Sponsored

Performance Pack Tires... done in under 6,700 miles...WTF?

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
2015 GT/PP, daily driver, and mine lasted 21K. That includes two road trip circuits from Sacramento to Las Vegas to LA and back. No track time (road or 1/4 mile). Fronts still had balanced wear and some tread left but replacement was coming. Only reason why I replaced them at 21K was while driving I caught a bolt in the rear tire. PSI light came on and it went from 32 to 21 instantly so I knew something bad was up.

Replaced them with stock size Firehawk Indy 500 tires and couldn't be happier. Better feel, response, quite, and overall grip. I don't think the Firehawks will last has long but so far they have handled everything well including cold, rain, and crappy road conditions.
Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I switched over to the indy 500s too. Much grippier tire especially in the cold and wet. And much higher treadware rating at 340 vs 220 for the pirelli. The only thing the pirellis were good at was 80 degree plus grip and a very stiff sidewall. But they dont last and theyre over priced.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Okay so I am at 6k on a 17 PP GT and my rear tires look pretty damn good. I drive that car hard. A fishtail U-turn whenever I have an empty corner, late night rain drifting, hard freeway on-ramp runs, and a few times playing with line lock. Granted I took one trip from Sacramento to LA, but at this rate I will easily get 10k out of the rears. What gives for everyone else?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Okay so I am at 6k on a 17 PP GT and my rear tires look pretty damn good. I drive that car hard. A fishtail U-turn whenever I have an empty corner, late night rain drifting, hard freeway on-ramp runs, and a few times playing with line lock. Granted I took one trip from Sacramento to LA, but at this rate I will easily get 10k out of the rears. What gives for everyone else?
Mine looked great at 6K. You'll be replacing them before 15k....most likely closer to 12k-13k miles.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My rear pzeros were delaminating by 4000 miles...looked like they'd been rubbing on something...:ninja:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Thankfully atleast in the promo photos Ford has ditched the Pirelli for Michelin.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I mean I typically don't push it too hard, but have a time or two. To be specific, I have the State Farm Drive Safe and Save chip in my car and my grades are as follows:

Left Turns: C-
Right Turns: C-
Acceleration: C+
Braking: C
Speed: B

So, certainly not A's, but I figure it's average from the perspective of my insurance company...

In my experience it is super easy to spin the tires when they are cold (and by cold I mean under 80 degrees). And they don't make much noise when it happens. So I can see doing this with just a daily unintentional burnout leaving your subdivision.

Larger MPSS help a lot.

Good new is, the Ford traction control doesn't clamp down at the first sign of fun.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Id like to hear more on the Indy 500s those that have had them for awhile now. I'm running the comp2 A/S and it's a great tire but now that its warmer this tire just gives up too much for how I want to drive my PP with some suspension mods, I'm going to have to get back to a ultra/max summer tire and probably run the Comp2 A/S that 4-5 months out of the year.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Mine looked great at 6K. You'll be replacing them before 15k....most likely closer to 12k-13k miles.
That I fully expect, but what about Burkey underneath you who says his were done at 4k? If that were me I would be contacting the dealer and Pirelli about defective rubber.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
That I fully expect, but what about Burkey underneath you who says his were done at 4k? If that were me I would be contacting the dealer and Pirelli about defective rubber.
Either that, or his definition of "spirited driving" is different than yours lol.

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
29k on stock 20" pzeros, about time for a new set. Daily driver, in New England. No snow and above 40 degrees, its on the road.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I am at 10K and change on my 19" PZeros (Perf Pack) and they are in OK shape - have done 2x HPDE's and 2 Autocross on them. Don't expect them to survive the summer.

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
Im at 2500 miles on the PZeros for my 17 GT PP and im ready to change the tires. Im leaning towards the Michelin Super Sports. Can anyone advise me on if this is still a good choice or if there is another option out there that is better. My main issue is not being able to hook not matter what i try to do.
Sponsored