Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
No way will the 2018 come in at a minute 15-20 HP increase. Watch and learn

The delay of 2018 Mustang release is due to emission issues surrounding
the increased HP coming from the direct and port fuel injection and higher
compression ratio. . .do the math
Yes exactly. Having emission issues and it hasn't even been released. Car will cause problems when it's mass produced. Also to a lot of people 50+ would not make a difference because it's still significantly uglier.
Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Like I said before, once the new model hits the streets, the old model will look,......well, old!

Like every other old model in the past!

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Like I said before, once the new model hits the streets, the old model will look,......well, old!

To 98% of the public the car will look the same... you're not going from a 14 to a 15. It's the same model. Did the 16 look old when the 17 came out?

gary92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To 98% of the public the car will look the same... you're not going from a 14 to a 15. It's the same model. Did the 16 look old when the 17 came out?
no because the 16-17 car is exactly the same. the 2018 has a new front. duh

Sponsored

Storm75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V-6 Convertible
I don't think anyone has to justify keeping their current Mustang in light of the planned changes in the upcoming 2018 model. I too planned to order an '18, but have changed my mind. (I am one of the old guys here, staring 70 in the face...)

Instead, I plan to purchase a 2018 (Hyundai) Genesis G80 Ultimate. A fantastic comfortable vehicle, every safety feature and tech doo-dad known to man. Consumer Reports and even the car mags give it high praise. Includes a 5.0 liter V8, 420 HP. I will get one of those bumper stickers that say "You should see my OTHER car."

BUT, I am keeping my 2012 Mustang GT convertible. It is in near perfect shape, approx 50K miles and very reliable. 5.0, 6-spd manual with an MGW shifter, Steeda tune and upgraded radio speakers. Bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned. Cost me $26K two years ago, dealers around here are offering me only $18K in trade.

This way i/my wife have a great road and trip vehicle, and I still have have a fun car.
Works for me, your mileage may vary!

Thanks for listening,

Mike

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
I don't think anyone has to justify keeping their current Mustang in light of the planned changes in the upcoming 2018 model. I too planned to order an '18, but have changed my mind. (I am one of the old guys here, staring 70 in the face...)

Instead, I plan to purchase a 2018 (Hyundai) Genesis G80 Ultimate. A fantastic comfortable vehicle, every safety feature and tech doo-dad known to man. Consumer Reports and even the car mags give it high praise. Includes a 5.0 liter V8, 420 HP. I will get one of those bumper stickers that say "You should see my OTHER car."

BUT, I am keeping my 2012 Mustang GT convertible. It is in near perfect shape, approx 50K miles and very reliable. 5.0, 6-spd manual with an MGW shifter, Steeda tune and upgraded radio speakers. Bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned. Cost me $26K two years ago, dealers around here are offering me only $18K in trade.

This way i/my wife have a great road and trip vehicle, and I still have have a fun car.
Works for me, your mileage may vary!

Thanks for listening,

Mike
My dad loves that car. 18k for a 2012 with 50k miles is very good in my
Opinion

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Mustangs are instant classics. They never look old.:headbonk:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Consumer reports is another sh!t magazine :lol:

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Last month of production of what? It's still an S550. 16s didn't lose value because the 17s came out. The opposite will happen, 17s will skyrocket when 18s don't sell. 471 BHP? What are you talking about. Will increase 10-20 tops.
20hp minimum. Why on earth do you think the '18s won't sell?

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They will sell and they will sell very well. The changes are nice, many excellent features etc and options are coming. So let's not be foolish and say it won't sell. I personally think everything after the foxes up until the 15 are rolling turds. Awful, cheap, plasticky and outdated in nearly every way.. but they still sold a ton. The 18 will take some getting used to. Ugly to me yes. I think a Steeda or other aftermarket fascia will solve everything.

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
They will sell and they will sell very well. The changes are nice, many excellent features etc and options are coming. So let's not be foolish and say it won't sell. I personally think everything after the foxes up until the 15 are rolling turds. Awful, cheap, plasticky and outdated in nearly every way.. but they still sold a ton. The 18 will take some getting used to. Ugly to me yes. I think a Steeda or other aftermarket fascia will solve everything.
If you're going to buy a aftermarket fascia to change the front might as well just buy the 17... look the same otherwise. Unless you're buying for the PT features.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If you're going to buy a aftermarket fascia to change the front might as well just buy the 17... look the same otherwise. Unless you're buying for the PT features.
Just saying it's an option for those who are in the market for a mustang and are waiting for the 18 but dislike the fascia. Don't forget a LOT of people replace fascias just to mod And look different too so you get all the new features and updates and refinements like power etc plus take care of what I think is the only major fault with the re-design.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

Mike
Should look into the new G70 coming out in a few months also. Supposed to be even better then the G80 (though with a V6, not V8)
Sponsored