Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I believe GM has specific language in the ZL1/ZLE (and the 1LE SS) warranty documentation that allows / covers under warranty, non-competitive/timed track events like HDPEs.
There is a performance driving supplemental booklet that comes with Camaro SS, ZL1, and 1LE(including 4 & 6 cylinder 1LE). It spells out the warranty information as well as adjustments to make to the car before tracking (brake burnishing, brake shields, suggested camber adjustment). I can’t seem to find mine or I would have posted a snapshot of the exact warranty statement. Basically, if you leave it stock, no tune, no exhaust work, no headers, no e85, you’re good to go. You can add the GM Performance CAI and have the dealer tune it and still be under both regular warranty and track coverage. That’s the route I went. The sticker is the certification that the dealer did the tune and that it is 50-state compliant.
2540587A-3E0D-415A-8D39-269AB137CD9B.jpeg

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Continued threadjack: my memory got jogged big time by that video, those log splitters were called The Stickler, IIRC.

In the case of the setup on the aforementioned F-100 (300 six, manual trans), it was a total freakshow when splitting a big, stringy chunk of hardwood like oak. The idea was you put one end of the log against the ground and tipped the other end into the splitter and it would auger into it like a giant wood screw and pop it apart; when the log was stringy it wouldn't split cleanly, the log would catch, and the wood/splitter combo would spin and pound against the ground. I thought we were going to die, and Dad would yell, "CLUTCH!". Then into reverse to get the log off.

I can't believe nobody was ever hurt. It always seemed sketchy as hell. Good times.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Thanks, Earl but...

"..permanent stationary power source?"

WTH?

KB
China generator LOL you know when you need power to run your house. I have a pto generator for my property.

6196470B-FDC4-4F3C-B5A0-58D5EF28E6C4.jpeg

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
@Tomster any update from FP? They are probably "o shit.... someone read the manual, and has a question..... o shit"

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Tomster any update from FP? They are probably "o shit.... someone read the manual, and has a question..... o shit"
No, I'm afrraid they are stalling. To be fair, ill give it through Monday. I'll follow up on Monday.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
No, I'm afrraid they are stalling. To be fair, ill give it through Monday. I'll follow up on Monday.
The only person I taked with at FP was noah in regards to my camber plates and information on the owners supplement package when I bought my GT350R. Was good about everything and answered all my questions rather quickly, but mine were really straight forward questions. Yours is a little more legality in regards.

But, Ill keep a close eye.... I keep looking at the possibility of getting another GT500, with approval from the lovely wife :thumbsup:. This could be a deciding factor.....

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The only person I taked with at FP was noah in regards to my camber plates and information on the owners supplement package when I bought my GT350R. Was good about everything and answered all my questions rather quickly, but mine were really straight forward questions. Yours is a little more legality in regards.

But, Ill keep a close eye.... I keep looking at the possibility of getting another GT500, with approval from the lovely wife :thumbsup:. This could be a deciding factor.....
I'll hold off until the close of business on Monday. Then i will discuss who was contacted and what was said. I dont want to be a prick about this, but when my last email went out without the courtesy of a reply, well....

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and then it is no longer all in good faith.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
They haven't read the exclusion. As it stands, they don't have to.
That's very true.... And the article was from January 2019 before the car even was out. The argument can go either way. But with that statement, I would lean to its covered unless your in time trials or bracket racing. But its up to the dealer and then if its over $1k (I believe from previous warranty experiences), then Ford becomes involved. So if your in good with your dealer, it could be ok....

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
it's just getting to damn difficult to have fun any more, definitely think I'm getting to a point in life where i won't be considering a sports car in the future. the manufacturer is wanting a lot of money for a car that you can't have fun in any more and still be covered, even if stock.
Sponsored