Sponsored

Poll: Which Shelby GT350/R are you getting?

Which Shelby GT350 are you getting?

• Base

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Track Pack

Votes: 37 27.8%
  • Technology Pack

Votes: 57 42.9%
  • GT350R

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • GT350R w/ Electrical Pack

Votes: 23 17.3%

• Total voters

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
If I can get one it'll be a base, triple yellow, black stripes, black roof.
Sponsored

obiwandado

15 Deep Impact EB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I'll meet you halfway in Toronto. How's that ? By the way i will also need the seat console push buttons and electrical harness, so start undoing things back home. ;)
DONE.

This is now a BINDING agreement! I have lawyers, pal! Lawyers! :headbang:

Jb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, my first post. Got lots info from this site so thanks to many. Tomorrow putting in order. The gt350 I can order to spec finding 350r is a coin flip. I was thinking the tech pack but man the recaro's. If those are pics of the upgraded miko with the tech, thinking recaro's. Then the point someone mentioned about how sync etc will eventually go out date. This car is going to be keeper that's passed on. So maybe the track pack. Wish I could line item the add ons.

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
Agree with what many others have said. Really wish you could get the NAV and nicer console with the Track Pack but it is what it is in this case.

Also pretty surprised to see how many guys are going with the Tech Pack over the Track Pack. For a car like the GT350 it just seems the Track Pack is so much truer to the intended purpose of the car than having heated / cooled leather seats and creature comforts. All of that said I totally get it if you are using it for a daily driver and god bless those of you who can daily drive a GT350! :cheers:

For me its a weekend play toy and I want the most raw / engaging experience and I think the Recaros will add to that experience. Also as others have said you really don't need NAV in a weekend play toy and can always just mount an iPad Mini if you do. When I first looked at the poll it seemed 50% of people were going with Tech but now its down to 40% so I guess others have moved ot the R or Track Pack. Anyway, enjoy! All versions will be sweet!

I do have a question though - is the stereo in the Track Pack at least decent or is it total crap / non-existent?

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
It's a basic system, which is way better than a basic system from 20 years ago. It'll be fine.

MarcW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Agreed. The only thing it won't have (which I want) is satellite radio. Where I live, regular FM stations are crap. I hope someone makes a nice add on for the base radio. I don't want an extra receiver hanging off the dash.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Agreed. The only thing it won't have (which I want) is satellite radio. Where I live, regular FM stations are crap. I hope someone makes a nice add on for the base radio. I don't want an extra receiver hanging off the dash.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I listen to Sirius radio exclusively. Looks like I'll be listening to my own mp3s in this car UNLESS we can convince Ford to make the Sirius chip standard (as it should be!).

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I listen to Sirius radio exclusively. Looks like I'll be listening to my own mp3s in this car UNLESS we can convince Ford to make the Sirius chip standard (as it should be!).
I'm on the other side as I fine Sirius sound quality to be terrible. I'd like them to dump it completely and make HD radio standard.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed on Sirius, I have base GT without any fancy features, I use a $18 soundbot for Bluetooth hands free and to stream music through tha aux port. As long as I have Bluetooth integration or an aux port I'm golden

Sponsored

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I went with the Tech Package. I am not going to go racing so I didn't need the Recaro seats, bigger spoiler and oil/diff coolers. I like having the integrated XM and NAV. I know I could use my Smart phone but I don't want to fumble with it while driving or use those tacky Autozone suction cup mounts in a 60K car. The SYNC 3 can update itself via WIFI at home so I think it will be around longer than the previous version and still usable as long as updates are provided. The Dual Zone electronic AC is something I value also. My wife is petite and she gets cold easy so she would always complain and turn off the AC in my older mustangs with the manual AC. Our other cars have had the dual zone AC and we both set it to where we are happy. Happy wife = happy life so those were my reasons for getting the Tech pack.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Were you referring to the Track Pack? I see this option available on an R with the Electronics Pack:

582 .CD W/SIRIUSXM
Sponsored