tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Hello all. My first post on this forum - been lurking for a good year but. :)

It looks like Ford Australia is not going to offer the option of a manual transmission in the convertible, regardless of the engine chosen. This is a real disappointment to me as I was planning to order a convertible GT with manual trans. I don't know if any of you guys have seen the document below, but it confirms what I was hoping was a typo in the specs on the Ford Australia website.

I've already written to my local dealer in Goulburn, John McGrath, (no reply yet) urging them to put pressure on Ford to reverse the decision.

Can anyone fathom why they would do this? Do they save anything other than a line on a spreadsheet? Was anyone else here planning to go with this option?

Cheers,
Jason

mustang-2016a.jpg

mustang-2016b.jpg

mustang-2016c.jpg

mustang-2016d.jpg

mustang-2016e.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Yes - very dissapointing - I was looking to order the manual convertible as well. Got very little info from my dealer. Basically he said our mustangs will come preconfigured with little or no choices - colour for the convertible and that was it

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Convertible with an auto........ You must have alot of girls in australia. Lol

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
it is interesting to note that Ford states in the 1st paragraph that the car is "2016MY"

Does this mean it will be a 2016 model rather than the 2015?
and will we be getting it in Jan 2016?

Also - I cant seen any mention about the gauges in the center console between the vents which is standard in the "Performance package"
should they be included?

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
American do their MY different to us, the MY16 are starting to be built in April/ May of this year i think.

Ford have stated cars will start landing in September, Press events in October with customer deliveries in December.

Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Shame that Ford does not mention anything optional like performance package or recaros!

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I want to know 3 things not clear in that memo:
1. What are the "Three Dimensional trip bar tail lamps" : are these the red ones or are these the clear ones?
2: What are the 19" ebony Black Painted "MACHINED" alloy Wheels they keep talking about?? They never refer to the PP wheels as being Machined so what wheels are these?
3. Does the GT come with Selectable drive modes and the Toggle switches, I've read in a few things it does including the Brochure but it's not in this secret memo, I know we won't get line lock but what about the selectable drive stuff?
Got any other secret memos to answer these?

OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I found that one on the mustang.org.au forum.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is looking for what the ebony wheels are, have a look at ford.com.au in the 360* view of the mustang and those are the equipped wheels

OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I might have had a bit of a win. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

My local Ford dealer rang me and basically said that they were powerless to influence Ford Australia. I got a canned reply to a message I left on the Ford Australia website, basically telling me nothing, but I just got this in reply to a message I left on their Facebook page:

Dear Jason, thanks for your inquiry. We've had an overwhelming response to the Mustang and are now looking at expanding the transmission options, if there is serious customer demand. However, nothing has yet been confirmed. Many thanks, Ford Social

Now we just need to keep up the pressure! It would be great if everyone could go onto the website and Facebook page and tell them how they need to offer a manual transmission in the convertible. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I also sent a message to Ford via their FB page asking them for more choice as far as options and features beside just colour, engine and transmission. - they replied with the following ...

"Dear Bruce, I have passed on your comments to the wider Ford team. I am aware we've had an overwhelming response to the Mustang and are now looking at expanding the transmission options, if there is serious customer demand. However, nothing has yet been confirmed. Many thanks, Ford Social"

So suggest more people do the same - if enough ask them - they might just change their minds..

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Well done guys.

Am I right in thinking that the Americans will be quite jealous of a 'vert with six pot Brembos? Like wise a auto anything with the big brakes?

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
The UK get a manual convertible???

Just saw that Ford UK have enabled their online ordering system. Built the attached convertible including a manual transmission, metallic black paint, and had a choice of interior, sat nav, reverse parking. Can't find any detailed specs but surely we'll get the same options as the UK.... And this top of the range convertible is AU$70K (coverting $39K pounds)
mustang.jpg

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
Yep, can't think that you wouldn't get manual convertible RHD in Oz - no reason to exclude it if they're making them for the UK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
Who thinks we'll get the euro tail lights?
Sponsored