New SYNC 3.0 update was just put out . SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I'll be watching for your update Bikeman315. I'll just order the $40 USB I guess. Now, what kind of bikes do you have? (2011 sportster 1200 Custom & 2018 Ninja 400)
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'll be watching for your update Bikeman315. I'll just order the $40 USB I guess. Now, what kind of bikes do you have? (2011 sportster 1200 Custom & 2018 Ninja 400)
I wish. A good friend of mine was nearly killed on his Honda many years ago. I promised my wife no motorcycles. My bikes are pedal driven, at least they were. Bad knees. But there is still hope. A neighbor has one of these and my wife loves it. Could be a good summer.
s-l640.jpg

Deleted member 35786

Hi, I have a 2016 gt with Nav. Do you know what the current sync 3 is suppose to be. Mines says 3.0 build 19205, version 1.1.1.1139 thanks
Is this the latest update with out NAV, such as what i have in my 17 GT?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Is this the latest update with out NAV, such as what i have in my 17 GT?
I did some digging for a build # for Sync 3.0 without nav but had no success. It may just be 19025. Can you tell me what build number you have now?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OK, so here's the update. I'm cancelling my $40.00 USB drive because Ford says I do not need it. Tried one last time to update using a known to be good 3gb USB 3.0 drive. Downloaded the files form the Ford site using Chrome. Everything when fine. Got in my car started her up and drove for over an hour. Absolutely nothing.

So I decided to contact Sync chat once again. Got the same woman, Crystal, that I had last week for my wife's issue on her Escape. Told her what was happening and got these two responses.

1. I confirmed that there isn't a way to reset it per se, but you can try the installation again with a fresh download if you haven't already. The link to access the file again will be in the order confirmation email.
OK, I did this

2. The report regarding the issue that you experienced actually states that if you received the "Installation Complete" message, it was successful, but the display is just showing the old version number..
Getting warmer

The issue with the map update being successful but not registering the new map version number in the display is only specific to systems with software version 3.3.
Warmer

Here is the official statement regarding the problem that you experienced, for your reference:

If you currently have SYNC® software 3.3 in your navigation system, once you’ve completed the Map Update installation in your vehicle, your Navigation system may still reflect the previous Map version (you can go to Settings-->General-->About Sync-->Navigation Maps Version: NA 1 xx to check.) If the previous version is displayed, as long as your Map update completed you have the latest version of Navigation Maps. The next software release (3.4) will resolve this item.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Regarding 3.4.
The ETA field in our documentation is blank, so it hasn't yet been finalized, but I am hopeful that it will be soon. No great surprise here.

So I went back to my car to double check the version and it's still sitting at 1.17. Maybe it updated, maybe it didn't. At this point I really do not care. I'm getting my money back and I'm happy with that. Now just going to wait for 3.4

Sponsored

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Also, remember only 2018's and later get it for free, 2017's and earlier pay (if I remember right)
True. For my 2016, they want $109 for the file download, and $149 for the USB stick. I rarely use nav anyway, so I'm declining the update.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Trying to update from Sync 3 ver 2.0 to 3.0 on wife’s’17 premium. Downloaded and extracted to 32GB usb. Start car, insert USB...nothing happens. How long before I should see ‘software updating’ or some sign of activity?
I’m having to use armrest USB because the console one is only charging her iphone (won’t CarPlay but armrest will). Shouldn’t it update through armrest?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Trying to update from Sync 3 ver 2.0 to 3.0 on wife’s’17 premium. Downloaded and extracted to 32GB usb. Start car, insert USB...nothing happens. How long before I should see ‘software updating’ or some sign of activity?
I’m having to use armrest USB because the console one is only charging her iphone (won’t CarPlay but armrest will). Shouldn’t it update through armrest?
Second question first. Yes I believe the USB in your armrest should work. That said if you’re having a problem with the one in dash it could affect the one in the armrest.

it could take a couple of minutes for the screen to notify you the the update has started.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The dash media hub was jittery. Whenever you hit a bump, CarPlay would disconnect then reconnect. Dealer replaced hub and now it only charges. No carplay. Dealer is researching...which I interpret as hoping we’ll go away. CarPlay works through armrest, so I was hoping to update Sync through that hub. Insert USB....nothing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The dash media hub was jittery. Whenever you hit a bump, CarPlay would disconnect then reconnect. Dealer replaced hub and now it only charges. No carplay. Dealer is researching...which I interpret as hoping we’ll go away. CarPlay works through armrest, so I was hoping to update Sync through that hub. Insert USB....nothing.
Have you tried downloading some music onto a USB and try playing it on the dash hub. Also how long are you waiting for the update to start? You are not going to see anything for the first few minutes.

Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Have you tried downloading some music onto a USB and try playing it on the dash hub. Also how long are you waiting for the update to start? You are not going to see anything for the first few minutes.
I waited at least 3-5 minutes. Not long enough? Tried wifi as well, but update scan just spins.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I waited at least 3-5 minutes. Not long enough? Tried wifi as well, but update scan just spins.
Forget WiFi, works once in a blue moon, if you're lucky. 3-5 minutes should have been enough. Have your dealer check both hubs to ascertain they are both working properly.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Forget WiFi, works once in a blue moon, if you're lucky. 3-5 minutes should have been enough. Have your dealer check both hubs to ascertain they are both working properly.
And herein lies another problem. Dealer has been silent for a week now. When prodded, they respond with “we’re looking into it”. Mind you, they sent us home with the car. I think they’re blowing us off hoping will go away.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Then do not go away. Or find another dealer. Your choice.
Oh we’re not. We’re just going to have to escalate. Ironically, I just got a text from the service department manager wanting to ensure that I’m 100% satisfied with our recent visit. Drafting my response now.
Sponsored