Eatonian49

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
Flip the seats down. Then drive it. You'll hear it worse than ever. At least that's how it is on my car.
Yeah I noticed it was quite a bit louder when I did that for sure.
I had a rattle that was more in the b pillar but wanted to mention it just in case as car acoustics can be weird!
Mine was from the seat belt retractor (front right seat belt). You can verify if it's this easily by pulling the belt quickly so it locks when you hear the rattle, this should make it stop.
Car acoustics are weird for sure haha. My daily had a horrendous squeak/rattle at the c pillar that ended up being a loose screw in the wheel well, was crazy.

In this case I think my recording kinda localizes it to the trunk/c pillar areas so just have to keep an eye on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eatonian49

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That makes sense for an older vehicle, not a brand new one haha.

I HOPE I found the source of the issue on mine. It seems to be the weld joint on the passenger side in the trunk. I was able to insulate it some and so far I haven't heard it again.
Was it here?
1681303773711.png

I thought I fixed it when I removed my BMR brace. But it came back. Looks like I will need to pull the trunk liner to investigate this area.

OP
OP
Eatonian49

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
Was it here?
1681303773711.png

I thought I fixed it when I removed my BMR brace. But it came back. Looks like I will need to pull the trunk liner to investigate this area.
1681306441966.png

See the red circle. If you hit the trunk lining at that weld joint you may hear a pretty harsh sound. And it will vibrate at speed. The gap between the two pieces of welded metal was pretty big so I insualted it with double sided tape.

If you watch the videos on my original post the sound is coming right from around the red circled area. I had my phone right where the child seat anchor is and thats where it was the most harsh.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
1681306441966.png

See the red circle. If you hit the trunk lining at that weld joint you may hear a pretty harsh sound. And it will vibrate at speed. The gap between the two pieces of welded metal was pretty big so I insualted it with double sided tape.

If you watch the videos on my original post the sound is coming right from around the red circled area. I had my phone right where the child seat anchor is and thats where it was the most harsh.
Thanks! I will focus on that spot first. Looks like I have some work to do. :like:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
LOL TELL ME ABOUT IT, some bs is making noise on my rear right quarter panel (seems like the plastic panel is the culprit). I know this is not a luxury car but if I can silence then why not? I think the interior is pretty quiet in this car, just needs some TLC to be perfect imo.

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Did you have any luck fixing your Rattle? I've had this same rear quarter panel/C-pillar Rattle over 3 different S550's. It's taken me that long to figure it out.

1. Buy some self adhering foam pads or tape from O'Reillys.
2. Minimize sound transmission by padding contact points behind the rear passenger side interior trim panel.
3. Pad the source of the issue- the WINDOW trim directly above it.

This is the piece that causes all the problems! Often times you hear the Rattle in the c-pillar, and people have been able to solve it by padding behind the airbag canister, but it's only stopping its transmission and it isn't always effective. (Of course the C-pillar can have rattles of its own) the top side of the trim has plastic supports which sit directly on the metal frame and they buzz, Rattle, and slap the metal under most operating conditions. Put foam padding anywhere you find plastic on metal contact. My mach1 feels like a luxury car now.

Screenshot_20230424_142139_Gallery.jpg

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
A couple more pictures. You can see how there is nothing but hard plastic and metal clips contacting the frame of the car. It can be tricky to remove this piece so if you have any issue let me know and I'll help you out.

Screenshot_20230424_142151_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230424_142112_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored