Sponsored

Ordered New Mustang 😀

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Decided to place a order for one of the last manual S550 GT to built

Ordered on 13th December in Eruption Green, Manual GT with custom pack 2, Magneride and Recaros on the 15th Ford cancelled order as Eruption Green as it’s a late availability colour and would build to late for noise regulation coming into effect in the U.K. this year which effect the manual GT, so ended up choosing Atlas Blue

10th Jan had a estimated build date of 18th Feb

28th Jan have been assigned a Vin and a build date of 4th April, build date probably slipped with the 2 weeks plant closer and the 3 weeks planned for end of Feb beginning of March
Just makes me laugh that I could not have Eruption Green because of late availability and car is now being built after the introduction of Eruption Green

It’s the second time Ford has cancelled my order the 1st time was back when I ordered a MY18 in Triple Yellow, think it got cancelled because of a shortage of Magneride, had to reorder a MY19 in Need For Green, as Triple Yellow was discontinued, Ford did me a favour that time as Need For Green definitely the better colour, time will tell if they have done me a favour this time or not this tine
congrats on your new order!!!
Just a quick question: what does it mean ‘noise regulation coming into effect in the U.K. this year’?
what kind of regulations? Those these affect other EU countries??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just a quick question: what does it mean ‘noise regulation coming into effect in the U.K. this year’?
Thanks, looking forward to receiving it 😀
They are reducing the noice of new cars on the 1st July 2022, yes it’s a EU rule, god know why we still follow EU rules but they started this in 2016 then 2022 and again in 2026, the aim is to get cars a lot quieter than they used to

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
They are reducing the noice of new cars on the 1st July 2022, yes it’s a EU rule, god know why we still follow EU rules but they started this in 2016 then 2022 and again in 2026, the aim is to get cars a lot quieter than they used to
the question is: how? Does this mean a new muffler/quiet exhaust for 2022??

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
the question is: how? Does this mean a new muffler/quiet exhaust for 2022??
Most likely, They have withdrawn the manual gt, the automatic is fine along with Mach 1 in both auto and manual as it has a different exhaust, think it’s a GT500 exhaust
Don’t know if they will bother changing the exhaust on manual gt so it can pass as the s650 is due out next year

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The UK continued with EU type approval initially, adopted all existing rules and carried on. From January 2021 this became the UK type approval system.

Provisional GB Scheme - Vehicle Certification Agency (vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk)

The type approval process and laws are immensely complicated and just picking and choosing bits you want would never work, hence the alignment with the EU. Additionally there needs to be consistency between UK and NI to allow vehicles to be sold between the two, when under different jurisdictions.

So we 'follow EU rules' because not doing so would be catastrophic for the car industry. Oh and incidentally 'we' not 'they' started it, as we were part of the EU at the time!

In the case of the Mustang it simply isn't worth designing a whole new exhaust system for a run out model sold in minute quantities. I suspect the S650 will be sold as a manual (if it is sold in the UK at all) because it will be designed at the start to comply. Lotus are selling a manual Emira and if the Evora is anything to go by, it will still be pretty loud so it obviously can be made complaint.

As mentioned before manuals and autos are tested differently

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They way they do noise tests disadvantages manual cars because they end up being redlined versus an auto that will just upshift and, therefore, be quieter. Porsche GT3's had similar issues in California with their manuals. The issues is the test design. It's kind of stupid that the same car with an auto is okay, but a manual is not...but that's the test design.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well after getting my 6th build date, which is now the end of April 😢 I have decided to order a Mach 1 and will run the pair of orders to see which one arrives 1st 😀

smokey22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible (on order)
Well after getting my 6th build date, which is now the end of April 😢 I have decided to order a Mach 1 and will run the pair of orders to see which one arrives 1st 😀
I was told on Tuesday that mine (Convertible with Magneride) was showing as in production, with an ETA of 28th May.
Bearing in mind that the factory is shutdown this week I'm a bit dubious but I suppose it is possible that it is sitting part built somewhere down the line. I'll chase for another update next week.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I would be as well, as my previous build showed a 8th April build with 21st May delivery, also think there could be a shutdown for Easter

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys think my Mach 1 will get built on this date?

ford order.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Do you guys think my Mach 1 will get built on this date?

ford order.JPG
I think they are still shut down this week, so you could be out of luck, will let you know if I hear they are back to work

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are still shut down this week, so you could be out of luck, will let you know if I hear they are back to work
That's really upsetting. Family is really looking forward to the new car. How much delay do you estimate...week, month, etc?

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
If they are shut I think they might be shut next week as well, as I heard they were most likely shut for most of April, you could be looking at next month now 😢 on a side note I was chatting to my dealer and he said there was a letter from Ford saying that Mach 1’s would be built in June even though all his Mach 1’s had May build dates, time will tell if it’s right or not

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I think I am in 💜💜💜