Pig rich AFR

GoodRun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Recently rebuild engine and when on decel. the car dumps fuel like crazy. The afr goes down as far as 9's in some situation, while others it goes at leans out at 20 ( like its supposed to). car is on stock tune at the moment for break in. We checked for vac. leaks and are changing 02 sensors next. is there anything else you guys may think of that I should look at? The car dumps so much fuel from a high rev it stalls coming down back to idle. I still have my aftermarket bov on the car at the moment and giant front mount which i assume has nothing to do with it.. however we will try going back to the stock BPV as well just to be 100% sure. Thank you for any input.
Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Exhaust leaks?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Should be good for some WRX-like sounds (gurgling and popping) :headbang: Too bad you gotta pay for it at the pump... :(

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Switching from high to low octane could cause a similar issue until the car learns and adjusts. I would think you would see an error code if the air/fuel mix was not balanced.

OP
OP
GoodRun

GoodRun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Switching from high to low octane could cause a similar issue until the car learns and adjusts. I would think you would see an error code if the air/fuel mix was not balanced.
The car is showing a timing code which we are going to recheck Friday. However, looking at the pictures and the tools we used timing was locked in place. I will keep you guys updated as we find more stuff out. Thank you for suggestions.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
F/A adjusts up to a certain point. It takes reprogramming to throw it out of wack . Ignition or Cam Valves seem more likely.
Sponsored