Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Sponsored

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Nailed it. I'm living my life Sunday to Sunday for game of thrones lol.
You could save a day epi 4 leaked I watched it yesterday, AWESOME EPIDSODE :lol:

That orange does look really good though. Really hoping GHIG makes it back soon.

Sponsored

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Royal Crimson with a White stripe.. seemed like a weird combination. Someone's dirty test car.

GUKy.jpg

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Did the 15-17 manual tranny have no lift shift?

From the e-book.

V8 manual transmission has undergone a total redesign for twin disc clutch and dual mass flywheel to increase
torque capability and deliver more efficient clutch modulation,as well as larger and improved synchronizers to optimize shifts.
No-lift shift is available in all gears on all models.Maintains boost on EcoBoost models for faster acceleration. Driver can keep the accelerator floored while pushing in the clutch pedal and shifting gears.:clap2:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
They should have brought out auto rev matching on stick shift

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

From the e-book.

V8 manual transmission has undergone a total redesign for twin disc clutch and dual mass flywheel to increase
torque capability and deliver more efficient clutch modulation,as well as larger and improved synchronizers to optimize shifts.
No-lift shift is available in all gears on all models.Maintains boost on EcoBoost models for faster acceleration. Driver can keep the accelerator floored while pushing in the clutch pedal and shifting gears.:clap2:
No-lift came with the Power Packs. Yea, auto rev matching downshifts would have been better.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
No-lift came with the Power Packs. Yea, auto rev matching downshifts would have been better.
Heck now we're just getting lazy. Might as well own an automatic if your going to let the CPU do all the work for you. That's the beauty of driving a MANUAL, you have to manually work with the clutch and learn the various skills to make a manual truly fun to drive.

My 2 cents.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Will this not just create the same drone when accelerating that you get with auto cars? One of the nice things about a stick is the pause before the engine roars again

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
One of the nice things about a stick is the pause before the engine roars again
That's one of the things I do not like about stick, to each his own

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Will this not just create the same drone when accelerating that you get with auto cars? One of the nice things about a stick is the pause before the engine roars again
No. It's only for balls out acceleration. Guess you are too young to remember "power shifting".

Not lifting and slamming gears. The risk was over revving motors (no rev limiters in those days) but it sounded so Cool!

Again, you can shift normally or slam gears!
Kind of like this cool guy! (My favorite video I posted before)

Reactions: TDC

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Heck now we're just getting lazy. Might as well own an automatic if your going to let the CPU do all the work for you. That's the beauty of driving a MANUAL, you have to manually work with the clutch and learn the various skills to make a manual truly fun to drive.

My 2 cents.
Get rid of synchro's and double-clutch every shift while you're at it.

How manual do you need?

If I'm pushing in the clutch and moving the shift lever then letting the clutch back out, letting the CPU do a little throttle blip is hardly "most of the work". Rev match downshift is a common feature in a lot of sports cars, including category competitors (Camaro) and pretty ubiquitous at the next tier. If you really love heel-toeing that much you can turn it off.

I would rather have rev-matching than no-lift-shift, but if you have done one implementing the other would seem trivial.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Option of auto Rev matching yes.
No lift shift, don't see how this differs much to an auto, so wouldn't want this. Lessens the interaction and would create the acceleration drone you get with autos.
Sponsored