Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Yep, started after I hooked up the CAN BUS.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
I don't think so, it seems like its trying to open up the Right camera so that it shows you whats on your right, it makes sense WHY it would open the app, I would expect it to do the same with the left as well but it doesn't.

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Pat, when you get your new brain, can you do a video on where each of the wires in the harness plug in? Also, now that mine is on order, I can't seem to function at work. I find myself constantly researching and reading all of the inputs on this thread; am I alone, or is everyone that way? It better hurry up and come, I have to get some work done...

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Pat, when you get your new brain, can you do a video on where each of the wires in the harness plug in? Also, now that mine is on order, I can't seem to function at work. I find myself constantly researching and reading all of the inputs on this thread; am I alone, or is everyone that way? It better hurry up and come, I have to get some work done...
The wires all have preshaped connectors, there's only one place each one can go.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Sweet, I will try it after work.

I am wondering if I shipped with different software than a few others. I still can't get radio and maps working at the same time.

I did get into nova launcher and it was interesting to say the least. There are a ton of apps on the damn system. Even a backdoor into developer tools!

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Dude I am with you, my wife is going to leave me if I keep spending hours working on it every night.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet, I will try it after work.

I am wondering if I shipped with different software than a few others. I still can't get radio and maps working at the same time.

I did get into nova launcher and it was interesting to say the least. There are a ton of apps on the damn system. Even a backdoor into developer tools!
Radio or Bluetooth Audio?

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Both

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Step 1: Apply Updates from the website.
Step 2: Root.
Step 3: Download new APK's for launcher and other apps.
Step 4: Remove existing apps
Step 5: Install updated apps.
Step 6: Bask in the ambiance of awesomeness.

I did a write up on replacing the launcher and other APK's, I'll put it in the first post.
Sorry bear with me a sec, still slightly confused.

So in order to get any of the fixes for the bad english, as well as the new launchers you guys are working on, I have to root?

What does the Firmware Update on stang's site do, that's applied before rooting?

All the files in his "Modified APK" folder can't be used unless rooted?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry bear with me a sec, still slightly confused.

So in order to get any of the fixes for the bad english, as well as the new launchers you guys are working on, I have to root?

What does the Firmware Update on stang's site do, that's applied before rooting?

All the files in his "Modified APK" folder can't be used unless rooted?
Yes, to fix the Engrish, and change the launcher, you have to be rooted.
The firmware updates fix little things, like remove Chinese Characters on boot screen, and change the speed readout from KmH to MPH.

All modified APK's require root, because they are replacing System applications.

Eventually, I believe the plan is to compile all of the fixed APK's and updated launcher into an Update.IMG file that won't require a root to update everything, but because we don't have a known method for booting into recovery mode, we are testing cautiously. If they would just TELL ME how to get into recovery, we'd be able to move along MUCH faster.

I've gone all week with a gaping hole in my dash, waiting for replacement parts, or an answer on getting into recovery mode.

If anyone who purchased this outside of the group buy will PM me, we may have some leverage on getting the recovery information!!!

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Pat,

Have you tried something like this?

[ame]
Sponsored