ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
I've been all over the web looking for a catch can for my EB mustang I keep coming up empty handed. Everything I find is for the v6 or the 5.0. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction? Thanks
Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Mishimoto has one in the pipe. They have some pictures here:

[ame]

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I'd imagine this would be pretty important, too, considering the carbon build-up issue of the other ecoboosts. Not saying that will be an issue with the 2.3, but it's definitely more of a possibility than with non-DI engines.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I've been all over the web looking for a catch can for my EB mustang I keep coming up empty handed. Everything I find is for the v6 or the 5.0. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction? Thanks
Mishimoto has one in the pipe. They have some pictures here:
Thanks for linking our video! Yes, we are working on the development/testing of our direct fit catch can kit for the EB Mustang. We will be starting a product development thread here on the forums very soon.

I'd imagine this would be pretty important, too, considering the carbon build-up issue of the other ecoboosts. Not saying that will be an issue with the 2.3, but it's definitely more of a possibility than with non-DI engines.
Exactly! Being that port-injection is not cleaning the valves with fuel, carbon buildup is likely to exist for the direct injected 2.3L.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored

Fredness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Mustang Convertible 2.3L/A4LD
Great video, thx

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
So, is this a design flaw and, if so... Shouldn't ford provide them?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
You can buy "universal" catch cans or just make one work. It's not rocket science.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Check with JLT for catch cans for the EB. Their catch cans are moderate in price and have pre-bent hoses and quick release hose ends (no fooling around with hose clamps).

OP
OP
ahduckit

ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
Thanks guys. I know I can buy a universal kit. But want one that's a direct Bolton I'm lazy.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Great video, thx
Thanks for taking a look!

So, is this a design flaw and, if so... Shouldn't ford provide them?
The valve buildup issue has yet to present itself in the 2015 EB Mustang, only time will show how bad the concern becomes. The average consumer does not have any interest in adding another task to the vehicle service list, it would be rather unusual for a manufacturer to include a catch-can on a vehicle (unless it drained into the oil pan).

We will be removing our cans within the next few weeks to see how much fluid accumulation has built up!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
The valve buildup issue has yet to present itself in the 2015 EB Mustang, only time will show how bad the concern becomes. The average consumer does not have any interest in adding another task to the vehicle service list, it would be rather unusual for a manufacturer to include a catch-can on a vehicle (unless it drained into the oil pan).

We will be removing our cans within the next few weeks to see how much fluid accumulation has built up!
As usual, thanks for the detailed expansion [emoji106]

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
$155 for a oil catch can? Don't go cheap. You bought a $35,000 car. :D

BTW:
MISHIMOTO.COM please watch your website

Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on www.mishimoto.com. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from mishihd.com, a known malware distributor.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this unsafe site before the dangerous programs have been removed.
Sponsored