2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looks like a super solid group and great instruction, which I agree totally has value. But that price! That's like three or four normal track days… :eyebulge:
Yup, not cheap. Everything about it is top notch though.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I'm going to try and lock up the April 15th day.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol glad there isn't a noise restriction at this track. I may try to find a stock catback to cut up some day so I can drive Laguna seca. One thing I must do!!!

Is the 15th only day at thunder hill for that price? Just noticed it's same day as my friends birthday. I said I would go to it, but might have to get out of for this. Lol.

Ps to Todd. Let me know what they say about scca discount because I thought I was good from last time as Well.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Lol glad there isn't a noise restriction at this track. I may try to find a stock catback to cut up some day so I can drive Laguna seca. One thing I must do!!!

Is the 15th only day at thunder hill for that price? Just noticed it's same day as my friends birthday. I said I would go to it, but might have to get out of for this. Lol.

Ps to Todd. Let me know what they say about scca discount because I thought I was good from last time as Well.
Waddup brotha, unfortunately theres a 103 db limit at T-Hill. I believe Sonoma and Laguna Seca is 90 db.

The day were talking about is April 13th which is a Thursday. Im thinking of doing May 15th but thats a Monday and I also might be still hungover from my own birthday.:lol:

As far as the price goes, I had a long convo with SCCA about this and the last time we went we either paid for a single event or yearly membership cost which was wrapped up
in the event cost. You have to renew membership fees every year unless you buy some type of lifetime thing. So the total will be $100 for that day but it includes a year membership.

Lastly, this event starts 30 minutes earlier so 2:30 start time and it should end by 8:30 according to their site.

Hope to see you out there!

Last edited:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I'm going to have to ask for day off. Lol idk why I thought It was on weekend. And I thought they didn't enforce noise and thunder hill. I don't think my car will be under the limit than :(

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ok I'm going to have to ask for day off. Lol idk why I thought It was on weekend. And I thought they didn't enforce noise and thunder hill. I don't think my car will be under the limit than :(
For the volume regs, the website says the noise traps is at turn 1 I think (?). If thats the case then just drop the revs a lil bit around the noise trap and you good to go!:thumbsup:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Crap, I found this:

"Thunderhill has a 103dB sound limit. They're testing sound usually just at the start of the front straight.
Violators will be removed from the track, with a chance to correct issues. Curiously, Thunderhill also has
a Mandatory Muffler requirement, regardless of sound levels you must have a muffler on the car."

http://www.ncracing.org/opentrack.php?track=Thunderhill

If you still got your suit case somewhere in the garage or backyard that might be passable(?).

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I was kicked off a session at Thunderhill for a 104 and 105db lap so it will happen. My exhaust is the Roush quad tip with all ports open but I also still have my stock resonater and I know I'm not as loud as most. When running the 3 mile, or 5 mile for that matter, the mic is right at the beginning of the main straight and I had to lighten up a little there. I don't know where it is on the 2 mile section though. Sonoma also is a 103db but Laguna you have to whisper around.
I'm doing my damnedness to get back on track with you guys soon.

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
I was kicked off a session at Thunderhill for a 104 and 105db lap so it will happen. My exhaust is the Roush quad tip with all ports open but I also still have my stock resonater and I know I'm not as loud as most. When running the 3 mile, or 5 mile for that matter, the mic is right at the beginning of the main straight and I had to lighten up a little there. I don't know where it is on the 2 mile section though. Sonoma also is a 103db but Laguna you have to whisper around.
I'm doing my damnedness to get back on track with you guys soon.
Strange....I've only seen two cars get flagged for noise at T-Hill, and they were a pair of race-prepped, straight piped S197's from AZ. Ear-splitting loud....even to me, and I'm a big fan of the Coyote soundtrack.

I've got MBRP Street catback, which is H-pipe in place of resonator, and pretty damn loud. I'm one of the louder cars on track, and I've never had a problem.

[MENTION=21353]16s550[/MENTION], what exhaust system are you running? I'd say anything you're running on the street is going to be fine. Remember that the decibel scale is exponential, not linear, so just a few dB is much louder. For reference, 103dB is the same as a jet flying over you at 1000 feet. :eyebulge:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Strange....I've only seen two cars get flagged for noise at T-Hill, and they were a pair of race-prepped, straight piped S197's from AZ. Ear-splitting loud....even to me, and I'm a big fan of the Coyote soundtrack.

I've got MBRP Street catback, which is H-pipe in place of resonator, and pretty damn loud. I'm one of the louder cars on track, and I've never had a problem.

[MENTION=21353]16s550[/MENTION], what exhaust system are you running? I'd say anything you're running on the street is going to be fine. Remember that the decibel scale is exponential, not linear, so just a few dB is much louder. For reference, 103dB is the same as a jet flying over you at 1000 feet. :eyebulge:
I got the exact same exhaust set up as you and I love many aspects about it. When I did the Sim Raceway Stage 1 @ Sonoma both instructors made a
backhanded comment about the volume level of my exhaust. So every time I went down the straight I made sure that I wasn’t pushing it too hard.

That was one of the reasons I thought that Sonoma was a 90 db track too.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now have texas speed long tubes, cat less borla xpipe and sport mufflers. She gets loud above 2300 rpms.
Sponsored