Sponsored

New SVT GT350 Mustang (S550) Undresses at Nurburgring (Now With VIDEOS)!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
For a GT350R model with carbon ceramic brakes I would believe it. Hopefully there will be a non-R model without the carbon ceramics to knock that price tag down 7k-10K lol. oh well I can't afford one any time soon.
I really hope there is a street version with the comfort and tech to go along with a stripped down race version. That way both groups are taken care of.
Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I notice that it has a lip spoiler, which makes me wonder why they make you delete it on the PP.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
For a GT350R model with carbon ceramic brakes I would believe it. Hopefully there will be a non-R model without the carbon ceramics to knock that price tag down 7k-10K lol. oh well I can't afford one any time soon.
SVT:
GT350 $48k
GT350s $55k
GT350r $68k

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
SVT could call it just "Cobra" and "Cobra R"
So they have a Cobra and a Raptor (2 reptiles) in the "stable".

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I would imagine that the lap times it is running requires a cage for safety reasons.
There are no requirements for safety equipment. At least there wasn't when I was running there. If you go off, you'll often end up at the bottom of a cliff. The car I rented was fully race prepped but no one checks your stuff.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
There is already a more street friend model, the GT track pack. Leave this one for the guys who want it as hardcore as can be.

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
I notice that it has a lip spoiler, which makes me wonder why they make you delete it on the PP.
I noticed that too! I may add it to my GT once available.

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
SVT:
GT350 $48k
GT350s $55k
GT350r $68k
If that is true then I could actually pick one up in a few years after I pay off my current loans.

There are no requirements for safety equipment. At least there wasn't when I was running there. If you go off, you'll often end up at the bottom of a cliff. The car I rented was fully race prepped but no one checks your stuff.
The GT500 had a cage in it as well IIRC when it was seen at the 'ring. The track may not have the safety requirements, but maybe Ford does for its employees sake. Didn't the Z/28 have a cage in it as well at the 'ring? Or does it come factory with a cage?

Safety is just what came to mind.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Whatever version it is it has to be street legal... why else would they be testing with pilot super sports. very interested in seeing the full svt lineup/ order guides however they structure it

full respect to the track day warriors but if i can get an SVT with the GT premium options and steel brakes for under 55k I could def see that as THE performance/lux daily driver over an M4 all day

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I like it! I was looking to buy a new car about a year ago, before Ford had shown the '15, and though I prefer a less retro look, I decided to pick up a '14 Mustang because I thought it had gained enough modern cues to look more like a modern car.

I am probably one of the few people who didn't like the '05 when it was introduced, and when I look at the '14 compared to the '05, there's a world of difference in my opinion, and it gained some features from the GT500. Plus the performance increased significantly as well (300hp to 420hp).

That's a big reason why I didn't wait and decided to buy the '14. I figured the first '15s would be the "worst" Mustang of that generation, and they'd only get better as the new design evolved, so maybe in a few years I'll pick one up, and maybe they'll inherit some of this car's looks by then.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like this little 'barge board' design/aero trend we've been seeing on new performance cars. Whoever is in charge of the S550's ground effects has a great grasp on the latest trends and the execution is well done. Look at that little trailing portion of the rocker sill that flows into the front chin spoiler. I know the P1 is a ridiculous stretch for comparison purposes but it's the clearest example.

Sponsored