Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
$155 for a oil catch can? Don't go cheap. You bought a $35,000 car. :D

BTW:
MISHIMOTO.COM please watch your website

Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on www.mishimoto.com. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from mishihd.com, a known malware distributor.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this unsafe site before the dangerous programs have been removed.
I am not concerned about price at all, but want to get the correct/best one available.... Suggestions? Would like to order in next couple days so can install when I pick it up. Have no clue about these. First time dealing with a catch can.
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I am not concerned about price at all, but want to get the correct/best one available.... Suggestions? Would like to order in next couple days so can install when I pick it up. Have no clue about these. First time dealing with a catch can.

There aren't any vehicle specific ones out yet. Meaning, you can buy the can but it will be on you to get the correct hoses and mount it.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I did buy the D1 on Ebay. $35 including shipping. :D

OP
OP
ahduckit

ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
Is it true to install the catch can you have to take off the intake manifold?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP

You'll need two catch cans if you want to handle both places oil could get into the intake/turbo. I don't think either one will require you to remove the intake manifold to reach.

Mishimoto should be able to chime in and let us know for sure.

Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Catch can will be one of the first things I install on my car. in fact Its on the list of stuff to buy before I even get the car.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Catch can will be one of the first things I install on my car. in fact Its on the list of stuff to buy before I even get the car.

Same here, hoping JLT will come out with something plug and play before I take delivery, their stuff works well and the price is fair.

OP
OP
ahduckit

ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
Im with you guys. I'm just waiting patiently

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
Could always just go methanol injection pre and post turbo and not worry about it ;)

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2-Port

Is this the correct can for the ecoboost?

http://www.mishimoto.com/compact-ba....html?speciallabel=Also fit your Ford Mustang
Yes, we will be utilizing two of these 2-port catch cans for our direct fit kit. Our kit will also include direct fit silicone hoses and direct fit can brackets.

$155 for a oil catch can? Don't go cheap. You bought a $35,000 car. :D

BTW:
MISHIMOTO.COM please watch your website

Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on www.mishimoto.com. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from mishihd.com, a known malware distributor.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this unsafe site before the dangerous programs have been removed.
This catch can is in no way cheaply designed. We use very high quality materials, and it is a highly engineered product. This unit is also internally baffled, which you will not find on less expensive cans. Check out the development/design work our team put into the catch can alone.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=124

Thank you for the heads-up regarding our site! Our IT team resolved the issue. :thumbsup:

There aren't any vehicle specific ones out yet. Meaning, you can buy the can but it will be on you to get the correct hoses and mount it.
Correct, at this time there is no direct fit option available for purchase. You can purchase a couple universal cans, however you will have to sort out the lines and mounting brackets.

Nope! Intake manifold removal is not necessary for installation of a catch can on the 2.3L EcoBoost.

You'll need two catch cans if you want to handle both places oil could get into the intake/turbo. I don't think either one will require you to remove the intake manifold to reach.

Mishimoto should be able to chime in and let us know for sure.
Correct, two cans are required for this specific vehicle. We recommend that one can be used for the PCV line, and the other for the valve cover breather line. This is exactly how our direct fit setup will be designed.

A catch can is an excellent first upgrade for these vehicles! Good preventative maintenance.

Sponsored

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Yes, we will be utilizing two of these 2-port catch cans for our direct fit kit. Our kit will also include direct fit silicone hoses and direct fit can brackets.

This catch can is in no way cheaply designed. We use very high quality materials, and it is a highly engineered product. This unit is also internally baffled, which you will not find on less expensive cans. Check out the development/design work our team put into the catch can alone.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=124

Thank you for the heads-up regarding our site! Our IT team resolved the issue. :thumbsup:

Correct, at this time there is no direct fit option available for purchase. You can purchase a couple universal cans, however you will have to sort out the lines and mounting brackets.

Nope! Intake manifold removal is not necessary for installation of a catch can on the 2.3L EcoBoost.

Correct, two cans are required for this specific vehicle. We recommend that one can be used for the PCV line, and the other for the valve cover breather line. This is exactly how our direct fit setup will be designed.

A catch can is an excellent first upgrade for these vehicles! Good preventative maintenance.
Awesome thanks. When do you expect to have something available? Or do you have something that will work on hand now?

Please PM me the info. Car should be here in the next week so would like to have this ordered for delivery.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Awesome thanks. When do you expect to have something available? Or do you have something that will work on hand now?

Please PM me the info. Car should be here in the next week so would like to have this ordered for delivery.
PM sent! Thanks for the interest. :thumbsup:

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Also interested in the plans for he catch cans cor the Eco beast. Maybe I missed a build thread but definitely would like to know more rough eta's projected price points color options blah blah all the fun stuff.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Has anyone installed ANY catch can(s) on their ecoboost yet?

Would like to get this done ASAP, may be looking to MacGyver for inspiration if no one has come up with anything yet.......

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Also interested in the plans for he catch cans cor the Eco beast. Maybe I missed a build thread but definitely would like to know more rough eta's projected price points color options blah blah all the fun stuff.
We will be starting our build thread soon! Keep an eye on the "Vendor Mustang Projects" section.

We will have more information about pricing when we get a bit closer to project completion. The bracket and catch cans will both be black. The silicone hoses will be available in either black, blue, or red.

Thanks for the interest!
Sponsored