Opg install, Whats all required?

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I've also got most of the Ford docs saved on my computer in case these other guys can't be reach/are busy. I did the install by myself and, honestly the timing part is one of the easier parts of the install. Just follow the Ford service manual word for word and take your time and you'll be good. The frustrating part for me was just getting everything off and out of the way in order to get to the timing piece of the install.
Sponsored

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Just finished up the install 15 minutes ago, took my sweet time cars down for winter anyhow.

But said a little timing gods prayer before crank annnnd she fired right up, no leaks no codes upon initial idle and full 80ish psi of oil pressure.

Could do it much faster the second time around if anyone needs any help around SE PA I could meet up for a few pointers or help if needed

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Just finished up the install 15 minutes ago, took my sweet time cars down for winter anyhow.

But said a little timing gods prayer before crank annnnd she fired right up, no leaks no codes upon initial idle and full 80ish psi of oil pressure.

Could do it much faster the second time around if anyone needs any help around SE PA I could meet up for a few pointers or help if needed
It's nice to here another successful OPG instal to show they really are easy. I've done it twice now myself and look to help who ever I can in any way to do there's. One of the reasons I didn't do it and in the end paid the ultimate price of a totaled motor was because there hadn't been many here who had done it on there own, and they were not very active at helping. Anyway after I lost my motor and swapped the gears in my new motor I swore I would speed the word of how easy it was and help others. I'm glad to see you to are paying forward:thumbsup:

CeleronXXX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I noticed removing the stock damper to begin my install this morning that there with silicone on the keyway behind the crank bolt washer. What have you guys been using to replace that? I've never read anybody mention it so I was wondering if it just get scraped away and not replaced it all seems like it would be there to prevent oil from seeping out of the keyway

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I noticed removing the stock damper to begin my install this morning that there with silicone on the keyway behind the crank bolt washer. What have you guys been using to replace that? I've never read anybody mention it so I was wondering if it just get scraped away and not replaced it all seems like it would be there to prevent oil from seeping out of the keyway
Instructions are to clean out the old and put new silicone in the groove when reinstalling. Many are using permatex ultra black or the stuff ford recommends. The same stuff you will using on the valve and engine cover.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
That's silicone to stop oil weep. Use some just on the keyway and light coat of oil on the rest when you install the new balancer. I used ultra black on 3 intals with no issue.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I used the Ford stuff but honestly it seems to be the same as Ultra Black anyways which I've used too many times to recall. In retrospect I'd just head down to your local auto parts store and grab Ultra Black.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Same here, went with Permatex Ultra Black. Scraped off the old sealant and then put a line of new sealant on the top of the keyway right before I put on the crank damper. Haven't had any issues since.

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread! Made tackling this install over the weekend very painless.. Pretty much ALL the details are here. 15 hours start to finish for OPG/CS and FP Supercharger kit. Car is running flawlessly and I couldn't be happier.

32336062295_7240ce3b24_b.jpg
image by T_Forde, on Flickr

31525318113_1283d4d168_b.jpg
01-15-17 by T_Forde, on Flickr

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread! Made tackling this install over the weekend very painless.. Pretty much ALL the details are here. 15 hours start to finish for OPG/CS and FP Supercharger kit. Car is running flawlessly and I couldn't be happier.

32336062295_7240ce3b24_b.jpg
image by T_Forde, on Flickr

31525318113_1283d4d168_b.jpg
01-15-17 by T_Forde, on Flickr
Congrats man:clap2: and you have done yourself a great service by installing the OPG and blower kit yourself. Now you can rest assured you won't end up like me holding your Dick on the side of the Hwy, mumbling under your breath I can't believe this F'in happen to me:frusty::headbonk:

Sponsored

CeleronXXX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
BTW whoever made the comment about holding the pickup tube bolt with an electrical tape leash to get it threaded back in is a godsend. I thank you very much.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
BTW whoever made the comment about holding the pickup tube bolt with an electrical tape leash to get it threaded back in is a godsend. I thank you very much.
definately, enables you to screw it in with fingers and no wrenches :headbang:

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I'm in the process of doing this project and I'm having trouble removing the balancer. I purchased the puller that MMR sells since they sell it specifically for this task but it seems like the bolt is too short. Has anyone used the mmr puller before? I tried posting a pic of it but the upload failed.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'm in the process of doing this project and I'm having trouble removing the balancer. I purchased the puller that MMR sells since they sell it specifically for this task but it seems like the bolt is too short. Has anyone used the mmr puller before? I tried posting a pic of it but the upload failed.
Text a pic to me. I sent you a PM.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Now that I removed the balancer I noticed the front main seal is a little torn but isn't leaking. I figure I might as well replace it while I have it apart. Does anyone know the procedure for installing a new one? Do you install the new one with a thin layer of rtv on the outside?
Sponsored