Performance package dust!!!

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I have a 16 gt pp i bought last month and no problems so far other than keeping the wheels clean, my question is this how long should i expect these brake pads to last? I am not hard on brakes, my 06 gt lasted 50k miles. Have anyone here had to replace pads if so at what miles?
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've had worst dust on previous cars but I find a shot of water clears most of it off.

Not sure if anyone's driven enough miles yet to replace the pads.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
How long the brakes will last of course will vary from driver to driver, and this is my first GT and with the Brembo's, so I can't say. But, I've been using Armor All Outlast brake dust repellent on my front wheels with the Brembo's. I have been having very good results with it.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've read about other members review of the Outlast but don't like the fact that it leaves a coating on the wheels appears you have to remove now and then??

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
How long the brakes will last of course will vary from driver to driver, and this is my first GT and with the Brembo's, so I can't say. But, I've been using Armor All Outlast brake dust repellent on my front wheels with the Brembo's. I have been having very good results with it.
I was just about to buy some glad you give me a heads up i guess i will just buy me some wheel cleaner its a b**** to wash with a mit...lol i am generally easy on the brakes but it still very dusty.

Sponsored

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
I don't think brake dust means the pads will wear quickly. I had a car that generated lots of brake dust. I think the pads lasted 40 k miles. I just cleaned the wheels 2 x per week with a wheel cleaner and brush I purchased from an auto store. You can get pads that generate less dust, but the wheel cleaners are very effective at getting the dust off the wheels.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Metallic brake dust. Nothing to do with how much pressure applied or how frequently they're used. Get some semi metallic or ceramic brake pads. A lot of threads on this.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Use a wheel brush on the wheels. Much easier than a mitt. And you don't want to use the same washing and drying utensils on the car as you do for the wheels. If you would get any metallic particles from the brakes into your mitt, bye bye paint job.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i got stoptech pads now. cut down on that brake dust BIG time.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I've read about other members review of the Outlast but don't like the fact that it leaves a coating on the wheels appears you have to remove now and then??
Hmmm, . . . .Haven't really noticed a coating left on them. But then again, my wheels are a bright silver color (Niche Sport Targa's), so i may not be noticing it. My car also sits for a whole week so maybe it also fades some by then?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
i got stoptech pads now. cut down on that brake dust BIG time.
In another thread I saw that you said that about the Stoptech pads. I will be trying them when the time comes.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Use a wheel brush on the wheels. Much easier than a mitt. And you don't want to use the same washing and drying utensils on the car as you do for the wheels. If you would get any metallic particles from the brakes into your mitt, bye bye paint job.
I have 2 mitts wash car with one mitt first then wheels last with my old mitt, that thing is stained with brake dust but it's good enough for my wheels. I've tried a brush but with the pp wheel design it doesnt get all the crannies.
Sponsored