Open the Shaker Pro sub box?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Can anyone tell me how to open the Shaker Pro sub box? I've taken all the screws I can find out and can't get it open. I'd like to put some poly-fil in there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It's difficult to believe that with all the people that really know stereo stuff and how helpful people are, nobody knows how to get into the Shaker Pro sub box? Maybe the right person/people haven't seen the thread?

Zobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C.O. Mustang GT
Are you trying to remove it while bolted to the trunk? Just wondering if there are additional screws in the back. I had mine unbolted to the trunk just to get to the tail light.

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Are you trying to remove it while bolted to the trunk? Just wondering if there are additional screws in the back. I had mine unbolted to the trunk just to get to the tail light.
At first I was. Then I just kept removing more and more screws until eventually I just had the box loose there with no grill over the subwoofer. It looks like the whole front of the box could be removed but I couldn't get it to budge. I also thought I could just pull the subwoofer forward but it won't budge either. I eve tried prying the subwoofer loose with a screwdriver but was worried if I pushed too hard I'd damage it. Very frustrating.

Zobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C.O. Mustang GT
Can you send a picture of what you've done so far? It sounds like you've removed all of the screws around the sub. What about the bolt and screws around the front cover? The lower section of the cover, and the 1 bolt near the light is how you unmount it. Maybe the cover is concealing more screws or just blocking the removal.

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
It's difficult to believe that with all the people that really know stereo stuff and how helpful people are, nobody knows how to get into the Shaker Pro sub box? Maybe the right person/people haven't seen the thread?
Are you trying to remove the whole box or just the subwoofer?

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I'm just trying to get poly-fil in there.
Wondering if they have some sort of sticky gasket causing your problems? I know a few folks have put poly-fill in, so hopefully they'll chime in!

Aznjason02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Gt PP
There is a bolt on the back of the sub box that bolts to the speaker magnet. Take that loose with the front screws, speaker should come out.

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
What is the reason for adding poly-fil? Just curious.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
There is a bolt on the back of the sub box that bolts to the speaker magnet. Take that loose with the front screws, speaker should come out.
Thank you SO much for that. I had the box out but somehow missed that screw on the back of the box!

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
What is the reason for adding poly-fil? Just curious.
I can't explain it, I've just been told by people that know way more than me that it would help the bass response. Not a lot but it would improve slightly.

DigitalPackrat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Mustang
Filling a speaker cabinet slows the air movement making it behave like a larger cabinet.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
It can also help prevent standing waves (particularly in a square-ish box) which can change the sound of the enclosure in a negative way...