Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

cairish77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX V6
BTW: Guys in the Toronto GTA area, I just checked out a 2018 GT in magnetic with blacked out trim, automatic with digital dash. One of the few in Canada so if anyone is interested let me know. I took some photos but won’t upload them unless someone is really interested.

Having said that. Giving advice to get a V8 was tempered when I saw the price tag of almost 56,500.00! In contrast my V6 stickered at 30,000.00 almost half the price! Go ten grand more and you can buy a Corvette.
Let's see them!! Been hoping to see this combination outside the Ford promotional materials.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
1) The cluster is simply amazing, i think this is the best part of the 18 upgrades. Any of the pics or videos saw online don't do it any justice. You have to see it in person. It's definitely not a gimmick. It was bright, colorful and looks sharp.
That was my reaction as well. The cluster looked amazing in person. It's not worth it for me to change my build for it, but if it can be swapped to a 301A car and it's a plug and play type of job, I'd definitely consider doing it down the road.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Let's see them!! Been hoping to see this combination outside the Ford promotional materials.
I'm supposed to be doing corporate taxes right now. Plus I am so old I can actually go back and time and still get full retirement. But I promised photos if someone was interested, so here goes. And this was the best I could do with bright sunlight and an iPhone 6s Plus. It is what it is:

2018_Mustang_GT_1.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_5.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_4.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_3.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_2.jpg

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
I'm supposed to be doing corporate taxes right now. Plus I am so old I can actually go back and time and still get full retirement. But I promised photos if someone was interested, so here goes. And this was the best I could do with bright sunlight and an iPhone 6s Plus. It is what it is:

2018_Mustang_GT_1.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_5.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_4.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_3.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_2.jpg

When I ordered my 18 the black accent package was like $900 and it includes a black roof. This is showing $1250 and another $850 for a black roof?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
When I ordered my 18 the black accent package was like $900 and it includes a black roof. This is showing $1250 and another $850 for a black roof?

Canadian pricing and dollar. About 1.28 to your US buck. Also I didn’t even notice the black roof with this colour. So that 850.00 looks like a waste to me!

Also the quad tips are sort of like double the 2017 tips. But the Ecoboost’s dual tips look like chrome retro tips but are actually thick stainless steel tips. That really surprised me.

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
picture.jpg

Magnetic pic from today - sunlight was fading so not the best pic. Looked good in person.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Royal crimson - saw this today. Looks impressive in the sun. The red really pops out.
Are these retouched pics?
Are those highlights photoshopped?
How could those highlights pop so bright?
That paint looks insane like the old school blue green color shift paint.
Think it will be impossible to match?
Wanna see it with dark bronze/subtle gold wheels covered in brake dust..

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
picture.jpg

Royal crimson - saw this today. Looks impressive in the sun. The red really pops out.
Man, that color is absolutely beautiful. Would buy.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
To me that color would look GREAT with a set of chrome 18 or 19in FR500 wheels.
Love that color. Not so much a fan of those chrom-ey looking wheels. I'd rather have wheels that aren't so shiny, like the foundry type.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I started a separate thread for us Canadian guys as the original thread for Canada seems to have disappeared; but it has to be said this is a Mustang enthusiast forum and there was much interest in when we would get the 2018 Mustangs in Canada. There are also sometimes changes in the cars for different markets like how all the V6 Mustangs got fog lamps standard unlike the ones in the States. The window stickers and charges are different in Canada, so there is interest in this. So there is a reason for a unique thread. Anyway...

2018_Mustang_5.jpg

Well in short they have arrived. Or should I say it has arrived.One single Ecoboost Premium Mustang in Toronto at Yonge Steeles Ford just north of Steeles and Yonge in Toronto.The car presently is at the second back entrance on the south side right up against the sliding gate and is black. I took a really good look at it as I sipped my morning Starbuck mocha and will post the window sticker and other photos as its daylight savings time and anyone that checks this out and works on a weekday will be seeing this thing in the dark.

2018_Mustang_2.jpg

First thing is why on earth is the car not on the showroom floor? There are at least two 2017 5.0s there but not the new 2018?

2018_Mustang_7.jpg

Next was the first impression, which was: Meh! Most people on the street would not see any real difference at all between the 2017 and 2018 models or at best attribute them to differences between the GT and Ecoboost rather than an across the board change.I focused my attention of the exterior changes as the interior changes seemed non-existent.

2018_Mustang_1.jpg

I checked out those headlights and that gap below is not a gap – it just is hollowed out and black – what up with that? The Darth Vader thing below the fog/turn signals is functional with a small port for venting into the wheel well that they made such a big deal about at the launch of the 2015s.

2018_Mustang_6.jpg

2018_Mustang_3.jpg

2018_Mustang_8.jpg

The tall lights are different and more angular in the zig zag motif they have, but the rear end looks pretty much the same. I also didn’t notice the drop or the droop as this is a black car.From an angle at the side I really could not tell they dropped the hood at all and that was most surprising to me.But the big disappointment was that hood.Two things.First is that curvy line that used to go straight back in the pre 2018s.Seriously, that line is not aesthetic and I took philosophy of aesthetics back in university.It should continue to flow straight back.Now that I think about it, the best angles the photographers grappled with to make the car look best seem to be the ones that mask that awkward hood line.The frosted ice covered photo here shows this up nicely.

2018_Mustang_4.jpg

Now the other bitch is those hood vents – or lack thereof. The pre 2018 vents looked better.These look after market.And I could not see any functional cut outs when I got in closer.I called a car jockey to let his young eyes see if there was actually any slits as I was lead to believe they were functional.He said he thinks there were two slits.Two little slits just to make “functional” legal?I wonder if the GTs have more venting?Anyway the hood vents were a disappointment and make me think they are there on all models to distract from the “swervy” hood line.

2018_Mustang_9.jpg

All in all it’s the same Mustang we all love. The design would not impact me one way or another in my decision to purchase it. It just is not that big a deal to me.But this little trip did answer some questions I wondered about after hearing the endless prattle about it for the past like nine months.Personally I think the plain tri-bar motif on the original 2015 is better and is a true iconic accent on the front and back as well as in the interior of those premium models.That zig zag motif looks like change for change sake which is probably what it is.Way less of a change than I expected.Your mileage may vary though.
Here is what an EcoBoost looks like straight off the truck in shadow black with protective sheets on it and hundreds of miles of road grime and a covering of ice. Are we getting horny yet? Yet this was probably the first 2018 Mustang in Canada at the time!

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Video ecoboost sound

Video v8 convertible crimson red sound

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Are these retouched pics?
Are those highlights photoshopped?
How could those highlights pop so bright?
That paint looks insane like the old school blue green color shift paint.
Think it will be impossible to match?
Wanna see it with dark bronze/subtle gold wheels covered in brake dust..
Those pics were not touched up. I took those with a regular iphone 6 in the morning sun. That's it. The car is just a dark maroon when in the shade but the sun makes the underlying red pop out.

picture.jpg

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Those pics were not touched up. I took those with a regular iphone 6 in the morning sun. That's it. The car is just a dark maroon when in the shade but the sun makes the underlying red pop out.

picture.jpg
So it's the same as Kona with the liftings, i.e. let there be light and the color shows. ;)

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I looked at a Royal Crimson Fusion (forgot the name they used for it).

It was filthy so did not look nearly as good as these pics. These pics might put it back in the running as I was convinced Ruby Red was the way to go.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Seems like The Gold Pony will upload his test of this pony later this day:

And heres a good walkaround a black GT PP. I think darker colors fit the new Mustang way better :thumbsup:
[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: