Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I just need to know how that you drive your gt350 like you're 16.
When I was 17 I had a new 1966 GTO convertible. (Not the tri power) I broke everything in that car in 6 months. Blew the clutch, a hole in side of transmission, over rev’d it burnt valves, 3 sets of rear tires down to the core. Had no fear drove like an idiot. I have to admit Today I don’t beat on my cars. What I like doing now, especially in the Shelby is increasing my speed in exit ramps, rotaries etc. No more power shifting (foot to the floor without letting off when shifting) no more figure 8’s smoking the tires, no more 6 grand rev’s and popping the clutch. Way to expense. Don’t need to drag race to prove my car is faster, that has the same prestige as saying I can fart louder than someone else! Ya old age changes a few things. My cars are what keep me going. I enjoy them in a different way now that I’m older than dirt!
Sponsored

Blue 350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2019 Subaru Forester, 1971 Chevelle
57 here and enjoying early retirement with my wife and GT 350.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
When I was 17 I had a new 1966 GTO convertible. (Not the tri power) I broke everything in that car in 6 months. Blew the clutch, a hole in side of transmission, over rev’d it burnt valves, 3 sets of rear tires down to the core. Had no fear drove like an idiot. I have to admit Today I don’t beat on my cars. What I like doing now, especially in the Shelby is increasing my speed in exit ramps, rotaries etc. No more power shifting (foot to the floor without letting off when shifting) no more figure 8’s smoking the tires, no more 6 grand rev’s and popping the clutch. Way to expense. Don’t need to drag race to prove my car is faster, that has the same prestige as saying I can fart louder than someone else! Ya old age changes a few things. My cars are what keep me going. I enjoy them in a different way now that I’m older than dirt!
8k revs a day keep the mechanics away!
Sponsored

Reactions: Les