Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
You are correct. Many members here snake their customer orders under the guise of dealer orders because apparently everyone here is buddy buddy with the general manager of their local Ford stealership.
Thanks. Hopefully I'll get to see Royal Crimson and Kona Blue on convertibles before I order...those are the two colors on my radar. I'd like to sample the active exhaust as well. I've never ordered a new car in the past. They always came out of inventory, so I want to be damn sure I get what I want.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I use my car for DD, at the track, and to go on vacation. I want it all - performance, fuel economy ... even trunk space!
Well you'd be better placed buying a Mclaren P1 or a Tesla, if you want the cutting edge of performance and mpg, you're never going to get that from a Mustang. The Mustang's niche, in the UK at least, is naturally aspirated engine with a stick shift as they are very hard to come by. You remove that and it just becomes another Audi/Mercedes as they can do fast and efficient very well, but lose out on the fun factor of a Mustang.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Thanks. Hopefully I'll get to see Royal Crimson and Kona Blue on convertibles before I order...those are the two colors on my radar. I'd like to sample the active exhaust as well. I've never ordered a new car in the past. They always came out of inventory, so I want to be damn sure I get what I want.
I have the same sentiments. I'm not placing an order until I've been able to see the dealer stock stuff first, mainly the active exhaust and digital gauges. And if the base suspension rides sporty enough to not need PP.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
You are correct. Many members here snake their customer orders under the guise of dealer orders because apparently everyone here is buddy buddy with the general manager of their local Ford stealership.
Remember it was those early orders that got built, and sat for 2 months going through QC before finally delivered. :lol:

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
While fuel prices have been pretty stable for the past couple years, this certainly won't be the case forever, regulations or not.

At some point, it could become genuinely financially impactful to drive a ~20mpg V8 car to work every day. In 2008 or so, I had a 100 mile round trip drive to work. Even my Miata (~30mpg highway) left a dent in my wallet when gas was well over $4/gallon.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
[MENTION=11524]Kevin08[/MENTION] [MENTION=8588]Clink[/MENTION] I know I don't want the first new '18 arriving on the lot. I'll probably wait untill they start getting built to order mine. If I don't get it till Christmas I'm good with that.

Plus how you guys said just because someone's car is built first doesn't mean it's gonna be delivered first for QC reasons. When I ordered a Focus RS (thank God I decided to wait for the new Mustang GT) my RS was one of the first built which made me nervous especially since it was held for QC but cars built 2 months later we're delivered sooner.
Yup, I'll be fine with a new car for Christmas. I live in FL too so it's not like I won't be able to drive it. If anything I'll get to test that heated steering wheel.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Will enjoy the new vehicle in time for Christmas! No such thing as winter here in Texas! :thumbsup:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'm warming to the 2018, but I'm still waiting til the 2020 for the all new one. Want to see what they come up with styling and performance-wise. I may just get the hybrid because while the extra MPG is great, I'm sure the performance will be there as well and I would imagine it could make the car effectively awd (although not sure at all about that part). I don't see why people fear the future, especially when it comes to technology. I embrace it because while some things are truly "fads", much of what we see in our cars today and what's coming is here to stay. I'm not on the autonomous driving thing yet, that may take a decade lol because I just don't want to give up control of the vehicle, but I'm sure eventually ill learn to live with it, as long as I can still take control and drive on a twisty back road or on a track.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What's the redline on the current S550 GT?
Grey "soft" redline on current models is 6,500 with a hard redline at 7,000. So a full 500 rpm jump. Pretty good in my opinion.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I'm warming to the 2018, but I'm still waiting til the 2020 for the all new one. Want to see what they come up with styling and performance-wise. I may just get the hybrid because while the extra MPG is great, I'm sure the performance will be there as well and I would imagine it could make the car effectively awd (although not sure at all about that part). I don't see why people fear the future, especially when it comes to technology. I embrace it because while some things are truly "fads", much of what we see in our cars today and what's coming is here to stay. I'm not on the autonomous driving thing yet, that may take a decade lol because I just don't want to give up control of the vehicle, but I'm sure eventually ill learn to live with it, as long as I can still take control and drive on a twisty back road or on a track.

Should be nice.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

Bullitt