Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
OMG don't loose sleep over it, he simply parked that way to take the damn picture.
While I do hate people that park that way I was trying to get a laugh. Didn't think I needed an lol in there to get that across

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Now those are good wheels.
Completely agree BUT you first need to buy a $4K performance pack, then while you're at it of course you add Magne ride, THEN you're hit with an upcharge (unknown at this point) for the wheels. In the end it comes to a $6K+ set of whells. As much as I love them I seriously doubt I'll buy them at that price.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You can buy very similar wheels at Roush. And it's quite a generic design so there will be similar aftermarket options too.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Completely agree BUT you first need to buy a $4K performance pack, then while you're at it of course you add Magne ride, THEN you're hit with an upcharge (unknown at this point) for the wheels. In the end it comes to a $6K+ set of whells. As much as I love them I seriously doubt I'll buy them at that price.
No.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Plus another set of winter wheels and tire with TPMS sensors.

I rented a 2017 ecoboost auto with leather and sync 3. After putting 200 miles on the car and evaluating the interior and options, I think I'm going to end up ordering a 2018 GT six speed with cloth interior and sync 3, and active exhaust. That'll put me at the price these cars are worth. These really are not 50 or 60 K cars.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Is it just me or do those tires/wheels just look freakishly small?
I think the tires on the PP2 are 35 profile, so they're going to be somewhat smaller in diameter than (say) the 40 profile tires on the regular PP. On top of poking out closer to flush, which exacerbates the effect somewhat.

Some lowering springs will make it look more normal.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
An R Package for the GT in 2018. Possible they may change the package name but it was always assumed to be the MGTR (Mustang GT-R)

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think the tires on the PP2 are 35 profile, so they're going to be somewhat smaller in diameter than (say) the 40 profile tires on the regular PP. On top of poking out closer to flush, which exacerbates the effect somewhat.

That would only be true if the tires were the same width. A 295/35/19 is about the same overall diameter as a 255/40/19.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

Some lowering springs will make it look more normal.
Let's hope this is a test vehicle and maybe isn't the final solution. I would hope that if they are putting 35's on the PP2 that they would change springs as well, because that does not look good.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Let's hope this is a test vehicle and maybe isn't the final solution. I would hope that if they are putting 35's on the PP2 that they would change springs as well, because that does not look good.
Highly doubt they will do anything with the springs. Will most likely come w/ the the magneride.

I think it looks better than the PP1 that not only has gaps, but also crappy offsets. At least the offsets are decent on these wheels. Nothing a quick spring swap couldn't fix.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring