Sponsored

Not Happy with Ford - HVAC

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
I dont have the same issue but it did take my local dealer over a month to receive the clamps that hold the resonator on my car. This was after I waited 2 weeks for them to get in a new resonator. After 3 weeks I said piss on it and bought a cat back exhaust.
Sponsored

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 051A Deep Impact Blue Reverse sensors
My '15 was at the dealer six weeks waiting for an evaporator assembly. Got mine back a week ago. Part is on back order. It's a bad deal. But, what can you do?

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Mine had the condenser replaced as well. It only took a day to get that part.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I just had my compressor replaced. Today was the first really hot day we've had since then. It is not blowing super cold. :(

They also did the seat cooling TSB. It is the same or a bit worse than before!

So, I guess I will take the wife's Escape out when it is too hot now.

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford white 50 years
Thank you for the responses
To be clear the car has never been in any kind of accident, and is totally stock.
When I have more information I will post a follow up regarding exactly what work was performed once the car is repaired.
In the meantime I am driving a 2016 Mustang V6 Convertible loaner from the dealer.
Its just a little frustrating in that my dealer here in South Fla cannot give me an answer as to when the necessary parts will arrive.
Anyway thanks again for the responses.
I'm currently in the same boat and I to live in Florida. I took my car in two weeks ago for a ac blowing warm. They told me it's a leak in the evaporator and that the new part would be in, in a few days. So they gave me a charge and sent me on my way, that was two weeks ago. I called and they said the part wasn't in yet and they had no idea when it would be in. My car has 13k miles on it. So stoked I bought a $40k car that is already having issues. Good thing for the warranty.

Sponsored

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently in the same boat and I to live in Florida. I took my car in two weeks ago for a ac blowing warm. They told me it's a leak in the evaporator and that the new part would be in, in a few days. So they gave me a charge and sent me on my way, that was two weeks ago. I called and they said the part wasn't in yet and they had no idea when it would be in. My car has 13k miles on it. So stoked I bought a $40k car that is already having issues. Good thing for the warranty.
Oh and they have to remove the dash to replace the evaporator. I'm so looking forward to all the squeaks after. :headbonk:

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Same here. I have a 2015 v6 and I live in SF and my AC was running hot all of sudden, I took it in to the dealer and they told me the evaporator and compressor had to go. The dash and a whole bunch of other parts had to be moved/replaced. The bill came out to like 1200$. I'm glad i had warranty too lol

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Oh and they have to remove the dash to replace the evaporator. I'm so looking forward to all the squeaks after. :headbonk:
I was thinking the same thing. But, I have to give it to the tech that worked on my car. He did an excellent job with my dash. It actually has less squeaks and rattles than before I took it to them. Props to him. I got lucky and got a skilled tech that took pride in his work!

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Air just started blowing hot on my 2015, only 15,000 miles on it. Dropped it off at ford and they said they should have it ready my Monday or Tuesday. I believe they said it was the evaporator

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking the same thing. But, I have to give it to the tech that worked on my car. He did an excellent job with my dash. It actually has less squeaks and rattles than before I took it to them. Props to him. I got lucky and got a skilled tech that took pride in his work!
Looks like I'm driving to Louisiana. Lol

Sponsored

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Air just started blowing hot on my 2015, only 15,000 miles on it. Dropped it off at ford and they said they should have it ready my Monday or Tuesday. I believe they said it was the evaporator
I was told the same thing. Good luck! I really hope your ford service is better than mine.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I'm driving to Louisiana. Lol
Yeah, the tech that did mine said he wasn't doing the next one! It's someone else's turn. :lol:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Funny you mentioned this, it just happened to me. Bought my car in 3/15 (2/15 build) with about 24k miles and Friday when it was 100* it just started this. I was on a long drive and I noticed it started getting warm in the car. I have VERY high quality heat rejecting tint. Normally my car is exceptionally good at cooling. Now it seems to blow warm air for a while. After about 5 minutes or so, the air gets a little cooler but not like it was before.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Funny you mentioned this, it just happened to me. Bought my car in 3/15 (2/15 build) with about 24k miles and Friday when it was 100* it just started this. I was on a long drive and I noticed it started getting warm in the car. I have VERY high quality heat rejecting tint. Normally my car is exceptionally good at cooling. Now it seems to blow warm air for a while. After about 5 minutes or so, the air gets a little cooler but not like it was before.
10 bucks says you need an evaporator assembly. Get it in to be checked!

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has the same build date.
Sponsored