Sponsored

Pictures of your first ride

JackHoya

I've always liked seeing pics of people's first cars on these forums so I'll start it off. The first car I owned was a black 1995 Nissan Sentra - a real junker in its own right, but have a special affinity towards these things b/c it's where I learned to drive stick. Amazingly, it managed to make over 10 round trips from DC to NYC during college.

I don't have an original pic of it (regretfully) but it is this car in black. What a beaut :eek:

http://vendonissansentra95.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/principalfrente.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

KZStang

Good thread. Here's my first "official" ride. As in, not my parents car and I paid for it. 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. Sure thought it was hotness back in the day.. what was I thinking?? :confused:

OP
OP

NRMStand

1989 Dodge Ram D-100 baby! I tried to offroad this truck once and nearly got me and my buddies killed. The good ole days. :D

OP
OP

groundnpounder

I've always liked seeing pics of people's first cars on these forums so I'll start it off. The first car I owned was a black 1995 Nissan Sentra - a real junker in its own right, but have a special affinity towards these things b/c it's where I learned to drive stick. Amazingly, it managed to make over 10 round trips from DC to NYC during college.

I don't have an original pic of it (regretfully) but it is this car in black. What a beaut :eek:

http://vendonissansentra95.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/principalfrente.jpg

LOL. I had a coupe version of the 95 Sentra! Also the car I learned stick on hah.

Had an aftermarket sound system in it and thought I was the man back then :)

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Since I am still on my first ride, I'll just post some pix of her the day I dragged her home.

She is much, much better now.

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Three years this past January. I have WAAAYYYY too much money in her to be giving her up any time soon either.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Worked for 2 summers in the mid-80s and bought this for $1400 when I turned 16... 1st car!

1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible 400/4-spd

OP
OP

TradeStepan

Worked for 2 summers in the mid-80s and bought this for $1400 when I turned 16... 1st car!

1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible 400/4-spd
Picture doesn't show up but that's a badass classic Pontiac!

Sponsored
OP
OP

groundnpounder

I don't actually have a digital photo of my first car - a used 1987 Mitsubishi Cordia, that's how long ago it was.

But here's a representative pic.

FWD and was one of the first cars imported and sold to US by Mitsu without involving Chrysler, its partner back then.

135 hp turbo :)

OP
OP

NRMStand

Three years this past January. I have WAAAYYYY too much money in her to be giving her up any time soon either.
Thed, I was a truck guy as my first ride too (pic above). Until I drove a family friend's old Mustang II. The rest is history .... you ever plan on upgrading to a Stang?

Sorry, dang angelfire... here it is. :shrug:
Wow, driving in style for your first ride. What year did you own this? Are these original pics? If I had one of these in h.s., life wouldve been much easier I imagine :D

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Wow, driving in style for your first ride. What year did you own this? Are these original pics? If I had one of these in h.s., life wouldve been much easier I imagine :D
Those were my last 3 remaining original pics. Owned it from 1986 though 1999... my 2nd car basically from HS through college & postgrad. Most of the time until '88 I drove my Dad's Eldorado... lol. I wish I still had the Goat but all hindsight now, just fond memories. :)

My primary car was this... 1988 TransAm GTA with the 5.7 TPI. Had it since new up to '93. My first choice was a fox body GT 5.0 (triple white convertible actually) but my Dad said no... go figure. Well here's one remaining pic of me at ATCO... ran 14.7 stock and 13.3 on a 50hp spray and SLP headers. :D
gta.jpg

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Thed, I was a truck guy as my first ride too (pic above). Until I drove a family friend's old Mustang II. The rest is history .... you ever plan on upgrading to a Stang?
Well I am going to get a somewhat cheap-ish DD to hold me over when the V8 is being put in the Ranger and she'll be a project truck. After that I'm likely going to spring for a new S550 GT.
Sponsored