Sponsored

November 2014 Mustang Sales (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
"The overall sales decline was anticipated, as Ford manages its inventory levels as vehicle availability starts growing for the all-new Ford Mustang, F-150 and Transit models."
Yep...Ford came in lower than what was projected/anticipated...The bright spot was the Mustang.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Would be interesting to see how many were 15my vs 14my, are these clearance of 14s at a great price or selling of the new model due to its greatness?

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Camaro is on the way out with a new platform being anxiously awaited. So people are waiting to see what it will be like, then likely there will be a fire sale on the remaining current bodies.

Challenger had a refresh, plus both Scat Pack and still inbound Hellcat are stirring interest.

And Mustang is the new car on the block, even if deliveries are glacially slow so far. Plus the fire sale on the old model add into that total I would assume.

2006AutoXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT, 2022 Mach 1 ordered 4-19-22
These are sales numbers, not deliveries.
Ford likes to use the "deliveries" meaning a new car delivered to the final customer. Also the month total new car deliveries for the month includes any model year, so it includes 2015's,2014's and even any 2013's that are still around.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Oh man, years ago I suggested that after a 5th Gen refresh was needed, that Camaro sales may dip to Challenger levels...

HEY FENWICK!!! Crazy right? It's gonna be a loooooooooong drawn out death for the fat 5th Gen.

What a shot to the b@lls it would be for the Chally to overtake the Camaro in December.

Mark my words, the 6th Gen Camaro will not be available until Sept 29th, 2016. It will be offered in a 50th Anniversary model, a model I feel the Camaro should not be permitted to use. The Anniversary models are suppose to be a milestone for continuous production. The 45th Anniversary sticker package is exactly what a milestone car shouldn't be...

...and here's a damn news flash for ya', the Camaro quit in 2002... I suppose it would be okay for Ford to do an Anniversary T-Bird, or a 50th Anniversary Challenger/Charger.

Sponsored

motoroid65

8 days on dealer lots only. Isn't that considered supply constrained, still not making enough to cover demand?

Once it reaches a month inventory it could exceed 10K sold a month. That would be great to see.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Oh man, years ago I suggested that after a 5th Gen refresh was needed, that Camaro sales may dip to Challenger levels...

HEY FENWICK!!! Crazy right? It's gonna be a loooooooooong drawn out death for the fat 5th Gen.

What a shot to the b@lls it would be for the Chally to overtake the Camaro in December.

Mark my words, the 6th Gen Camaro will not be available until Sept 29th, 2016. It will be offered in a 50th Anniversary model, a model I feel the Camaro should not be permitted to use. The Anniversary models are suppose to be a milestone for continuous production. The 45th Anniversary sticker package is exactly what a milestone car shouldn't be...

...and here's a damn news flash for ya', the Camaro quit in 2002... I suppose it would be okay for Ford to do an Anniversary T-Bird, or a 50th Anniversary Challenger/Charger.
Agreed. If it didn't see continuous production the calendar resets once it goes back into production.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Agreed. If it didn't see continuous production the calendar resets once it goes back into production.
They lose zero sleep perverting the anniversary milestone. They didn't seem to mind doing a 70ish sticker treatment for the 45th either.

I'm not sure sales will increase much when the 6th Gen comes out. I feel the 6th Gen is merely a refreshed 5th Gen and most customers will be saying "meh" shortly after seeing it. I'm afraid the average customer won't know the difference and the excitement levels will be much duller than they are now. Performance gains and weight loss (if any) will only attract a small demographic audience.

I think Chevy is about to make a huge mistake... I also feel using a barrowed platform will come back to bite them sooner than later. A shared platform will quickly show its limitations. There are whispers that there has been weight gain in every major component area. That makes it difficult to lose weight overall.

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
8 days on dealer lots only. Isn't that considered supply constrained, still not making enough to cover demand?

Once it reaches a month inventory it could exceed 10K sold a month. That would be great to see.
well if you think about it preorders effect that, resulting in cars sitting on the lot for a day. my dealership has 10 mustangs right now i think in total they got 12 (sold a 6 and a gt)...so average those 1 day pick ups with the rest and you get 8 days. If you dont include those preorders, it would be interesting to see the real amount of dealer stock getting picked up

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Mustang: Best November Since 2006!!!

http://wardsauto.com/sales-marketing/ford-sales-again-hampered-f-150-changeover?

The Mustang pony car had a strong month as inventories of the new ’15 model were built up. Mustang deliveries soared 68.8% to 8,728, the car’s best November tally since 2006.

“Mustang had a breakout month,” Felice says. “Mustang growth is strong all over, but strongest in Texas, while California is second. It’s turning in just eight days.”

Sponsored

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
Yep...Ford came in lower than what was projected/anticipated...The bright spot was the Mustang.
Incorrect, analysts expected an overall drop of 2% and the drop was 1.8%. Stocks actually went up after sales numbers were published

Granted Ford brand was down 2.6% while Lincoln was up 20.6%

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Incorrect, analysts expected an overall drop of 2% and the drop was 1.8%. Stocks actually went up after sales numbers were published

Granted Ford brand was down 2.6% while Lincoln was up 20.6%
Yep, 1.8%, thought I saw 2.0%...I'm heavily invested in 'F' as well as a few of the other automakers. Gets my attention when one of my stocks gets disturbing numbers.

My Wife's new truck (Colorado Z71) beat out the F150 for "Truck Of The Year"...I had suggested she wait until the new F150 came out, but she said the Colorado fit her needs and was better looking than the F150...Maybe time to increase my position in GM-->:shrug:

Ed's5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford mustang gt 5.0 manual
I am going to predict over 11,000 sales for the new mustang in a month for 2015 spring/summer, we shall c

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow, I remember the last time Camaro sales dipped that low: Right before they ended production after the 2002 run.

I wonder if we'll something like this again:
camaro_reunion.jpg