Sponsored

Pedal Commander Worth It?

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Roush Phase 2
How does that relate to your 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement? Do you understand the statement lol?

Not picking on you, but your last post tells me you don't understand how the product works, or maybe you do but you are not looking at the other side on this. The pedalmax essentially tricks the motor to thinking the pedal is pressed further. The driver can simply... press the pedal further to get the exact same results. If the pedalmax is at 30% (stock position) and let's say that equates to the voltage output of the equivalent of 80% stock throttle position... all the driver has to do is push the pedal to 80% and boom.... same exact output as the pedalmax at 30%. If you think there is a measurable difference on a driver pushing the pedal to 30% and 80%... sorry there are too many other variables that wash this tiny increment of time out and make it negligible.
It's apparent you don't know how the product works. It's not tricking the motor. It's not manipulating throttle maps that is performed in the PCM. It's doesn't touch it, it doesn't leave a digital footprint. It can't void your warranty. So how is it tricking anything? When they claim that they improve throttle response by speeding up the signal from the pedal to the throttle, why is it difficult to believe a simple electronic device that controls the speed of the signal does exactly that?

And these small seemingly insignificant differences can snowball into significant differences on the track and drag strip.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
And these small seemingly insignificant differences can snowball into significant differences on the track and drag strip.
Have you ever been to the track ? Or more specifically - have you ever driven on one ?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wait, so a device like this can make WOT even more WOT?

:lol:

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
It's apparent you don't know how the product works. It's not tricking the motor. It's not manipulating throttle maps that is performed in the PCM. It's doesn't touch it, it doesn't leave a digital footprint. It can't void your warranty. So how is it tricking anything? When they claim that they improve throttle response by speeding up the signal from the pedal to the throttle, why is it difficult to believe a simple electronic device that controls the speed of the signal does exactly that?

Tricking is my way to explain it, it was a choice of a descriptor. We are saying the same thing on how it operates man. But it is tricking it, (going back to my earlier numbers in the example) the throttle is depressed to 30%, yet it is sending a signal that the pedal is at the equivalent 80% of the stock pedal. It is not at 80%, but it has 80% signal output... tricking it to believe it is in another position.

Good, you get how it works. The driver can do the very same thing by pushing the pedal to 80%. For example a simple part throttle drag race (ecoboost guys love these types of drags... couldn't resist lol). You with your pedalmax take off at 30% throttle, have someone next to you take off at the evivalent output (80% lets say sticking with the same numbers) and guess what... you will be going the same speed and/or accelerating at the same rate as the car next to you. A driver can do anything and everything that the pedalmax can do without sacrificing the low range of the throttle and greater ability to modulate.

Now, when are you going to explain you 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement

Also... sorry but no these "small seemingly insignificant differences" CANNOT make a difference on the track. There are too many other variables and other sources of driver error/input error, track inconsistensies, weather/ambient temps, on and on and on that will wash away any seeming difference the pedalmax makes. Plus man, you keep saying it, it only feels faster... yet you are hellbent that it is faster.

Sponsored

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I like that their is a steeper throttle response gradient and shorter foot movement to achieve that response with the Pedalmax. You can get to a more open throttle quicker with more control as you "squeeze" your toes rather than move your whole foot to achieve the same throttle position. The variable signal boost knob helps a lot to personalize the response.

I turn it off on track days to afford more tolerance in foot position/movement when cornering with my legs pushed one way or the other

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you ever been to the track ? Or more specifically - have you ever driven on one ?
No, but when you're racing someone, who gets the first hit, even between two nearly identical cars. can make a significant difference in the outcome.

And I can modulate with the pedal commander. I measure pedal pressure in real time all the time when I drive. You can see my sct tuner in the video i uploaded a page or two back. When I'm doing normal driving, I usually rest at 20% or 26% pedal pressure from idle and increase or decrease depending on the amount of throttle i want. When you watch the reaction videos, the cars are accelerating fast because they're applying what they're use to applying without it, which suggest they have to press pretty far without it and not get the "bat out of the hell" feel when they press it the same distance with it. No on/off BS you guys are projecting.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tricking is my way to explain it, it was a choice of a descriptor. We are saying the same thing on how it operates man. But it is tricking it, (going back to my earlier numbers in the example) the throttle is depressed to 30%, yet it is sending a signal that the pedal is at the equivalent 80% of the stock pedal. It is not at 80%, but it has 80% signal output... tricking it to believe it is in another position.

Good, you get how it works. The driver can do the very same thing by pushing the pedal to 80%. For example a simple part throttle drag race (ecoboost guys love these types of drags... couldn't resist lol). You with your pedalmax take off at 30% throttle, have someone next to you take off at the evivalent output (80% lets say sticking with the same numbers) and guess what... you will be going the same speed and/or accelerating at the same rate as the car next to you. A driver can do anything and everything that the pedalmax can do without sacrificing the low range of the throttle and greater ability to modulate.

Now, when are you going to explain you 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement

Also... sorry but no these "small seemingly insignificant differences" CANNOT make a difference on the track. There are too many other variables and other sources of driver error/input error, track inconsistensies, weather/ambient temps, on and on and on that will wash away any seeming difference the pedalmax makes. Plus man, you keep saying it, it only feels faster... yet you are hellbent that it is faster.
Again, you don't know how this product works in reality. You live in the theoretical, cause you've never tested it. Your example doesn't even make sense. When you race, you're cars in idle, your climbing from 0% to whatever n% throttle, the pedalmax will get you out of the hole quicker. I suppose the exception is in the use of a transbrake or launch control where your pedal is already at 100% before you launch.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
No, but when you're racing someone, who gets the first hit, even between two nearly identical cars. can make a significant difference in the outcome.
If you honestly believe the time difference between you going WOT and me going WOT is in any way measurable...or can have any outcome on a race then I have some ocean front property in Nebraska for you. Seriously, you need to stop with this fallacy.

Just-stop.jpg

Again, you don't know how this product works in reality. You live in the theoretical, cause you've never tested it. Your example doesn't even make sense. When you race, you're cars in idle, your climbing from 0% to whatever n% throttle, the pedalmax will get you out of the hole quicker. I suppose the exception is in the use of a transbrake or launch control where your pedal is already at 100% before you launch.
LOL, I'm sorry...he knows exactly how it works. You don't need to use it to understand. It's a simple device that intercepts the throttle signal input and changes the output. It doesn't speed the signal up. It doesn't open the throttle any quicker. It does not reduce lag. Instead of having an x throttle input and y throttle output you now have an x throttle input with 2y throttle output. You have reduced the modulation and made the pedal more sensitive to throttle input.

And no, the pedalmax will not get you out of the hole in any measurable way quicker. Were talking about time differences here that you cannot measure.

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Actually applying too much throttle out of the hole results in tire spin and no grip and a lost race... but I forgot you know everything.

First off I've been trying to help you, politely, to answer a question you asked. You don't know shit about what I know or don't know. You are right, I haven't tested it, because I don't NEED to. If you seriously think this magic box gets you out of the hole quicker then honestly you need much more education than I am willing to provide at this point. Shit the world needs suckers... glad you can provide. Because I didn't test this doesn't mean I live in the theoretical... pretty broad statement there.

Your own statements can be thrown right back at you almost every time. You just said that you don't race, have never been to a track... but yet you KNOW the pedalmax will win you a race against a non pedalmax car (all other mods equivalent). What the hell do you not understand, a driver can replicate the exact same thing! Sorry I took the time to answer a question you asked. A lot of good people on here who honestly want the correct answer and know when to say oh shit I was wrong. Good to know you aren't one of the people interested in learning something or expanding their knowledge a bit.

Still waiting for you to explain your half baked 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement which you avoid again and again... at this point its clear even you don't know what the fu*k that means.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you honestly believe the time difference between you going WOT and me going WOT is in any way measurable...or can have any outcome on a race then I have some ocean front property in Nebraska for you. Seriously, you need to stop with this fallacy.

Just-stop.jpg

LOL, I'm sorry...he knows exactly how it works. You don't need to use it to understand. It's a simple device that intercepts the throttle signal input and changes the output. It doesn't speed the signal up. It doesn't open the throttle any quicker. It does not reduce lag. Instead of having an x throttle input and y throttle output you now have an x throttle input with 2y throttle output. You have reduced the modulation and made the pedal more sensitive to throttle input.

And no, the pedalmax will not get you out of the hole in any measurable way quicker. Were talking about time differences here that you cannot measure.
After all this time, how does it not open the throttle quicker? Even in your attempt of explaining how you think it works, claiming that the output is double the normal throttle output for example, how is that not admitting that the throttle is open wider and therefore quicker?

Let's suppose you're correct in how you think it works (via "signal-throttle mapping"),

pp - pedal position
to - throttle output

Pedalmax
0-pp(0-to), 10-pp(20-to), 20-pp(40-to), 30-pp(60-to), 40-pp(80-to), 50-pp(100-to)

stock
0-pp(0-to), 10-pp(10-to), 20-pp(20-to), 30-pp(30-to), 40-pp(40-to), 50-pp(50-to)...100-pp(100-to)

if we agree that the foot in our test presses the pedal no quicker with or without the pedalmax, how is the throttle not at 100% sooner? How is this not therefore faster? :frusty:

And this has nothing to do with lag. Lag is when you press the pedal and you get no response. Not getting the desired output is not lag just so we're clear. No one here is arguing about lag.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Still trying to justify your $300 and butt dyno feelings? None of this matters, a driver can manipulate the throttle to do the same damn thing as the pedalmax does. Who really gives a shit what the throttle position is (well actual drivers do, but its clear we aren't talking about skilled track drivers at this point)... all that matters is the amount of throttle signal to the motor. By the way... you can't have more than 100% which is why the pedalmax does nothing but give you the ability to be a little lazy! So what the pedalmax mimics a further depressed throttle... you foot can do the same thing.

It goes back to my answer that went completely over your head. You say it opens faster, faster relative to what. The fu*king answer is faster to the same throttle position as stock. So yes at 30% stock throttle position let's say it equates to 80% of the stock throttle when the pedalmax is on. So if you want to say it opens faster, sure it opens faster than a stock pedal in the same position. Thing is... it doesn't fu*king matter, another car with no pedalmax puts the throttle to 80% and the throttle responds exactly the same as the pedalmax car at 30% stock position (since the 30% pedalmax mimics 80% stock).

You want to say it reaches 100% faster... well we have all agreed to that, except for it doesn't matter. The negligible time from a driver pushing 0 to 30% throttle and 0 to 80% is negligible. In the same time you reached 50% in your example of (where 50% gets you 100% throttle) I've hit my pedal to 100% throttle in my non pedalmax car. You say I live in the theoretical? Dude you are chasing 0.00001 seconds and trying to say that it is measurable in a race. News flash, time slips doesn't even go out that far.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually applying too much throttle out of the hole results in tire spin and no grip and a lost race... but I forgot you know everything.

First off I've been trying to help you, politely, to answer a question you asked. You don't know shit about what I know or don't know. You are right, I haven't tested it, because I don't NEED to. If you seriously think this magic box gets you out of the hole quicker then honestly you need much more education than I am willing to provide at this point. Shit the world needs suckers... glad you can provide. Because I didn't test this doesn't mean I live in the theoretical... pretty broad statement there.

Your own statements can be thrown right back at you almost every time. You just said that you don't race, have never been to a track... but yet you KNOW the pedalmax will win you a race against a non pedalmax car (all other mods equivalent). What the hell do you not understand, a driver can replicate the exact same thing! Sorry I took the time to answer a question you asked. A lot of good people on here who honestly want the correct answer and know when to say oh shit I was wrong. Good to know you aren't one of the people interested in learning something or expanding their knowledge a bit.

Still waiting for you to explain your half baked 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement which you avoid again and again... at this point its clear even you don't know what the fu*k that means.
I'm sorry that you're a moron, a blind moron even. I've already explain the 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement on page 7, did you conveniently pretend not to see it or is your plan just to say I don't understand. You don't seem to understand a lot of things. Racing doesn't only occur on the road course or an official drag strip. I race "in mexico". You, on the other hand probably tracked your car once and thought you were hot sh*t in your most likely stock car.

I'll explain the 1/2-1/4 again so even a retard like you can understand. Remember not believing it or believing it's not significant to make a difference doesn't equate to not understanding it.

If we're racing to see if you can press the pedal fully all the way before I can press the pedal only half way, but we're equally fast pressing the pedal (because we're measuring how fast the pedal commander is next to stock and not the driver), is it possible???

Of course it's not possible dumba*s. And if my half press is 100 throttle with the pedal commander while your 100 throttle is only achieved at full press, then the pedal commander is faster.

See, even a dumba*s like you can understand this explanation dumba*s!

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still trying to justify your $300 and butt dyno feelings? None of this matters, a driver can manipulate the throttle to do the same damn thing as the pedalmax does. Who really gives a shit what the throttle position is (well actual drivers do, but its clear we aren't talking about skilled track drivers at this point)... all that matters is the amount of throttle signal to the motor. By the way... you can't have more than 100% which is why the pedalmax does nothing but give you the ability to be a little lazy! So what the pedalmax mimics a further depressed throttle... you foot can do the same thing.

It goes back to my answer that went completely over your head. You say it opens faster, faster relative to what. The fu*king answer is faster to the same throttle position as stock. So yes at 30% stock throttle position let's say it equates to 80% of the stock throttle when the pedalmax is on. So if you want to say it opens faster, sure it opens faster than a stock pedal in the same position. Thing is... it doesn't fu*king matter, another car with no pedalmax puts the throttle to 80% and the throttle responds exactly the same as the pedalmax car at 30% stock position (since the 30% pedalmax mimics 80% stock).

You want to say it reaches 100% faster... well we have all agreed to that, except for it doesn't matter. The negligible time from a driver pushing 0 to 30% throttle and 0 to 80% is negligible. In the same time you reached 50% in your example of (where 50% gets you 100% throttle) I've hit my pedal to 100% throttle in my non pedalmax car. You say I live in the theoretical? Dude you are chasing 0.00001 seconds and trying to say that it is measurable in a race. News flash, time slips doesn't even go out that far.
I guess i won that argument. the pedal commander is faster. It's big of you to finally admit that.

Also I doubt you're physically faster than me, so I'll have a further advantage on the pedal speed ;)
Sponsored