Sponsored

Poll: Which Shelby GT350/R are you getting?

Which Shelby GT350 are you getting?

• Base

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Track Pack

Votes: 37 27.8%
  • Technology Pack

Votes: 57 42.9%
  • GT350R

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • GT350R w/ Electrical Pack

Votes: 23 17.3%

• Total voters

ncford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I wish they had an option for the tech package with recaros.
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Voted base. Want Tech Pack, but the price seems a bit much right now. Wouldn't be shocked if I end up with the tech pack in the end though.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Most like i will get the Base w/Track because I'm not paying $20k ADM for an R. Its going to be a fight just getting it at MSRP. I'll be happy with a GT350, Tack and A/C, just no Sync3 :tsk:

Even thought the weather is nice Button Willow is 2hr North of LA and it get above 90 degrees there very easily.
I think the base has Sync. It just doesn't have the big screen and nav and all that extra stuff. I assume it's similar to the system in my 2015. It's plenty for me. I use my phone for nav. It's nice because the phone will interrupt the radio and play the driving directions. :shrug:

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I agree. They are all getting the same tires, brakes, and drivetrain. Numbers on a track will likely be very similar. Stuff like the Magneride will improve feel on the track(might also improve lap times, I don't know), but the differences in weight would be negligeable in the grand scheme. Driver weight would play just as big a role.
This is not exactly true. Be careful.

The R has one size bigger tires front and rear (different rims obviously, 1/2" larger at each end, also) AND the tires are different tread compounds. It's all in the details. This is relevant if you do plan to take the car on track (OR keep it long enough to have to buy a set of tires). A set of tires will probably cost $1600, BTW.

"Numbers on a track likely very similar"???
Be careful with this. To some people, very similar means 2 seconds. To a road racer like me, very similar means 2 tenths or less. These cars are NOT very similar and the lap times won't be either. I've spent 40 hours working on my car to get 2 tenths. It's a big deal.

150 pounds is NOT negligible. I race with guys who cut the ends off of bolts to drop weight. They trim the metal edges off sheet metal and grind edges off casting flash. I'm not exaggerating. I know this is not normal.
BUT this car is engineered for the track and many of us WILL take the GT350 or GT350R on track.

I'm no Pro racer, I have a day job. But I do spend ten to twenty weekends a year at the track. That adds up over ten years or so. But the details DO make a huge difference. I'm torn between GT350 with Track Pack and GT350R with electronics. Yes, the weight matters but so does the extra $10,000.

Carry-on. :D

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This is not exactly true. Be careful.

The R has one size bigger tires front and rear (different rims obviously, 1/2" larger at each end, also) AND the tires are different tread compounds. It's all in the details. This is relevant if you do plan to take the car on track (OR keep it long enough to have to buy a set of tires). A set of tires will probably cost $1600, BTW.

"Numbers on a track likely very similar"???
Be careful with this. To some people, very similar means 2 seconds. To a road racer like me, very similar means 2 tenths or less. These cars are NOT very similar and the lap times won't be either. I've spent 40 hours working on my car to get 2 tenths. It's a big deal.

150 pounds is NOT negligible. I race with guys who cut the ends off of bolts to drop weight. They trim the metal edges off sheet metal and grind edges off casting flash. I'm not exaggerating. I know this is not normal.
BUT this car is engineered for the track and many of us WILL take the GT350 or GT350R on track.

Comparing base to the Track/Tech Pack, not the GT350R. We already know the weight difference between the base and R, about 130lbs.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
So less than 2% of the total number of GT350s being produced are going to the educated, enthusiastic members here - if their order stories are all true. That means the rest of the world gets 98%, so there have to be some cars available somewhere. :confused:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
GT350 + Tech + Cover

Color - Im torn, White with Blue Stripes or Magnetic with Black Stripes.

However I may forgo stripes and have them done myself. Magnetic - Ghost Silver/grey, White - replicate the Blue with red.

Wish it came in the Ruby Red because I would do some ghost silver stripes with that.

Daily driver for me and wont ever see a track.

Sponsored

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
GT350 + Tech + Cover

Color - Im torn, White with Blue Stripes or Magnetic with Black Stripes.

However I may forgo stripes and have them done myself. Magnetic - Ghost Silver/grey, White - replicate the Blue with red.

Wish it came in the Ruby Red because I would do some ghost silver stripes with that.

Daily driver for me and wont ever see a track.
Just to make sure, there is no Stripe delete option on these, Correct? I didnt see it but i might have missed it.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just to make sure, there is no Stripe delete option on these, Correct? I didnt see it but i might have missed it.
default is no stripes. The stripes are an add on option

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Comparing base to the Track/Tech Pack, not the GT350R. We already know the weight difference between the base and R, about 130lbs.
I'd like to see the weight difference between Tech & Track. Adding heated and cooled seats and touch screen display with extra speaker could easily add 30-50 pounds over the Track pack depending on cooler weight. Both of these packs will weigh more than the base. Hopefully we'll find this out soon.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
MY15' Avalanche gray, black roof and black stripes - track pack.

I'm with Randy M - technology is old 1 month from the day it is new - I feel that cars as special as these (which I plan on holding onto FOREVER) with the least amount of electronics THE BETTER.

The tooling, computers and all the items needed to say "restore" a 2015 car in year 2035,45,55 will be gone and the people who know/knew how to run em' won't be around either.

GPS will be a whole different animal in 5 x years, BlueTooth? They'll be something else.

Folks - CD's are nearly out of print - who saw that coming? And now - a resurgence in vinyl! If the same goes for cars as music - well. . . I rest my case.

Anyhow, we all love these babies regardless of taste and preference - so here's to all the future owners.

Love em' + drive em' + keep em' on the road!!

Bosshog
*ps, I was SO DRAWN to the Boss 302's simplicity - one of the main reason's I bought one! No electric seats, simple A/C + climate control - I went with a MY 2012 because I like the slimmer look, but also didn't want Xenon's and Sync.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
An availible one should be an option...

I hate this madhouse and enthusiastic buyers are always committed.
Sponsored