Sponsored

Perpetual warm air from dash vents ?

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
As stated. I have the climate ctrl. set to full "lo", but A/C is not on (only the fan is running. I hate A/C unless it's really needed). Doesn't matter if air is recirc. or outside air, but it's quite warm. Wondered if anyone's 2015-16 had the same issue.

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Let's hope it's not stuck vents.
How warm is it outside?

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Is the a/c button lit ? Does it work if you set it to 60 or 61 ?
I vaguely recall someone saying that on LO it just blows the outside air with no heating or cooling.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
When I just have the system on with fan on lowest setting, temp all the way to cold, with no recirc and no A/C I also experience air from the vents that seems to be slightly warmer than outside ambient. Hadn't really noticed until I read this thread. Seems OK to me.

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It could be the cabin filter being blocked or dirty. There usually a replacement item in most cars but not having a mustang yet I don't know we're it would be or located in the dash. If you turn the air con on full is the air weak or still quite strong? Had the same problem on my ford before changed the filter and it solved the problem. Could be worth a look or further research

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lo Pony

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Air is plenty strong. I reasoned that if it was mid 60's outside (like yesterday) and I had it set all the way to "lo", I should get mid-60s air into the cabin, but what I end up getting is warm air instead - even when driving, especially when sitting.

Maybe the key is to keep it on recirculate from before the car is warmed up? I think that will still eventually lead to opening a window or turning on the AC.

Car is so new that I doubt it would be a blocked filter (but one never knows). They are going to check the car against another new one and let me know.

ccelaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT Premium
well, I have experienced warm air coming from the left-most vent and cold air coming from the fist vent (left to right) from the center console...

Like having heater and a/c at the same time at the driver's position...

:crazy:

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yep - noticed the same. Not sure I really understand the logic of this dual zone climate control. If I turn on the a/c, it will work just fine. Temperature setting runs fan speed and seems okay. But when it is cold, the a/c stays on and the the heat really doesn't do the job until I turn the a/c off. Is this what you are noticing too? Never had auto climate control that did not control the a/c when in auto mode. Would like to know if there is a bug or that this is really a semi-auto climate control.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bumping this thread up as it was the only one that I found when searching. So I've had my GT for almost 2 years now. Not sure this has always been the case, but today with it getting cooler out (outside temps around 50F this morning) I decided to drive around with the AC off and just run the vents on the cool setting thinking outside air would feel good. Well my vents blow kind of warm. I put a thermometer in the driver vent and it was measuring 85F even though it was 50F outside. First thing that comes to mind is Blend door, Yikes! So I'm really hoping this is just normal, but guessing not. I had the engine bay fully warm, thinking it just was getting warm air from there, but driving on the highway for 15 minutes didn't cool it down much at all. Anyone else see this on theirs? Really wish I could remember running the vents on just cool without AC, but can't recall how it was in the past.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
With all controls off incl the fans off you'll still get warm engine bay heat into the car when it's moving ... it just get's blown in.

Normally you can stop that speed-related air getting into the cabin by pressing the recirc button but I haven't tried that on this car yet (worked on others I've had though).

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Bumping this thread up as it was the only one that I found when searching. So I've had my GT for almost 2 years now. Not sure this has always been the case, but today with it getting cooler out (outside temps around 50F this morning) I decided to drive around with the AC off and just run the vents on the cool setting thinking outside air would feel good. Well my vents blow kind of warm. I put a thermometer in the driver vent and it was measuring 85F even though it was 50F outside. First thing that comes to mind is Blend door, Yikes! So I'm really hoping this is just normal, but guessing not. I had the engine bay fully warm, thinking it just was getting warm air from there, but driving on the highway for 15 minutes didn't cool it down much at all. Anyone else see this on theirs? Really wish I could remember running the vents on just cool without AC, but can't recall how it was in the past.
This has been normal on my base 15 GT since the beginning if the car is warmed up from running and/or sitting in the sun. I suspect the reason is that even though the intakes are outside the engine compartment the air intake ducts basically overhang the engine and it takes a lot of cool weather driving to reduce the temperature to "less hot". In addition they are under the hood and even though there is gasketing to separate the intakes from the engine compartment the hood gets hot and the whole area is "well warmed". The fact that the system tends to randomly change to recirc aggravates the problem.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks, good to know it's normal. I did some testing started the car up while cold at 55f with the air blowing cold. Once engine was warm I changed the temp to warm and watched my vent air climb to 75, then switched it back to cold, it took a bit of driving but then air coming out the vent started to lower my thermometer so I know it diverted to cold air. But the engine Bay was getting pretty warm so it didn't get as cold as it was when first started. Thanks for the confirmation.
Sponsored