Sponsored

Oil-Change shop says Napa Gold 7502 Filter did not fit.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had experience in changing their oil filter with the Napa Gold 7502 filter? Does it go on hard/tight? I ask because I took my '18 GT to a local Grease Monkey for an oil change today. I provided the oil and filter (oil change (labor) cost $44). I brought a Napa Gold 7502 filter, I've read that its a very good filter and commonly used on these coyote motors. However, the oil guy told me after trying, that it didn't fit my car, saying that it only screwed on a few turns before getting so tight that he was worried about trying to tighten it any more for fear of stripping it. He asked if I wanted him to try again, but a doubt was placed in my mind, so I said no, and they put one of their off the shelf filters on. Graciously, they did not charge me for it, so there was no profit motive. Now home, I can see no defects in the 7502 filter and I bought it from Napa, so I'm confident that it's not a bogus filter. Just wondering if he should have tried harder to twist it on. Thanks
Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Has anyone had experience in changing their oil filter with the Napa Gold 7502 filter? Does it go on hard/tight? I ask because I took my '18 GT to a local Grease Monkey for an oil change today. I provided the oil and filter (oil change (labor) cost $44). I brought a Napa Gold 7502 filter, I've read that its a very good filter and commonly used on these coyote motors. However, the oil guy told me after trying, that it didn't fit my car, saying that it only screwed on a few turns before getting so tight that he was worried about trying to tighten it any more for fear of stripping it. He asked if I wanted him to try again, but a doubt was placed in my mind, so I said no, and they put one of their off the shelf filters on. Graciously, they did not charge me for it, so there was no profit motive. Now home, I can see no defects in the 7502 filter and I bought it from Napa, so I'm confident that it's not a bogus filter. Just wondering if he should have tried harder to twist it on. Thanks
It should spin on easily until you feel it hit the rubber gasket/seal. Do not try harder to spin it on. Most likely bad threads on the filter, it happens.

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Roush Supercharger Premium 401A
SeaIce, my car currently has a NAPA PFL-7502 filter. I installed it and it was easy to thread on. I agree that it probably has damaged threads.

Take it back to a local NAPA for an exchange.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Agreed. That's a keeper of a shop for sure.
I would hope any one that works on a car would know that. BUT I bet one of those jiffy lube kids would put an oil filter socket and impact that bad boy in.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I would hope any one that works on a car would know that. BUT I bet one of those jiffy lube kids would put an oil filter socket and impact that bad boy in.
Agreed, Jiffy Lube too big a business, too much turnover. I used to do my own changes, but nowadays, I just bring my own stuff, just because the selection at these places is not very good. This Grease Monkey shop I went to before, have a rapport with the guys (I'm the guy that stands by and talks shop).