Oil at a great price!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Mobile One from Walmart still doesn't meet spec.
Seems some people simply don't read. If the oil does not meet the Ford spec, and you get engine damage, that is not even oil related, you may be out the cost of an engine. Anyone priced a new voodoo lately?

People pay 60k+ for a car then want to save a few bucks on the lifeblood of the car. Seems a little risky to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Mobil1 does not meet spec, and even if it did both of those oils are the wrong weight... 5W30 and 15W50, SERIOUSLY?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mobil1 does not meet spec, and even if it did both of those oils are the wrong weight... 5W30 and 15W50, SERIOUSLY?
The big thing is not meeting the spec. The 5W-30 is WAY TOO light weight at temp. Long term, I suspect this may cause problems for the bearings. The 15W-50 is probably OK as long as you don't start the engine below about 20 degrees. If you do, expect more bearing wear. Neither of these meeting the Ford specification is the big problem.

I never bought into the "DEXOS approved oil" BS that GM tries to pull as it's basically a licensing fee companies pay to GM. The voodoo being fairly new and nothing like any other American engine, why risk it? At 7.50 a qt I'm not gambling.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Our KIT has been popular at $104.95. Is k-mansparts a sponsor? ;)
Who cares if your a sponsor if their prices are better.....:crazy:

Their kit (same as yours 10qrts & filter) is cheaper and their shipping is cheaper.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Who cares if your a sponsor if their prices are better.....:crazy:

Their kit (same as yours 10qrts & filter) is cheaper and their shipping is cheaper.
Because this forum is free for members to use so the only thing that keeps it free are ads and sponsors.

That said, oil is oil and I need the absolute best price. If it's as cheap as a non vendor, I buy from the vendor but when more expensive, sorry I can't do it for commodity items like oil. They provide 10 qts of oil in the kit and I got 12 qts plus the filter and shipping and it was still cheaper than the vendor pricing. I also prefer to buy oil by the case since I like keeping 2 qts in my trunk organizer as you never know when you might need it and no Quicky mart will carry this.

Thanks for your support vendors but for readily available commodity items you need to compete on price, period.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Because this forum is free for members to use so the only thing that keeps it free are ads and sponsors.

That said, oil is oil and I need the absolute best price. If it's as cheap as a non vendor, I buy from the vendor but when more expensive, sorry I can't do it for commodity items like oil. They provide 10 qts of oil in the kit and I got 12 qts plus the filter and shipping and it was still cheaper than the vendor pricing. I also prefer to buy oil by the case since I like keeping 2 qts in my trunk organizer as you never know when you might need it and no Quicky mart will carry this.

Thanks for your support vendors but for readily available commodity items you need to compete on price, period.
if I have to decide between a few bucks extra for a forum sponsor who actively participates on the forum and posts helpful information about our engine I will support the sponsor. If we don't why would they bother sponsoring this site any more?

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"That said, oil is oil.........". Gee, I don't think so.

Has anyone ever seen the Amsoil go on sale? I've been paying full blown retail so far through their website. But at least their shipping is lightning fast.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
if I have to decide between a few bucks extra for a forum sponsor who actively participates on the forum and posts helpful information about our engine I will support the sponsor. If we don't why would they bother sponsoring this site any more?
I have never ordered from the vendor who posted his kit. On other forums some vendors pop up and disappear quickly. I was screwed by 2 Corvette Forum vendors because I was trying to support the forum. Many vendors are just middle men and simply have items dropped shipped from the manufacturer. I don't need the middle man and would rather donate 50/100 bucks per year to assist with the site costs. I looked for a Premium membership and if there was one I would join. I paid 100 bucks to become a paid member of Corvette Forum and would do the same here.

Again, I've dealt with only a few vendors here that also provided services to the Corvette community. Most are great! Some would charge your card then you had to chase them around for any information on your order. Then you get the email that it is out of stock but will be available within 30 days. Great, I have paid for something I won't get for a month yet the vendor claims "in stock" on their site. Some vendors are not legit just because they pay a fee to advertise on a site. Look up Corvette Mods sometime. Provided sh*t service and sold crap that did not work 1/2 the time. They were a vendor for years screwing people until finally the site banned them.

One of the vendors here has blown up several C7's by getting too aggressive with the tunes just to post big numbers. Then they walked away from the customer saying they must have done something wrong when the motor blew. NO, when you tell someone they can safely run 800 RWHP on stock internals and it blows up, the vendor has to take responsibility and this one weasels out. Yet here they are like a 5 star vendor to read what people say. Much of it is perspective guys.

Last edited:

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
"That said, oil is oil.........". Gee, I don't think so.

Has anyone ever seen the Amsoil go on sale? I've been paying full blown retail so far through their website. But at least their shipping is lightning fast.
I'm pretty sure his comment of "oil is oil" was referring the one retailers price of the Motorcraft kit to another retailers price with the same kit, not two different oils...

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I have never ordered from the vendor who posted his kit. On other forums some vendors pop up and disappear quickly. I was screwed by 2 Corvette Forum vendors because I was trying to support the forum. Many vendors are just middle men and simply have items dropped shipped from the manufacturer. I don't need the middle man and would rather donate 50/100 bucks per year to assist with the site costs. I looked for a Premium membership and if there was one I would join. I paid 100 bucks to become a paid member of Corvette Forum and would do the same here.

Again, I've dealt with only a few vendors here that also provided services to the Corvette community. Most are great! Some would charge your card then you had to chase them around for any information on your order. Then you get the email that it is out of stock but will be available within 30 days. Great, I have paid for something I won't get for a month yet the vendor claims "in stock" on their site. Some vendors are not legit just because they pay a fee to advertise on a site. Look up Corvette Mods sometime. Provided sh*t service and sold crap that did not work 1/2 the time. They were a vendor for years screwing people until finally the site banned them.

One of the vendors here has blown up several C7's by getting too aggressive with the tunes just to post big numbers. Then they walked away from the customer saying they must have done something wrong when the motor blew. NO, when you tell someone they can safely run 800 RWHP on stock internals and it blows up, the vendor has to take responsibility and this one weasels out. Yet here they are like a 5 star vendor to read what people say. Much of it is perspective guys.
I understand being cautious and that makes sense but you can't paint all the vendors with the same brush because of some particularly negative experiences on another forum with different vendors. Also comparing buying oil which you state is a commodity item to vendors who aggressively over tune cars and blow up engines is a bit of a stretch. At the end of the day everyone is free to do what they want but i don't mind supporting sponsors

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Whats is fords price thru dealers? Amazon sells for $125/ case shipped. Thinking of getting a couple cases. I already got the filters.

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Whats is fords price thru dealers? Amazon sells for $125/ case shipped. Thinking of getting a couple cases. I already got the filters.
My dealer says $10/qt + tax. If you can find a local motorcraft wholesale warehouse that may be the cheapest, but none in my area.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm in exactly the same boat. I've got filters out the wazoo. I'm deciding on continuing the use of motorcraft or switching over to amsoil though. The motorcraft is easy and available, as opposed to the amway amsoil distribution system (unless you want to pay full retail).

The last oil analysis I had at 1200 miles did not reflect any shear or unusual properties that would cause alarm. Albeit, that was normal street use (LOL) and it was changed at 1200 miles.

I think I will wind up tracking the car once the R arrives and I would be curious to hear what others use who track on a frequent basis.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
My dealer says $10/qt + tax. If you can find a local motorcraft wholesale warehouse that may be the cheapest, but none in my area.
Ok, thank you. Thats nearly identical to amazon then. We do have some OReilly stores here, maybe they are cheaper.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
We have been moving a ton of oil to our Shelby Customers so we were able to negotiate a better deal on the filters and cases of oil.

Let us know if these PRICES are fair :cheers:

You can get the discount on 1 or 100 filters but you have to buy the oil in case qty's.

We also were able to lower the price of our OIL CHANGE KITS to $95.99 if that helps ;)
Shelby Oil Change Kit.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: