GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I believe this is the thread. I could be wrong.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15278
My car is very clunky as well. However, my half shafts don't have the slop shown in the BMR video. It would be nice if they had a fix for it.
This video only showed slop in the suspension/diff bushings, not anything about the halfshafts that I saw...is there another video somewhere or did you just mis-type half-shafts and really you meant the bushings?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
3 tsbs so far for us huh... exhaust leak, windshield noise, and now this.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Oops I was double wrong. It was the driveshaft slop video from Anthony at htm I referenced.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22031
No you were right, they're talking about the CV axles (same as half-shafts). I'm willing to bet this is the problem I'm having with the thud noise...and many others are noticing this too. I don't notice it when sitting still, just when shifting while moving. Either that or some driveshaft play, but as the guy noted on that thread they already have an aftermarket driveshaft on there. If Ford won't fix this, I'm curious to see what aftermarket parts do fix it. Mine isn't setup for any crazy racing but I'd be willing to upgrade if it meant no more thud!

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So if and when Ford releases this TSB, and we are experiencing the thuds, how will we get the dealership to act? Do we have to take the car to the dealership and have them look it up or would they send an email like they should during a recall.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
So if and when Ford releases this TSB, and we are experiencing the thuds, how will we get the dealership to act? Do we have to take the car to the dealership and have them look it up or would they send an email like they should during a recall.
You'd have to take it in, and probably reference the TSB to get them to find the issue as I've noticed not all dealers actually look up TSBs when you tell them you are having a specific issue. Technically, they'd only have to diagnose it and see if the TSB applies (either by build date or by actually inspecting the suspected parts), but if you complain enough I'm sure most dealerships won't mind doing it since they make money off warranty work from Ford.

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You'd have to take it in, and probably reference the TSB to get them to find the issue as I've noticed not all dealers actually look up TSBs when you tell them you are having a specific issue. Technically, they'd only have to diagnose it and see if the TSB applies (either by build date or by actually inspecting the suspected parts), but if you complain enough I'm sure most dealerships won't mind doing it since they make money off warranty work from Ford.
Awesome. I figured that's how it works but wanted to make sure I fully understood it. Getting my exhaust replaced due to a horrible rattle from a component inside it, and probably getting the clutch assembly replaced because the car doesn't like to go into 3rd or 5th gear (that's what the tech said they'd replace). If I can get this thud to go away that'd be awesome. Then I'll be set for the supercharger install. :cheers:

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I still need to get under my car and compare the slop in my FRPP Shafts, to see if it improved over the stock stuff.

GT 50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50th
I do not have the PP and have the same thud. I hope the TSB encompasses more than just the PP models.

dangilbert33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Subscribed....GT PP and same thud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Subbed

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
If they are covering warranty labor and some parts cost I would see about upgrading to FRPP shafts.
Sponsored