Sponsored

Nice Parents!!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
As others have said, you need to live within you means.

Someone who makes $1 million a year and spends $999,999 a year can lose just as much as fast as someone who makes $50000 a year and spends $49,999. As soon as the money stops, both will be broke just as fast.

The $1 million person just will lose a lot more of their toys.

The problem in this current time is we've allow credit to get out of control, there are no more requirements of skin in the game. Use to be 20% down on a home and they wouldn't sell you the home if you were spending more then 35% of your take home income on the mortgage. Now it's free reign, anyone can get a loan (STILL) and the government backs up these high risk borrowers with taxpayer money. It's so corrupt and makes me pretty angry honestly. They are killing people who save money and live within their means.

The more credit they put out there, the more it devalues your dollar, raises the price of goods, homes, cars (due to false demand created by giving anyone a loan) and the less you get for the value of your dollar.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably go to tech school versus a 4-year college. There is a shortage of people who know how to use their hands, and it's only going to get worse.

And those who know how to make/fix things will do very well if they are business-savvy.
There was a NY Times article that said they compared a plumber to a Harvard grad...plumber comes out on top except vs the very top at Harvard and will have earned more then the average Harvard graduate due to never having loans and making more income during those 4-6 years (this doesnt include high paying elite jobs that many in Harvard can get).
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
^^^ This.

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought I might chime into this thread. When I graduated from High School, my father bought me a 2010 Honda Accord 4cyl Coupe EX-L. He bought me that car because it was reliable, spacious, and a newer car. Initially he was going to give me his 94 Accord Sedan (which I didn't mind) but it was older, required maintenance from time to time, and a manual which I wasn't familiar with at the time. He could have taught me, but he was working nights at the time so not only could he not assist me with the maintenance of the car, he couldn't teach how to drive it either so the only valid option was to buy me a car that would take from point A to B safely.

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
It was only after I graduated from ITT with my associates in Network Systems and landed my first job in tech support that I traded in my Accord and bought an Evo X. After an unfortunate engine fire that ended up totally the Evo, I then bought my Mustang GT brand new from the dealership down the street from my house. It feels good knowing that the first brand new car I have ever owned was bought by me. Sense of accomplishment and what not.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Its so sad that most of my generation is so spoiled and disrespectful. Iv gotten new joes right out of high school whrn i first made team leader that wear such shitbags. (After anof fuck fuck games that changed)
Im only 23 and have had a long list of nice cars including a SRT8 charger amd 06 GTO. And my current 2 cars (2015 mustang gt and 07 F250 king ranch ) are both paid for in full. There are still a few good young guys left.

Sponsored

Nestang

Threads
Reaction score
Well my parents are going to give me a GT PP 2015 ( just waiting for delivery, we already bought it) and I'm 19 (it's going to be mine but that doesn't means I'm going to be the only one driving it)

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
Its so sad that most of my generation is so spoiled and disrespectful. Iv gotten new joes right out of high school whrn i first made team leader that wear such shitbags. (After anof fuck fuck games that changed)
Im only 23 and have had a long list of nice cars including a SRT8 charger amd 06 GTO. And my current 2 cars (2015 mustang gt and 07 F250 king ranch ) are both paid for in full. There are still a few good young guys left.
preach!

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Being content with what you have, even if it's not monetary wealth, is a great place to be in life. Maybe that just comes with age and wisdom, I don't know.
Could not agree more. Perfectly stated. :thumbsup:

I bought every car I've ever owned. Did it make me appreciate it any more than one that was given to me? I'll never know. I'd say "Lucky kids!" if I saw a youngster at the wheel of a 6G Mustang. So long as they conduct themselves responsibly, I don't see the harm. But yes, it would behoove them to learn the value of a dollar if it were handed to them; I am a firm believer in never taking ANYTHING for granted. The question is: are they capable of appreciating something, regardless of whether or not they obtained it on their own?
Sponsored