Sponsored

Pony Car Sales outside of the US and Canada?

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Does anyone have any Facts/Rumors/Guesses about how well the Pony Cars are selling outside of the US and Canada? I have tried asking on various websites, but have had no luck in getting any useful information.

Of course I am most curious about the RHD Mustangs, but would take anything that I can get to scratch this itch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Mustang conquers the world

A globetrotting hit, from Europe to Mideast to Australia

Ooooh! That helped my itch a lot. Thanks John

"Today, overseas markets still account for a small fraction of the Mustang's total sales, with about 80 percent of the cars -- all built in Flat Rock, Mich. -- staying stateside." So when we see the monthly US sales numbers for Mustangs, we could add about another 20% for exports. That is amazing.

Exporting today to about 81 countries and targeting 100. Wow!

Eat that Camaro fans!

Last edited:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
You guys really can't imagine how this car attracts peoples eyes here overseas. This is so amazing, you can't take your car out without having a lot of people straring/watching/taking pictures of it.

You feel like to be very famous while driving this car. Last time, was stuck in trafic between a Porsche 911 and a Audi RS5, let you imagine which car attracts all attention :first:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
"but at least my car is more rare overseas" - Camaro6G owner

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
From the UK section of this board, I think (can't find the reference, but it is buried somewhere) RHD sales in the UK are sitting at about 2,200 +/-.

We were even able to get a breakdown by colour option. 150 CO's in the UK, so a rare breed!

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Ooooh! That helped my itch a lot. Thanks John

"Today, overseas markets still account for a small fraction of the Mustang's total sales, with about 80 percent of the cars -- all built in Flat Rock, Mich. -- staying stateside." So when we see the monthly US sales numbers for Mustangs, we could add about another 20% for exports. That is amazing.

Exporting today to about 81 countries and targeting 100. Wow!

Eat that Camaro fans!
I read an article that the Camaro is going to be exported to China soon.
The Chinese know the Camaro as "Bumblebee"....go figure.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Australian sales are about 6000 so far, which far exceeded Ford's expectations (hence the long waiting list!)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
John

Here's some info direct from Ford UK :)

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage...leads-uk-high-performance-car-sales-race.html

BRENTWOOD, England - Ford Mustang is the UK’s most popular high-performance sports coupe, ahead of competitors from Porsche, BMW, Jaguar and Mercedes. Figures for sports cars with 250PS or more put the Mustang at the front of the pack from January to July 2016.

Since Ford started taking orders in January 2015, the Ford Mustang has topped 4,000 sales to date, with total 2016 registrations at 2,317, so far. This puts the Mustang comfortably at the top of the table against rivals, the closest being the Jaguar F-Type with 1,446.

Top 10 250PS+ Performance Vehicles (YTD July 2016) –

1.Ford Mustang (2,317)
2.Jaguar F-Type (1,446)
3.BMW 6 Series (1,367)
4.Porsche 911 (1,315)
5.Porsche Cayman (787)
6.Audi TT (778)
7.Porsche Boxster (526)
8.Mercedes SL (489)
9.Porsche 718 (482)
10.BMW i8 (382)

The current split in sales across models shows that 70 per cent of customers specified the 5.0-litre V8 engine, with the remaining 30 per cent favouring the 2.3-litre EcoBoost. Total customer orders for the Ford Mustang in Europe now stand at more than 19,500 since the car was launched in the third quarter of 2015.

Since June this year, all Mustang models have been fitted sophisticated SYNC 3 infotainment system as standard, offering a redesigned eight-inch touchscreen and faster performance, and the ability for drivers to control their connected smartphones, audio, navigation, and climate functions with more conversational voice commands.

In addition, the new Ford Mustang is available to order with three new colour options – Grabber Blue, Lightning Blue and White Platinum.

The Mustang’s popular European introduction is another page in the exciting Ford Performance story, which continues with the success of ST, Fiesta ST200, Focus RS and GT. More than 6,500 enthusiasts applied to buy the all-new Ford GT in just one month – with over 500 from the UK alone

1471961819698.jpg

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
You guys in the UK need to up your sales game Paul..:D....a population of 63 million and you only have four thousand so far....here in Aus we only have a pop. of 23 million and have over five thousand either here or on a boat on their way and still a few thousand more on order.....:thumbsup:

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
I think one of the biggest turn offs for people in the UK is the fuel prices. It's the first thing people say to me when I tell them I'm buying a v8 mustang.

Also there's pretty much no advertisements for the car

white880

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby super snake 2017
it is a 12 to 15 month wait in australia for a mustang. they could easily sell more iof we could get stock. i think 800 were sold alone last month for a population of just over 22 million. plus we have to pay more for the car

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'm one of only 150 CO Mustang owners in the UK and I have to echo our French friend earlier that it is funny to have something so numerous in the US that is so rare in the UK that many people don't know what it is lol

It attracts stares, waves and people who come over to say hello and say complimentary things about the car.

The police who stopped me for being a bit too quick didn't know what it was and guessed its value at around $200,000. They looked surprised when I said it cost about the same as their Ford patrol car.

I went for the V8 despite our petrol costing $8 a gallon. 8 months and 8000 miles and I'm loving it.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I think one of the biggest turn offs for people in the UK is the fuel prices. It's the first thing people say to me when I tell them I'm buying a v8 mustang.

Also there's pretty much no advertisements for the car
As for the ads. there was one on TV for around 6 months day and night it run for
When I do car shows, the 1st question I am always asked is:

"how much does it do to the gallon"

And when I tell them, they are very much surprised, and confirm the car is a V8
Sponsored