Sponsored

Ordered New Mustang 😀

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Decided to place a order for one of the last manual S550 GT to built

Ordered on 13th December in Eruption Green, Manual GT with custom pack 2, Magneride and Recaros on the 15th Ford cancelled order as Eruption Green as it’s a late availability colour and would build to late for noise regulation coming into effect in the U.K. this year which effect the manual GT, so ended up choosing Atlas Blue

10th Jan had a estimated build date of 18th Feb

28th Jan have been assigned a Vin and a build date of 4th April, build date probably slipped with the 2 weeks plant closer and the 3 weeks planned for end of Feb beginning of March
Just makes me laugh that I could not have Eruption Green because of late availability and car is now being built after the introduction of Eruption Green

It’s the second time Ford has cancelled my order the 1st time was back when I ordered a MY18 in Triple Yellow, think it got cancelled because of a shortage of Magneride, had to reorder a MY19 in Need For Green, as Triple Yellow was discontinued, Ford did me a favour that time as Need For Green definitely the better colour, time will tell if they have done me a favour this time or not this tine
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Working your way through the colours, I like it! Many congrats...for what it's worth, I really like Atlas Blue - look forward to seeing the photos, keep us posted!

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
I've not had a VIN yet from the dealer but last time I spoke to them they said the system said mine was being built although they were doubtful that was true. Lucid red (switched from Intense Purple). This waiting game is painful!

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Working your way through the colours, I like it! Many congrats...for what it's worth, I really like Atlas Blue - look forward to seeing the photos, keep us posted!
Thanks mate, trying my best with the colours 😂 fingers crossed she is not delayed anymore as she needs to be registered before the 1st July, will keep the thread updated 👍

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I've not had a VIN yet from the dealer but last time I spoke to them they said the system said mine was being built although they were doubtful that was true. Lucid red (switched from Intense Purple). This waiting game is painful!
You need to keep on to the dealer, I emailed him weekly 😀 you need them to send you a screenshot of your order on there system that will give you all the details of what’s happening, as soon as you have a Vin then it can be tracked elsewhere 😀👍

Sponsored

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
You need to keep on to the dealer, I emailed him weekly 😀 you need them to send you a screenshot of your order on there system that will give you all the details of what’s happening, as soon as you have a Vin then it can be tracked elsewhere 😀👍
Ok thanks I'll send him a mail and try and get the vin

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of interest I got my vin much earlier than that :
  • Ordered = 30th December.
  • Vin issued = 17th January.
  • First estimated build date = 9th March.
  • Actual build date = 8th July (delayed by the first Covid factory closure).
  • I had an order priority of 05.
I'm not sure if that's normal or not, I only have a single experience of this process.

WD :like:

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just out of interest I got my vin much earlier than that :
  • Ordered = 30th December.
  • Vin issued = 17th January.
  • First estimated build date = 9th March.
  • Actual build date = 8th July (delayed by the first Covid factory closure).
  • I had an order priority of 05.
I'm not sure if that's normal or not, I only have a single experience of this process.

WD :like:
Usually Vin is around 4-6 weeks before build, but can very a bit

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
Finally figured out the vin as the one the dealer gave me is only 11 digits.
No window sticker yet but dealer said expected delivery is now May 😃

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Finally figured out the vin as the one the dealer gave me is only 11 digits.
No window sticker yet but dealer said expected delivery is now May 😃
Sound like they are building around the same time as mine, as I have a May delivery with luck, if you want to, you can send me the Vin as I have a friend who can tell you exactly when it will be built

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
Thanks that would be great. Vin is 1FA6P8NFXN5112791

smokey22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible (on order)
Sound like they are building around the same time as mine, as I have a May delivery with luck, if you want to, you can send me the Vin as I have a friend who can tell you exactly when it will be built
I've had a manual convertible on order since Sept last year. My dealer has been saying since mid Jan that it is going to be built next week and so I couldn't have the purple I wanted. I still can't access a window sticker though so I'm assuming the build has also been pushed back.
If builds are in April then I don't see why we can't have the colours we want. ie green or purple. I wondered if you had already spoken to you dealer about this or were set on Atlas Blue now?
Mike.

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
My dealer said that he is concerned if anything gets changed now they may just cancel the order. I guess the issue is if they are scheduled to start in April but there is already a backlog that may get pushed further?

smokey22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible (on order)
Yeah, my concern is that if there is any risk of a manual not being landed in the UK by the end of June then they will just cancel the order. (I've even asked if it would be possible to register it before it physically arrives even if it means wasting a few weeks of road tax- but never got a firm answer.)
Sponsored