P050E

jsprek01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Performance Pack
Anyone get this code after a intake swap and Palm Beach Dyno tune?
P050E- Cold Start Engine Exhaust Temperature Too Low...
I live in Texas and its about 72 degrees outside. Running 93 not E85.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Nope. I'm in Texas as well and have been driving with an 18 manifold for months now. I would contact your tuner. Sounds like some values need to be adjusted. Are you using lockouts or no?

OP
OP
jsprek01

jsprek01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Performance Pack
Nope. I'm in Texas as well and have been driving with an 18 manifold for months now. I would contact your tuner. Sounds like some values need to be adjusted. Are you using lockouts or no?
Locked out all the way... with GT350 TB... I am thinking that is my problem... I have been checking for vacuum leaks and not finding any. One odd thing I have noticed is it seems that the loud cold start has gone away.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Locked out all the way... with GT350 TB... I am thinking that is my problem... I have been checking for vacuum leaks and not finding any. One odd thing I have noticed is it seems that the loud cold start has gone away.
You may want to go back to the stock TB and I bet your issues will go away. Cold start is usually tuned out by a lot of the tuners so it's not super annoying like stock is.

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6AT (Shadow Black)
Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue with 87mm TB and IMRC delete manifold, assuming TB is the problem.

Sponsored

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You running a diesel engine in your Mustang ?
That's what I read too... This code is for diesel trucks, but I got the same code (P050E) driving home last night. I installed and tuned a GT350 intake & throttle body (87mm) 2 weeks ago. Going to call the speed shop today.

Aldo0280

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I know this thread is old but did anyone ever figure out what was causing this code? I am getting same code & i am also thinking it might be the throttle body? My car has inconsistent rev hang issues where it will almost act like i have the cruise control on when i let off the gas to coast in 3rd or 4th gear (manual) also sometimes especially after i change my tunes it will hold the idle up around 1200-1500 rpm when coming to a stop for 10-15 seconds? Tuner has sent me multiple tune revision's & they all seem to do the same although its pretty random sometimes it will coast/decelerate like normal sometimes it seems like i have the cc on & it will keep driving the same speed for 20-30 seconds before decelerating? I have gt350 im, gt350 tb, pmas cai

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I eventually removed my 87mm (gt350) throttle body and put the stock TB back on. After re-tuning the car, I believe it was fixed. I drove the car for 2 months with no issues till I sold it in Oct, 2022. Picture is from initial install of the GT350 intake, TB, Steeda CAI.

IMG_20220725_183554.jpg
Sponsored