Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Brandon Ford in Tampa has a GT PP Premium for $34995 and a few base GT PP for $30995. Best deals I have found other than some rare outliers here and there for under $30k
Sponsored

Reactions: 113

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
After seeing it in person at Carlisle, I think it definitely looks better in person, but overall, I don't think the refreshed looks are a reason to buy or not buy the car. I'd rather not go down the modding road, so the released improvements are appealing to me. My first reaction to the car in pictures is negative for the first 10 seconds and then it grows on me. Definitely a little busy below the grill and the hood shape and scoops kind of make it look like a forehead on the nose or that bland early 2000's GTO. But I could see myself in a lightning blue with the white off-center stripe.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Refresh ...

After seeing it in person at Carlisle, I think it definitely looks better in person, but overall, I don't think the refreshed looks are a reason to buy or not buy the car. I'd rather not go down the modding road, so the released improvements are appealing to me. My first reaction to the car in pictures is negative for the first 10 seconds and then it grows on me. Definitely a little busy below the grill and the hood shape and scoops kind of make it look like a forehead on the nose or that bland early 2000's GTO. But I could see myself in a lightning blue with the white off-center stripe.
Not digging it personally. But heck if you like everything else Ford is offering on the 2018 I say go for it. I think Ford could had given us a GT350 style front fascia thrown in the engine, tranny, interior mods and I would have considered it. What they did to the taillights put me off too. Oh yeah Ford where are those HP / TQ numbers? :mad:

Thats why I bought a 2017. :cool:

Sponsored

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
Not digging it personally. But heck if you like everything else Ford is offering on the 2018 I say go for it. I think Ford could had given us a GT350 style front fascia thrown in the engine, tranny, interior mods and I would have considered it. What they did to the taillights put me off too. Oh yeah Ford where are those HP / TQ numbers? :mad:

Thats why I bought a 2017. :cool:
A GT350 look would have been perfect, but I suppose some people paid a hefty ADM and would like a little exclusivity. The GT350 on sale near me has a big "SALE" tag hanging from the rearview mirror ... with the MSRP PLUS a 5 or 10K ADM. Read the fine print I guess!

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Nothing out of the ordinary there. Read the fine print on some of the discounts, they don't apply to most of the public.

Deals have been going on sense the introduction of the S550.

Curious, none of those have the performance pack either.
Really? GT premiums are no less than 38k and ones with pp around 42000+

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Here's routine picture
Doesn't look too bad in blue from that angle with the black wheels, just the spoiler which ruins the photo. It's just when you see it front on, it looks dopey and the hood vents look like an after thought.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'll keep my modded 16 GT w/3.55:1 gear & 6R80 w/paddles. 3.15:1 doesn't get it for me.
I'll coil-over H&R probably, and enjoy the twisty's!

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Thanks for a more positive review. All the bashing, much of it pretty extreme, from folks who haven't even seen it in person was getting pretty annoying.

Like yourself I have no plans to modify my next Mustang except perhaps a bit of engine bay dress-up. I'm not crazy about the pointy front splitter and hopefully the aftermarket will deal with that as well, but from the photos I've seen it's not a deal breaker. The increased performance (whatever it'll be) improved clutch on the 6 speed, and other options such as the active exhaust have gotten my attention.

I suspect that a darker color, along with the wheel/tire combo and spoiler delete with the PP will have a significant impact in the way the 2018 appearance is viewed, particularly on the convertible which I intend to get. I'm anxious to see RC on a rag top. KB is on my radar too.

The hardest part will be parting with my '14 GT convert...it's the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
The hardest part will be parting with my '14 GT convert...it's the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

Really!!! Wow. I've done a lot of fun things with my cloths on (don't always get the chance to take them off) :thumbsup:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The prices you are talking about are MSRP.

I got my 16 GT premium performance pack, ruby red with 401a and nav last year for $37k. It's not difficult to at least get X-plan pricing.

While I purchased mine locally, Koons Ford in Baltimore has regularly sold for far less than anywhere else. Your price and discounts is highly dependent on your location.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
MSRP.... plenty of dealers out there selling them for 35-36k all day long with the PP.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I got a load GT Premium with the PP, Premier trim, 401a, enhanced security, and nav for 37k before TTL on a custom order. You can get a hell of a deal on them right now. That was a little over 7k off MSRP.

Lurkin4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Quick vid of what I believe to be the same red mustang in the potato FB vid posted here a few days ago:

[ame]
Sponsored