Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Not to jump off topic here but looking a whole year for a GT350 at MSRP? Am I really lucky to have gotten a call by the dealer for a 2017 GT350 at MSRP? I didn't bite yet because I wanted to try selling my car first, but if it's that hard to find, maybe I should? Thought I seen a bunch at MSRP online. Curious.
Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Glad to hear you waited. Similarly, I thought to myself I could buy a Stingray Z51 for what I was paying for the GT350. You won't regret... I can walk down to the dealership in my small town and buy either an LT1 in Vette or Camaro, there's a Z06 with $10K marked down, but no GT350 at their sister dealership. Those are sold before they arrive.

This is for anyone else reading this, having a choice and trying to make a decision. The Voodoo FPC engine... You just can't understand until you've actually driven it yourself. You can't believe Ford actually did this in a Mustang. Someone wrote on here than Ford nicknamed this Hummingbird because of how high is revs. I suggest it's because of the high-pitched hum the car starts to make at 4K+ rpms.

I get a kick reading some of the GT500 speculation and quick people are to throw the GT350 aside. I think there will always be a place for this power plant.

Anyway... good luck with the purchase!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Glad to hear you waited. Similarly, I thought to myself I could buy a Stingray Z51 for what I was paying for the GT350. You won't regret... I can walk down to the dealership in my small town and buy either an LT1 in Vette or Camaro, there's a Z06 with $10K marked down, but no GT350 at their sister dealership. Those are sold before they arrive.

This is for anyone else reading this, having a choice and trying to make a decision. The Voodoo FPC engine... You just can't understand until you've actually driven it yourself. You can't believe Ford actually did this in a Mustang. Someone wrote on here than Ford nicknamed this Hummingbird because of how high is revs. I suggest it's because of the high-pitched hum the car starts to make at 4K+ rpms.

I get a kick reading some of the GT500 speculation and quick people are to throw the GT350 aside. I think there will always be a place for this power plant.

Anyway... good luck with the purchase!
The only people quick to discount the GT350 on the account of the GT500, frankly is not the GT350's customer base. Those guys are just concerned with numbers and speed. They don't care how the car gets it numbers, or if it has soul or not. Most owners know where the GT350 stands in automotive history. I'd say the GT350 is to Ford, what the 911 R is to Porsche.

shelby24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I don't see that many C7 's on the road because we wave @ each other. Both cars are special. I like the low end grunt that you don't have in the 350. The C7 Z51 is faster in all catagories. You will also like the rev match 7 speed and heads up display. It's smaller and feels like a sports car. The 350 is kind of like my Boss. Parked next to each other it's a big car.
On the flip side my wife says mustangs are for kids. I think you just got to go for what you want not what others think
If the Vette bores me I Jump in the boss. Talk about raw feel just drive it with the side pipe plates out. It revs to 7500 rpm and with a simple tune it's 8500rpm no problem. The engine was designed to handle 9000 rpm in grand am in case you missed a gear. Both cars are different. That's why I have both. If I get tired of the boy racer I jump in the Vette.
Most people can't distinguish a mustang GT from a GT 350 on the road and there are a hell of a lot more mustang GTs on the road then C7's. Bought both used and saved a bundle. One owner low miles under 6,000 on both.
I disagree when u rumble by someone they can tell the difference between the Shelby GT350 and the regular GT. People get whiplash from whipping there head around after u drive by to check out the Shelby.:clap2:

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Not to jump off topic here but looking a whole year for a GT350 at MSRP? Am I really lucky to have gotten a call by the dealer for a 2017 GT350 at MSRP? I didn't bite yet because I wanted to try selling my car first, but if it's that hard to find, maybe I should? Thought I seen a bunch at MSRP online. Curious.
I'm glad for you. Every one I've found within a reasonable travel distance (~200 miles) has had an ADM. Even dealerships where I bought GT500s at MSRP are wanting ADMs on the 350.

I'm surprised you'd consider selling your car. You've put a lot of work into it.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
I disagree when u rumble by someone they can tell the difference between the Shelby GT350 and the regular GT. People get whiplash from whipping there head around after u drive by to check out the Shelby.:clap2:
I have to agree, but I will also take it one step further.

Without question, this car creates/garners just as much attention as the C7 Z51 I sold in order to fund it.

And both get a lot of attention.

The 2015 GT got some attention as well, but there is really no comparison.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
fwiw, there is no chance in hell I would sell my car, if I had your car.

that thing is a work of art.

yeah, I love the GT350, but after all the work that you did and how that thing looks. wow.

***GT350***

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
MSRP on a 2017 without trading in your current vehicle?

This sounds like a "steal":)

I'm new here...what do i know.
Sponsored