Next Car?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Why has nobody suggested a Mach 1 for this guy???

Seriously, drive one. Only because you want a manual transmission. Between the Tremec and the Magneride, it feels different when driven back to back with a GT.

Buy the Mach, get a flex fuel tune, and love the hell out of your life.
Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Keep pondering a c6 z06 or a c6 Zr1, but their interiors are so bad. May just turn this up to 1k wheel and be done with it.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I will be adding a 20-22 GT500 to my fleet, hopefully before years end. We have the M440i, so that erases my want for an M4. I will be completing the 67 C-10 with my youngest son in the years to come, and we have the Jeep for beach adventures.
Isn't the M440i stock very close to the Mustang Performance wise ? I pulled my fair share of M440i or M340i's and the reaction from the BMW owners is always is your car stock power.

I want to keep my 2017 Mustang for at least the next 14-15 years provided I can keep it running as the track rat shit is beginning to show wear on the car. I plan to give it to my nephew for it's 18th birthday provided he get his license and driving is still allowed then.

I do have free cashflow though so I'm looking for a new car the list is mostly around dual purpose street/track car similar to my 2017. My car is stock 420 hp but since my track is really short I stay within reasonable distance to the new G80 M3/M4's in terms of lap times at least when the M3/M4's are stock most of my time attack rivals have G80's ether bought or on order waiting for them to be build so if I want to keep getting podiums I need a car that can match them build.

So the list is as fallow based on budget:

1. Supra 3.0 - I fallow Jackie Ding a lot and what he did with the Supra is amazing. We have a few on my local track and the lap times this things are posting on semi-slicks and full slicks are impressive. B58 is nice engine and it can easy be upgraded to around 700 whp the chassis is light and the 50/50 split is perfect also car is super cheap compared to other options so this might be best bang for bucks car.

2. S650 Dark Horse - I have a lot of knowhow in the tuning Mustang world and a friend of mine have a very nicely build 700 rwhp Mach 1. So we know the platform inside/out and the Dark Horse with all the track goodies (coolers and Tremac) could be amazing platform. Though the road blocks here are the pricing in Europe will be insane (same as M2) and the manual trans heavy ass Mustang might be slow compared to other cars on the list.

3. G87 M2 - I have a quote for one and a build sheet and the price is close enough to an Mach 1 / Dark Horse. However this platform looks mighty Jackie Ding actually got one to replace the Supra and the first track outings with it are mighty impressive and having a track like traction control will be useful. The downpipe tune numbers and 5.3 60-130 time also look impressive and since the G80 M3 is out for more than an year now there is tons of after market support for the M2. Interior wise is very similar to S650 (fugly dual tablets). However the waiting is 10 months or so.

4. 718 Cayman GT4 - This one is amazing I have a friend with a 718 Cayman GTS and stock wise with cheap as 235/265 PZero's this car come within 0.3 seconds of my Mustang on 305 AR-1's. The car does 100-200 km/h in 9.5 and the PDK is amazing. I'm just guessing the GT4 will be even faster is a good entry into the Porsche world and pricing wise is just a few 10k's more than a Dark Horse / M2. Downside is that the platform is older as this is like a 10 years old platform now. But there is a very good chance the 718 Cayman GT4 to be the last ICE GT4. Don't have a spec for it though and not really sure what is available on the second hand market.

5. G80 M3/M4 - This is the bigger brother of the M2. I really loved how the G20 3 series was driving as a daily so I can imagine an xDrive M3 to be even better and the 4 doors could be practical. Stock M3 is posting lap times around 1 second or so faster than me on my local 2km track. And a friend of mine had an M4 with a racechip doing 2 second faster laps than me on the stock PS4s tires. This cars will dominate the time attack scene in the next few years for sure. However I think budget wise this car is to expansive to be put on the track for a full season.

From here down are my I won the lottery options:

6. C8 Z06/Z07 - This car is amazing 670 hp N/A 5.5l FPC V8 in a mid engine car looking like a Ferrari and performing on the track with everything needed to push it all day everyday. And probably the last V8 Z06 ? This is a future classic I can see this cars been passed on the Barrett-Jackson's actions in the feature and been fetching some serious bucks. However this alone might make this car not worth it as a track car. But still I don't think at the moment there is a more impressive American sports car than the Z06. Maybe only the GT500.

7. 992 GT3 - Performance wise this is very close to a GT3 RS in the hands of a mare mortal and even Porsche laps on the Nurburgring are within 10 seconds of each other but the GT3 is way cheaper than an GT3 RS though Porsche increased the pricing a lot this year pushing the pricing of GT3 well over 200 000 euro. Performance wise the C8 Z06 is also close to the GT3 which is understandable considering the Z06 have better power to weight ratio.

Since I don't see myself winning the lottery anytime soon the last 2 options are out of contention. For the other 5 I'm not sure which way I want to go as there is also the option to put more money in the Mustang and see how the next few rounds of mods will improve performance staying N/A.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Isn't the M440i stock very close to the Mustang Performance wise ? I pulled my fair share of M440i or M340i's and the reaction from the BMW owners is always is your car stock power.

I want to keep my 2017 Mustang for at least the next 14-15 years provided I can keep it running as the track rat shit is beginning to show wear on the car. I plan to give it to my nephew for it's 18th birthday provided he get his license and driving is still allowed then.

I do have free cashflow though so I'm looking for a new car the list is mostly around dual purpose street/track car similar to my 2017. My car is stock 420 hp but since my track is really short I stay within reasonable distance to the new G80 M3/M4's in terms of lap times at least when the M3/M4's are stock most of my time attack rivals have G80's ether bought or on order waiting for them to be build so if I want to keep getting podiums I need a car that can match them build.

So the list is as fallow based on budget:

1. Supra 3.0 - I fallow Jackie Ding a lot and what he did with the Supra is amazing. We have a few on my local track and the lap times this things are posting on semi-slicks and full slicks are impressive. B58 is nice engine and it can easy be upgraded to around 700 whp the chassis is light and the 50/50 split is perfect also car is super cheap compared to other options so this might be best bang for bucks car.

2. S650 Dark Horse - I have a lot of knowhow in the tuning Mustang world and a friend of mine have a very nicely build 700 rwhp Mach 1. So we know the platform inside/out and the Dark Horse with all the track goodies (coolers and Tremac) could be amazing platform. Though the road blocks here are the pricing in Europe will be insane (same as M2) and the manual trans heavy ass Mustang might be slow compared to other cars on the list.

3. G87 M2 - I have a quote for one and a build sheet and the price is close enough to an Mach 1 / Dark Horse. However this platform looks mighty Jackie Ding actually got one to replace the Supra and the first track outings with it are mighty impressive and having a track like traction control will be useful. The downpipe tune numbers and 5.3 60-130 time also look impressive and since the G80 M3 is out for more than an year now there is tons of after market support for the M2. Interior wise is very similar to S650 (fugly dual tablets). However the waiting is 10 months or so.

4. 718 Cayman GT4 - This one is amazing I have a friend with a 718 Cayman GTS and stock wise with cheap as 235/265 PZero's this car come within 0.3 seconds of my Mustang on 305 AR-1's. The car does 100-200 km/h in 9.5 and the PDK is amazing. I'm just guessing the GT4 will be even faster is a good entry into the Porsche world and pricing wise is just a few 10k's more than a Dark Horse / M2. Downside is that the platform is older as this is like a 10 years old platform now. But there is a very good chance the 718 Cayman GT4 to be the last ICE GT4. Don't have a spec for it though and not really sure what is available on the second hand market.

5. G80 M3/M4 - This is the bigger brother of the M2. I really loved how the G20 3 series was driving as a daily so I can imagine an xDrive M3 to be even better and the 4 doors could be practical. Stock M3 is posting lap times around 1 second or so faster than me on my local 2km track. And a friend of mine had an M4 with a racechip doing 2 second faster laps than me on the stock PS4s tires. This cars will dominate the time attack scene in the next few years for sure. However I think budget wise this car is to expansive to be put on the track for a full season.

From here down are my I won the lottery options:

6. C8 Z06/Z07 - This car is amazing 670 hp N/A 5.5l FPC V8 in a mid engine car looking like a Ferrari and performing on the track with everything needed to push it all day everyday. And probably the last V8 Z06 ? This is a future classic I can see this cars been passed on the Barrett-Jackson's actions in the feature and been fetching some serious bucks. However this alone might make this car not worth it as a track car. But still I don't think at the moment there is a more impressive American sports car than the Z06. Maybe only the GT500.

7. 992 GT3 - Performance wise this is very close to a GT3 RS in the hands of a mare mortal and even Porsche laps on the Nurburgring are within 10 seconds of each other but the GT3 is way cheaper than an GT3 RS though Porsche increased the pricing a lot this year pushing the pricing of GT3 well over 200 000 euro. Performance wise the C8 Z06 is also close to the GT3 which is understandable considering the Z06 have better power to weight ratio.

Since I don't see myself winning the lottery anytime soon the last 2 options are out of contention. For the other 5 I'm not sure which way I want to go as there is also the option to put more money in the Mustang and see how the next few rounds of mods will improve performance staying N/A.
I think the HP on the M440i is around 400 in our car. That cars ability really is handling, especially in sport mode.

You have an extensive list with much detail on the cars you would buy. Good write up on all of them. That’s awesome you are giving the Mustang to you nephew, hopefully he will appreciate the car.

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Assuming you’re referring to the Giulia, I 100% agree.
yessir it's so aggressive but sleek at the same time and that triangle front grille is iconic

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Same here, plan on keeping the stang forever. Just thinking about what to get next since the stang is paid off!!
I can't afford any of the exotics (6 figures minimum) not to mention I won't buy anything I can't work on myself generally. Those brands tend to require OEM scantools (aftermarket has nothing for Lambos, Ferraris, etc.) so that's an automatic disqualification. Besides, I'm old as hell and probably won't last too much longer anyway (though a few guys here are a few years older than I am and look fantastic for their age!)

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Realistically I would guess a Hearse but I will never know for sure. Kidding of course. My GT is that car. My daily is an F-250 XLT Supercab and I sold my 50+ year old cars. Had to get them out of my system and I will never again look for another ride unless I fell into a M1 with all the goodies my premium has.
Clearly a "Ford man" based on the current vehicles you have. I've always been a Ford guy at heart (from back in the Bob Glidden, John Force, Mark Martin, etc. days) though I had a stretch of Hondas since 1989. I know back in the day Chevys were always easier to build up (small block parts interchangeable etc. unlike Ford where only some Windsor stuff was somewhat interchangeable) but I always liked the fact they didn't break down as often especially in drag racing (axles, rear ends, motors, etc.) They also seemed more reliable back then and the "fix or repair daily" thing didn't sit well with me so I changed it to "First On Race Day" which worked for my car back then when comparing apples to apples.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I traded my 16 Charger SCAT for my 21 Mustang GT Premium! It was a great car, just wanted something different. WAY heaver though...but that 392 has some awesome off the line torque. Mustang is faster once it revs.
That's the thing with the Coyote. It's so much smaller than most other comparable cars (like the Camaro) yet performance and fuel economy is so much better considering it's size. Reminds me of the first Honda S2000 that was only 2.0L NA (120 cubic inches) yet was rated at 240 HP. Incredible for the time and I think it had like a 8,000 or 8,500 redline?

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
It won't be an S650. I find the exterior styling uninspired, derivative of other cars, and lacking traditional Mustang styling cues except maybe the triple bar taillights. The screen-dominated interior is even worse.

If I have to replace my current car, either a low-mileage S550 if I can find one; otherwise I might go with a new Miata.
How's this for a low-mileage 550..... about 4,800 miles to date, though I won't be selling anytime soon. I just wish I could use it more but I'm still at the state where there's no dings and such so I hate leaving the car in a parking lot unattended. I have to get over it so I can use it more like a DD than my Honda.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
How's this for a low-mileage 550..... about 4,800 miles to date, though I won't be selling anytime soon. I just wish I could use it more but I'm still at the state where there's no dings and such so I hate leaving the car in a parking lot unattended. I have to get over it so I can use it more like a DD than my Honda.
Ones you start driving it and get the first few rock chips you will figure out that life is short to drive boring cars.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Next is probably something responsible that I can drive virtually anywhere at any time. Explorer ST has made its way onto the list, as has a Porsche Macan. But I probably need a home I can call mine before I have 3 vehicles in the fleet. Or I could be very responsible and buy my mom a car.

Absolute grail car is a 2017+ Audi R8. Since it's going the way of the dinosaurs at the end of the year, unsure if/when I can make that happen. But with some smart finances, I can pour money into savings after I get my student loans paid off.

I definitely want a 2004 Cobra at some point, but I already have a mustang so that can wait.

The goal is to have a warehouse with a 20+ car collection in it one day.
With you on the want for a Termi. And I love the warehouse idea. I've joked that I want a car for each day of the week and honestly, it's trending that way lol.

I dunno, maybe something with AWD or an EV. Tired of spinning tires at red lights 😂
Maybe you just need better tires? I very rarely spin my 305 PS4Ss.

I guess it depends if I’m still doing all my track rat $hit
You know you will be 😂

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Absolute grail car is a 2017+ Audi R8. Since it's going the way of the dinosaurs at the end of the year, unsure if/when I can make that happen. But with some smart finances, I can pour money into savings after I get my student loans paid off.
I'm with you on the Audi R8. I found the perfect one for me about 2 years ago, a 2015 carbon V10 Spyder with high mileage and lots of upgrades. But it was out of state, and somebody local bought it before I could. Buying a vehicle remotely is always a disadvantage.

Last edited:

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
My next ride will be a hearse. :like:
Sponsored