OFFICIAL FORD MY18 PRICING FOR UK!

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
only the EB's will be under the excessive tax bracket its something like 2k up front then 800 year 1 500 year 2 400 year 3 then 140 after that something silly like that.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] f-type rs get a nearly new one for just under 50k
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...nesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...-to=50000&make=JAGUAR&price-from=40000&page=2

You have to look at brand new cars if you are comparing with brand new Mustang 2018.

If you were looking at dropping £50k on a second hand Mustang then ok look at alternative second hand cars.

But new has to be compared to new, and to my mind there is nothing at all that compares .

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
At last, thought we were never going to find out! Still think the car is good vfm at these prices but it's well out of my budget, for now.

Be interesting to see how the MY18 sells, theres not the same level of pent up demand as there was back in 2015.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
So are those prices on the road or is the £2k tax on top ? is a V8 M6 £41k including first year tax or £43 k otr

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So are those prices on the road or is the £2k tax on top ? is a V8 M6 £41k including first year tax or £43 k otr
They are on the road mate. Just had my dealer email me the price list with the cost for my car. Looks af if my build is week beginning 18th January. Should have it early May hopefully.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Is the V8 M6 under the £40k tax threshold? Ie the cost before on the road price at £41k ?

How much is the tax, something like £2k otr and £140 or something per year?

Ta

Paul
As the OTR price is £41,095, the list price is under the £40k threshold (based on list not OTR price) meaning you will only pay £140 a year from you second year of ownership

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
As the OTR price is £41,095, the list price is under the £40k threshold (based on list not OTR price) meaning you will only pay £140 a year from you second year of ownership
That's great news! Is it dependent on not ordering more than £1k of extras though, or is it only calculated on the base price? Sorry to labour the point, I just want it straight in my head :doh:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Thought so YAY :lol:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That's great news! Is it dependent on not ordering more than £1k of extras though, or is it only calculated on the base price? Sorry to labour the point, I just want it straight in my head :doh:
I think it includes options but I could (often am) wrong :shrug:

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
yeah yeah let me know where to send cash :)

still 50k for a specced up version yeah I won't be buying another mustang thats well and truly into better car territory :)
Ditto. It's 12k more than my '16 with equivalent spec position (in 2016 range): but is it 12k more car - no, it's a really nicely specced Ford.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Still, the 18 gets better mpg (about 6%). That would save £200 per year on petrol (for my mileage). Making the extra tax trivial. :thumbsup:

These prices are about £3000 more for my spec. The tyres, exhaust, and dash are worth that. Never mind the new engine and much better gearbox.

Well done Ford for keeping the prices reasonable.
Have to agree that your man maths makes sense to me. Mine comes to total of £44785 so about £4.5k more than what I was going to be paying. However, I get magneride and updated interior, dash, tyres and active exhaust among other things so pretty good deal.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
only the EB's will be under the excessive tax bracket its something like 2k up front then 800 year 1 500 year 2 400 year 3 then 140 after that something silly like that.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] f-type rs get a nearly new one for just under 50k
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...nesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...-to=50000&make=JAGUAR&price-from=40000&page=2

I find Jaguar build quality no better than Ford's feels like almost identical cars inside quality wise, except badge, not that particular bothers me.

I've also drove F-Type, V6S, sweet sweet handling car, just about right but not fast enough. I drove the V8 one and everytime I went near the power it just broke loose, the handling on that car was nothing short of terrible, way to short of wheelbase with a chassis that cannot handle over 400HP, let alone 500+ it would have to be an AWD model F-Type at which type I am at 911 money and the Boxster is a better drive than an F-Type let alone a 911.

If I could buy a 991 GTS I'd be very tempted.

For me the biggest lure of the Mustang is that cracking V8 NA engine that will make 500HP all day long with a tune and the fact the car simply looks fantastic.

The weaknesses are they aint best handling things these Mustangs, interesting to see if MY18 is better with mag ride like reviews seem to rave it is and hopefully automatic is upto scratch.

I am just seeing nothing for same price new.

A BMW M2 will probably have sweeter handling and be more fun handling wise on the edge, better chassis. But no V8 and even though it looks good, its no Mustang looks wise.

Audi RS3 stupidly quick, faster than the MY18 for sure and probably one of fastest point to point cars you can buy, sounds great to with the 5 pot but the handling is all a bit dull and its boring to look at and is it really got anything over my Golf, probably not.

I am mindful 50k is a lot, I also expect 12 months later it to be worth what, maybe 40k so 10k lost in a year. But I cannot find anything else on the market I'd consider. Even if I look at stuff upto 24 months old still not much is jumping out but then its an unfair comparison.

P.S. I will drop you a PM over the coil covers. :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Have to agree that your man maths makes sense to me. Mine comes to total of £44785 so about £4.5k more than what I was going to be paying. However, I get magneride and updated interior, dash, tyres and active exhaust among other things so pretty good deal.
I would actually consider all those extras is worth more then the difference, so all in all, a win win :thumbsup:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it includes options but I could (often am) wrong :shrug:

Think I read a post some time ago that the tax is based on the list price so as long as it’s under £40k you are ok and can load up on options but like you Mr Wolf I’m often wrong :headbonk::lol:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Actually you get way more, if you spec an 18 with mag ride your getting the following extra:

- Heated wheel, higher quality leather
- Adaptive cruise, lane assist, pre collision assist junk
- Active DRL's and LED external lighting
- Active exhaust
- Digital dash
- GT 350 rear suspension components and GT 350 front suspension components
- New improved MT82 said to be much slicker, only downside longer ratio's but some may like
- More power, more torque, better economy and 500HP capable from tune
- More leather inside, nicer interior
- PS4S tyres

This car negates the need out the box for the things most of could not wait to get on our 15's which was better tyres though some of us just made do, louder exhaust, better suspension to stop float and lower the 4x4 looks, LED lighting to the front.

I pretty much had all that and more waiting for mine before delivery.

My 2018 all I plan to have waiting is springs and a set of new wheels or spacers for stock wheels.

I shall simply then enjoy and change what I feel needs changing but I feel Ford have given us a true contender to the GM and BMW rivals this time out the box if you select the mag ride as they change a lot more on the car than you might think with that option. ;)
Sponsored