Sponsored

Options worth getting?

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Coming from daily driving a lot of Mercedes and my wife still does, I had an idea of what I wanted since Benz has had all of these features for a long time, adaptive cruise for like 10 years, etc.

I went with 400A, nav, parking sensors. 401, ACC, premium interior (in a ford, lol), etc were of no interest to me. i never get stuff like performance packages because I always replace what they come with anyways.
Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Premier Trim is the best kept secret of the S550 currently IMO. It's only $350 and you got a lot better interior from just that option. Soft touch door panel, leather wrapped center console, better layered and trimmed seats etc.

Enhanced Security is especially worth it if you plan on parking it outside, or visit some sketchy areas often. It's not very expensive and adds quite a lot of security. Just the Active-Alarm is worth it IMO. But if you plan on parking in a garage, parking in high lit areas it could be skipped over.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So it looks like I will be ordering my GT. Leaning towards GT premium with performance pack black rims/ Ruby Red /black roof/ red line interior.
I personally wouldn't double up on the red, it's just too much, and the differing shades create a weird color dissonance. Redline goes terrific with neutral colors (black, white, silver, gray), for other colors, I'd suggest the Premier Ebony.

If you go Premium, definitely consider the 401a package, you're already getting up close to the 40s, and the extra price of the 401a gives you several nice options in addition to the greatly improved audio.

Adaptive cruise control is more effective than the descriptions. They say it doesn't apply the brakes. But it sure does slow the car down effectively when someone cuts in front of you??? And if you hit the turn signal to move into a clear lane it accelerates nicely. The only drawback is the odd switch setup. (On/Off/Set on one switch)

Reverse Assist, nice when you forget to check both ways when backing out of a parking spot and its sensitive enough to indicate a car coming from over 50' away if it has a clear view. Additionally the indicators on the screen while in reverse make it easy to center the car in a parking spot and also to stop before the tires hit the curb. "Excellent"
Adaptive cruise: I don't know if I would've ordered it, but I got a completely loaded car with it, and it's pretty awesome. If you had significant highway driving/cruising, it approaches a "must have"

Reverse Assist I +love+ and I even use it for pulling in to our garage :D

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
My GT has almost all of the options that the OP listed. I did not get adaptive cruise control and advance security. I did order the Recaro seats, I am the only driver of my GT, so seat memory was not important I do wish I had heated and cooled especially heated seats like I had my fiesta ST with Recaro's. All of the other option are great if you can afford them. I also upgraded to a GT 350 steering wheel and added red stitching To it.
Ron

OP
OP

Litefoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda,Mazda,GMC
Thanks for all the input. Think I will pass on the red line ruby combo and go with the premier in ebony. Will get the reverse assist. Reconsidering the 401a combo and navigation.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks for all the input. Think I will pass on the red line ruby combo and go with the premier in ebony. Will get the reverse assist. Reconsidering the 401a combo and navigation.
Definitely get the 401a unless you want to gyrate with aftermarket audio and I'm super glad I got the BLIS.

Ruby Red, PP (black wheels) with a black roof will be _badass_. :headbang:

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
You can skip the 401a. I skipped it because I wanted the mirrors with the mini mirrors, I don't trust the blis electric system with motorcyclists.

Otherwise definitely get the premier trim, even if its just in black. Whole interior really benefits from it greatly.

groundhog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
roderick
Vehicle(s)
'16 mustang gt premium pp
mine is optioned with
401a
pp
reverse sensors
security
nav

I'm glad I have each of those options as I could do without adaptive cruise. I didn't want recaros because I love the heated/cooled seats and the redline interior wasn't important to me.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
If I was to do it again, base pp with recaro, then add leather with heated seats. Nav is neat, as are rain sensing wipers, the radar cruise is fun but even at the largest gap setting, it's still following too close. 401a radio sounds pretty good, but my Corsa sounds better. I do like the blind spot mirrors and back up camera, not a deal breaker though.

Well, don't really need a lot of things, but it's nice to have.

Sponsored

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
If I was to do it again, base pp with recaro, then add leather with heated seats. Nav is neat, as are rain sensing wipers, the radar cruise is fun but even at the largest gap setting, it's still following too close. 401a radio sounds pretty good, but my Corsa sounds better. I do like the blind spot mirrors and back up camera, not a deal breaker though.

Well, don't really need a lot of things, but it's nice to have.
Wait...What? That's a thing? Too bad they don't have cooled seats as well.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's great there is so much choice on options, but what you choose is really personal preference so people can become rather divided on what's worth it and what's not.

I tested a few different cars with an assortment of options before I ordered mine.

I think Adaptive Cruise is silly if you have a manual; just personal preference.

If you have 401A, I don't think the parking sensors are really worth it due to the cross traffic alert. Sensors, cross-traffic, and the camera is overkill considering we used to just look where we were going ourselves, most of us as recently as our current/last car. If you are the type to put $$ into a custom stereo, pass on 401A entirely and just get parking sensors. People can be divided on BLIS, but cross-traffic really seems to work from what I saw.

I don't think enhanced security is worth it over the standard security system. You can get wheel locks cheap afterwards, just have the dealer slap them on at a tire change or rotation.

IMO you seem to think 401A is probably not worth it since you're the type to replace your own sound system, so I would just get parking sensors.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Wait...What? That's a thing? Too bad they don't have cooled seats as well.
My wife's car had cooled seats, and so does my truck, don't miss cooled seats one bit, and I live in west Texas!! But I miss the heat, love heat in the early mornings.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
My wife's car had cooled seats, and so does my truck, don't miss cooled seats one bit, and I live in west Texas!! But I miss the heat, love heat in the early mornings.
I mean with the Recaros. The GT Premium seats are the only heated/cooled seats I know of.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
PP - would have LOVED this if it were available with the auto trans, but I'm happy with the suspension mods I made & the std GT brakes seem really strong.

I've had the adaptive cruise on other cars (but not the GT), it's great if you do a lot of hwy driving in relatively uncontested areas, but useless in heavy traffic.

Premier Interior is well worth the $$ IMO, leather is much nicer & the soft touch door panels are a nice touch as well.

401A - would have liked the upgraded sound system & memory seats/mirrors but I found the BLISS annoying & ended up turning it off on other cars I've owned. If you listen to the SS a lot & like the BLISS, it's worth it - I passed.

Enhanced security - depends on where you live/work/park if it's something you need. The wheel locks are HUGE & hideous, lots of better aftermarket choices if that's what you're after.

Nav - worth the $800 IMO, no fiddling around with the phone etc. + lots of ppl won't even look @ a car without it these days & eventually you'll want to sell.

Spare tire - wish I'd ordered this in retrospect.

Reverse Park - seems pointless to me since the reverse camera is one of the best I've ever seen. I'd pass unless you are a horrible driver ;)

If you think you might want one of the many aftermarket spoilers, make sure to order "spoiler delete", some use/cover the OE spoiler holes many do not !
Sponsored