ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I just put mine on at about 280ks, will see how it goes :)
The JLT looks like they splice the filter into one of the existing Ford hoses, so its exactly the same fittings as the standard part, which is nice.
Sponsored

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
:eek: OK so I've solved my problem....
Silly me had the hoses on the wrong side, the one that has the joins along it needs to go on the head side, NOT the manifold side where I had it :frusty:
It's been on about 500-1000km and damn its got a fair bit of oil in it already, about a soup spoonfull:doh:

On the plus side, I think that means the oil hasnt been getting into the manifold but caught in the head:confused:.

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
BroncosXR8,
Glad to see that you have fixed it. Unfortunately, I think it probably means one of the following two scenarios:
1. the engine has not been able to breathe and you may have over - pressurised your crankcase. Or
2. the engine has breathed through the l/h rocker box (passenger side) and the oil made its way to the l/h manifold
I have not received my Mustang yet, so I can't comment from experience with this engine.
I hope it all goes ok for you from here on!

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye on it.
There's been zero leaks anywhere so at least it hasn't over-pressurised and dumped its guts all over the floor.

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
:eek: OK so I've solved my problem....
Silly me had the hoses on the wrong side, the one that has the joins along it needs to go on the head side, NOT the manifold side where I had it :frusty:
It's been on about 500-1000km and damn its got a fair bit of oil in it already, about a soup spoonfull:doh:

On the plus side, I think that means the oil hasnt been getting into the manifold but caught in the head:confused:.
Did exactly the same thing for about 2000KM. Sheeet! Im hoping ive done no long term damage, I dont see any signs of oil anywhere. I may be lucky as I think the two hoses on the engine side weren't clipped in correctly so I think its just been venting to atmosphere. :crazy:

Sponsored

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Received my Ford Performance Oil Separator today and not sure if this has been mentioned.

For those of you who liked the product but didn't like the way you needed to empty it apparently you don't need to undo the screws at all you are meant to take the unit out and pour the excess oil out through the lower fitting.
IMAG0517.jpg

kiwipony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual Grabber Blue
Received my Ford Performance Oil Separator today and not sure if this has been mentioned.

For those of you who liked the product but didn't like the way you needed to empty it apparently you don't need to undo the screws at all you are meant to take the unit out and pour the excess oil out through the lower fitting.
Thanks mate a good prompt to order mine, brought same one from Levittown. All I need now is the Mustang to fit, the wait is near

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate a good prompt to order mine, brought same one from Levittown. All I need now is the Mustang to fit, the wait is near
Same :D

Got mine from Americanmuscle.com ordered it using the cheapest shipping option ($20) which states 10-16 day delivery. Ordered on the 1st of Sept received 7th of Sept.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kiwipony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual Grabber Blue
Thanks for that. I had checked CJ Pony Parts before buying. I think I paid about $65 US for shipping, however the unit was a lot cheaper at $144 verse the $215 plus postage at Amercianmuscle so if my math is correct I think I'm still ahead. To buy here installed is 495 $NZ. Looks easy enough to install.

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that. I had checked CJ Pony Parts before buying. I think I paid about $65 US for shipping, however the unit was a lot cheaper at $144 verse the $215 plus postage at Amercianmuscle so if my math is correct I think I'm still ahead. To buy here installed is 495 $NZ. Looks easy enough to install.
Was cheaper for me to go through Americanmuscle than CJP.

Credit to Tantash for the original info on this one :)

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
I am _very_ far from an expert, and I hope someone will chime in and correct or disparage me, but the thing that worries me with the streetfighter is that there can be _water_ in the catch cans - condensation.

So, with one that can be emptied, you take the water out, where the SF would feed it back in.

It's such a small amount of water that it probably doesn't matter, but water in the engine just sounds scary to me :)
Our new Streetfighter MK2 design ensures that only oil is separated from air and returned immediately to engine. Moisture is still boiled (condensation) off through the PCV system as intended.
Our return design acts immediately giving no time for any condensation to accumulate.

Clean , neat, efficient.

Suits all 5.0 Coyote engines both N/A and Supercharged. Falcon and Mustang

Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20Drain%20back%20insert_zpsrv1lzule.jpg

Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20Filters%20MKII_zps7ihpp9pl.jpg

Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20MKII_zps8he5i6wd.jpg

Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20Mustang%20MKII_zpsqwz4zxoc.jpg

1%20Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20MKII_zpsemrcx6ka.jpg

Reactions: ssb

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Just received mine and it looks like this too. It should be just a matter of connecting those two ends as is while facing the engine bay right?
Mine is different to both of those. I wonder if they are incrementally changing the design?

IMG_4993.jpg

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Mine is different to both of those. I wonder if they are incrementally changing the design?

IMG_4993.jpg
Cairan...you are spot on....they are regularly updating the design. Not to say there is anything inherently wrong with the earlier designs just slight improvements.
Sponsored