Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
“Junk” LS over this “Hurricane”

Under-stressed V8 any day, though they’ll have Hemi swaps as well
I'm sure. They've left the door open for it, I believe they will continue making the Hellcat motor as a crate option. It's been a minute since I read anything Dodge related, but I thought I remembered reading that.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Since there won't be a v6, you'll be fine.
I6 same thing. Won't sound anywhere near as good as V8.
If I wanted a twin turbo I6, Id get a BMW or classic JDM
True, which neither sound that good either. I think there is a few exceptions such as the I6 in the old school supra or the V6 on Ford GT or the Flat 6 on the Porsche. But generally I don't like the sound 6 cylinders make regardless of the type of engine setup.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I'm glad there's an ICE option, but the TT straight 6 will suck more gas than a NA V8 and as a bonus it will sound terrible.
Exactly. So if its not more efficient, probably not very green either LOL. Also if weight is the issue for engine choice then why they making it so damn heavy, at least make it loose weight and go around corners.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad there's an ICE option, but the TT straight 6 will suck more gas than a NA V8 and as a bonus it will sound terrible.
It will still sound ten times better than a V6

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
what.gif

Absolutely NOT the same thing.

Tell us youre not a car guy without telling us youre not a car guy.
What are you even talking about. You entirely missed the point they may sound better still I dont care much for the sound they make. The only decent sounding i6 were high boost supras. Nothing beats V8 sound. Nothing to do with being a car guy. SMH

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What are you even talking about. You entirely missed the point they may sound better still I dont care much for the sound they make. The only decent sounding i6 were high boost supras. Nothing beats V8 sound. Nothing to do with being a car guy. SMH

thumbs-up-sarcasm.gif

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It will still sound ten times better than a V6
I'm not so sure about that. Why do you think a straight six with turbos on it will sound good? I don't think I've ever heard a 6 cylinder engine that sounded good, unless it could run at really high RPM. And this is not going to be a high RPM engine.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not so sure about that. Why do you think a straight six with turbos on it will sound good? I don't think I've ever heard a 6 cylinder engine that sounded good, unless it could run at really high RPM. And this is not going to be a high RPM engine.
I would say you're in the minority if you think a turbo inline 6 sounds bad

nothing like the dogshit sounds that come out of a V6

also we have coyotes they aren't the best sounding engines. The Dodge and Chevy guys are ahead in that department.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
also we have coyotes they aren't the best sounding engines. The Dodge and Chevy guys are ahead in that department.
Uh what? Why do you own one then?? I was a GM guy for a long time, coyote sounds way better than the LS/LT motors. Same applies for the Hemi. Not saying they sound bad btw, coyote just sounds better

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uh what? Why do you own one then?? I was a GM guy for a long time, coyote sounds way better than the LS/LT motors. Same applies for the Hemi. Not saying they sound bad btw, coyote just sounds better
You don't have to rate everything about a car a 10 to own one.

It lives in the shadow of the old 4.6/5.4 as far as sound goes. Good thing it performs a level above.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You don't have to rate everything about a car a 10 to own one.

It lives in the shadow of the old 4.6/5.4 as far as sound goes. Good thing it performs a level above.
I agree, not everything has to be a 10 about a car to own it. Mustangs have their flaws no doubt. BUT, exhaust note is a big box to check (for me at least). Performance is another big one and the coyote is tough to beat in both regards. Pushrods all sound too similar to me, I’d rather have something like the coyote that sounds like it wants to rip your face off 🤭. I’d be bored with the LS sound pretty quick, different tastes I guess.

If I’m building a Frankenstein car, I’m taking coyote over a pushrod any day. Put the Mustang body on the Alpha chassis along with said coyote and we’re cooking with gas in my book.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would say you're in the minority if you think a turbo inline 6 sounds bad

nothing like the dogshit sounds that come out of a V6

I think what you posted is the exception, not the rule. Yes, engines that are set up to make a lot of power tend to sound good. But the factory versions are pretty meh in my opinion.

I drove a couple BMWs and the sound wasn't good at all in my opinion. At the time I got back in my GT350 and drove away with absolutely no desire to get a BMW instead.

My 1970 Mustang came with a straight six. Just not good sounding. Better than an EV, but not good.

As far as Coyote vs. LS, I think they both sound good. I like the Voodoo better, but that's probably mostly because it revs out higher.

Modern emissions requirements do make engines sound really bland unless they are wailing producing full power. I miss even low-powered V8s with lumpy cams. To me there's nothing better than the angry sound of an idling engine with a big cam in it.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, not everything has to be a 10 about a car to own it. Mustangs have their flaws no doubt. BUT, exhaust note is a big box to check (for me at least). Performance is another big one and the coyote is tough to beat in both regards. Pushrods all sound too similar to me, I’d rather have something like the coyote that sounds like it wants to rip your face off 🤭. I’d be bored with the LS sound pretty quick, different tastes I guess.
I said they just don't sound the best. They don't all sound bad...but a lot of the ones I hear sound like, usually the typical no cats plus a loud catback and Borlas or Corsas or "muffler deletes".

They just sound like noise. And the cold starts are so annoying. But people jerk off over them so who knows.

Even still it's not 350Z or V6 Charger/Mustang/Camaro bad though. Those guys are retarded with their aftermarket exhausts.
Sponsored