Pony parts spare wheel

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone have any news on the pony parts GT spare wheel kit ?
Sponsored

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
Does anyone have any news on the pony parts GT spare wheel kit ?
I just got this update emailed to me:

"Dear Friends, Customers and fellow Mustang enthusiasts.

After many many months of
frustrations and delays beyond our control we have finally reached the point of having sourced , trialled and tested a no compromise component list for our "Spare Wheel Solution".

The light weight alloy wheel is now approved and tested and is ready for production .
The OEM type Scissor Jack is also ready for production.
The folding OEM type Wheel Brace (lug wrench) is now in production .

The final selection of the compact space saver tyre has been completed after many weeks of evaluation. This included meeting the load rating , physical size (0.7% of OEM rear wheel diameter) which ensures compatibility with the Traction Control and ABS Systems, Brembo brake clearance and stowage within the tyre well.

I must point out that all of the components selected for the spare wheel kit are of a no
compromise quality and fit for purpose.

However the frustration continues. We are now advised by our tyre manufacturer that
they have discontinued production of this particular tyre .
So now we find ourselves in top level discussions with the manufacturer to start producing the tyre again for our use .
We are expecting an answer in the next couple of weeks.

In addition to this we have been made aware of the Australia Government Anti-dumping laws that affect certain imports from China. In essence this law significantly increases the duty that has to be paid for importing the wheel. This will mean a price increase of the wheel when we have finally agreement on the tyre.

This will not affect the price for those customers who have already paid their deposit.
Again this is beyond our control and was unexpected.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unplanned and unexpected delays.

It is frustrating for all of us , not the least the team at Pony Parts Australia.
I will advise when we have a solution for the tyre.

Best regards

Phil and Alan
Pony Parts Australia"

OP
OP
MUS550

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Interesting , tyre right have a spare wheel and tyre available now in stock that fits the GT and fits in the wheel well without raising the floor . Just doesn’t come with a jack kit that’s all

Sponsored

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
Just get the Gnome spare wheel. It works. Haven't had a flat tyre since I got it.:lol:
Excellent - I just got my Gnome spare and am hoping for the same outcome :headbang:
Sponsored