Sponsored

Pmas. = money well spent!

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Well I got to install my pmas no tune on Sunday and all I can say is it's very impressive. The install was straight forward.. the hardest thing was getting the darn sound tube off. I ended up taking of the strut brace to help with the yank method of removal.throttle response is more crisp and the power gain is noticeable. After the install on the first test drive I broke the tires loose a lot easier then before when I wasn't even trying to. There's now a throatier growl from the motor. Huge thanks to beefcake for is accurate recommendation on this setup.
Dave
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Well I got to install my pmas no tune on Sunday and all I can say is it's very impressive. The install was straight forward.. the hardest thing was getting the darn sound tube off. I ended up taking of the strut brace to help with the yank method of removal.throttle response is more crisp and the power gain is noticeable. After the install on the first test drive I broke the tires loose a lot easier then before when I wasn't even trying to. There's now a throatier growl from the motor. Huge thanks to beefcake for is accurate recommendation on this setup.
Dave
your very welcome

appreciate the business!!

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Is this the most popular cold air? I'm pondering between this ok and the airraid with the filter that's covered by the plexiglass. Looking for a no tune cai

OP
OP
shelbydave

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Is this the most popular cold air? I'm pondering between this ok and the airraid with the filter that's covered by the plexiglass. Looking for a no tune cai
I spent tons of time reading to find what I believe is that for a no tune intake the pmas is the way to go. The pmas is the only one in the industry to offer a pre calibrated mas air flow sensor .. so in a sense you have a tuned maf sensor.
If for some reason you decide to get one give beefcake a shot.. the dudes a class act!

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
So the new Mishimoto looks great, but I have to think the PMAS with the larger MAF housing and calibrated MAF sensor would have greater gains and future potential over the Mishi, right? I get that it's just an intake, don't expect a lot, but if I'm going to buy one, PMAS no tune is probably going to perform better now and in the future, it would seem?

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does the PMAS come with a block off plug for the sound tube? Or will the Boomba plug I have work on this as well?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So the new Mishimoto looks great, but I have to think the PMAS with the larger MAF housing and calibrated MAF sensor would have greater gains and future potential over the Mishi, right? I get that it's just an intake, don't expect a lot, but if I'm going to buy one, PMAS no tune is probably going to perform better now and in the future, it would seem?
Absolutely especially if you plan on a high flow intake manifold, headers, etc.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I can't find it, but I saw a graph where someone did a flow test on all (or most) of the available intakes. It went PMAS for highest flow, then the GT350 intake (which is what I have), then the Steeda intake... I believe. I think the most popular is probably JLT or Airaid just because they were first to market (or close to it).

I find the PMAS to be terribly ugly and, consequently, I could never have it myself. I don't even care that much about what my engine bay looks like (you should see how dirty it is right now) but it was just too ugly for me. But... if you don't care about that then you won't be worried about it.

The GT350 intake isn't much of a looker either, but the plastics and seal are far more refined. It has the accordion thing on the inlet tube that people say harms laminar air flow but that's a load of poop. The Steeda intake would be my choice if I didn't go with the Power Pack 2 (which has the GT350 intake).

If you care about inlet temps, then get a closed box model made of plastic.

Fact is, almost all of the aftermarket intake assemblies will increase flow but you will get the more noticeable results with a tune, even a canned tune. Without a tune, IMHO, I would (and did) just put a dry flow filter in the stock intake (mine was aFe) and achieve a notable percentage of the benefit for pennies on the dollar comparatively, thereby helping the already great stock intake flow a bit better. I mean... people use the stock intake and get 600+ HP with a SC... it's no slouch.

Then later on, when you can afford (or are willing) to get a tune, get a package from Steeda or Palm Beach Dyno or Beefcake or others when they have a sale where it's all meant to work together... then you're going to have much bigger results, your engine will actually be able to consume the extra air, and you'll be much happier overall.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
does the pmas fit under the hood without modification? is the tube touching/hitting the hood?

Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
Just bought mine, can't wait to install it.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
picked one up as well. anyone paint this "ugly" thing. dont get all mad, i know it performs, but it is a huge ugly piece of plastic. think i will do something to the black tube when i get it.

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Finally bit as well, hopefully it is worth it!

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
What anyone mind sharing what pricing we are getting on 6G for these? Feel free to PM me if you prefer? Thanks guys.
Sponsored