ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
I have a 15 v6 mustang.
I bought it used when it had 14k miles. I recognized the noise a week after I got it and it got worse by then. not it has 15.5k miles on it.

First, I thought it is tire noise. I went to ford dealer to have it checked 2 months ago.They said it is the tire and there is no need to waste time on that.I just drove and made sure he hears the noise. he convinced me and I didnt want to leave the car too.

2 weeks ago I had a nail on the shoulder of the rear tire and I had to replace the rear tires. I told them to check front wheel hub and tire about that noise while they lifted it. and they said everything is perfectly ok.

last week I realized that when I go very very slow (1-2 mph), the car goes up and down slightly. like there is a bump on the tire. I might be wrong with the up and down motion but lets say that the ride is not smooth.

Today, I decided to lift the car by my self and see what is going on. when I rotate the wheel, there this friction sound coming from the wheel hub like something is rubbing on to something. that noise goes up and down as the wheel rotates. obviously there is higher resistance on the left wheel as well when you compare it to the right one.
I suspect it is the bearing. but not sure.

So what do you thing that can be?
What should I do in order make the dealer take this issue more seriously?
If it is the bearing does it covered by the warranty? the car is ford certified too.
If I leave my car there, do they have to give me a rental car?

I am not us citizen and I am new to business in US. So any information will help a lot.

sorry for the long post
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
ponyv6

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
btw I also feel a slight vibration with my left foot at around 20mph.
no vibration in steering wheel

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
it sounds like a caliper or rotor issue honestly, it would seem one is rubbing in a given spot. look at the rotor closely with the tire off and a metal ruler if needed to see if there is a high or low spot on the rotor.

OP
OP
ponyv6

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
if it was the case wouldnt caliper wear off already?
and if the rotor is bent does it covered by the warranty?
I mean, can it be driver's fault?

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
no as it is probably the pad being worn not the metal, as to whether it is the rotor or caliper that I cannot say without looking at it myself. Ford may cover it, and they may say they overheated. it is hard to say, but you do have a previous visit where you complained about the noise, so bring it in, have them lift it and see the rub/noise for themselves.

Sponsored

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
it can be drivers fault on a warped rotor due to overheating the brakes, as you are driving a v6 as your name suggests Personally I dont think you have, but the previous owner might have.

OP
OP
ponyv6

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
yeah I meant the break pad not the caliper. pad would wear off...

it is v6. I dont think I over heated. I havent been in a track and cant push it on the open road that much I guess.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
It should be the rotor, but no guarantee's it wont be the caliper, but as the pad wears, it will possibly get worse as it may have more play. I would bring it to the dealership as soon as you can, to prevent any metal wear or worse metal to metal contact.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
btw where in Texas are you located?

OP
OP
ponyv6

ponyv6