2017 GT

ranjeetsodhi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ranjeet
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible premium
Brand new '19 GT - been using it for less than 1 month, and my average has been 12.9 miles/gallon.

Palmas.jpg

Granted I am in Medellin (Colombia/South America), which is relatively hilly with smooth yet undulating roads (lots of fun to drive, but hard to do highway style aka boring, one gear, fixed speed driving).

The occasional long drives result in approx 15-16 mpg. But this car is so much fun to drive in these hilly roads - the perfect power/torque setup for these conditions (overtaking everyone at a whim is really satisfying).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
16 is about what I expect for mixed city/highway driving. I averaged about 19 with a 2015 GT over a year of ownership including some track days and about 18 with very similar driving in a 2016 GT350. Very easy to get a little higher or lower depending on how exactly you drive the car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My commute is short(3 miles) and lots of lights so if i drive "normal" I'll get about 14MPG, if I TRY to get good MPG I'll get about 16. When I drive like me I'll get 11.5. On longer highway drives I'll get mid to upper 20's.

Sponsored

5.0_Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ever
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I usually get 12 mpg driving on the streets 3 miles each way from home to work and back. It's crazy! I only have x-pipe, Roush axle back, and it's lowered.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I usually get 12 mpg driving on the streets 3 miles each way from home to work and back. It's crazy! I only have x-pipe, Roush axle back, and it's lowered.
What Elp_jc said! Trips that short are killer on fuel economy. For one thing, the engine never fully warms up in just three miles so the mixture is always a little on the rich side. That, coupled with stop and go driving and it's a miracle you're still getting in double digits! :clap:

5.0_Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ever
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
That's true. Thanks for the info.

What Elp_jc said! Trips that short are killer on fuel economy. For one thing, the engine never fully warms up in just three miles so the mixture is always a little on the rich side. That, coupled with stop and go driving and it's a miracle you're still getting in double digits! :clap:
Sponsored