Sponsored

[New Spy Pics 4/12]: 2015 Mustang s550 Prototype Now With Covered Production Body?

shelby1k

Wow good find. This is absolutely a photoshop. There is not a wrinkle, crease, or shadow that is different with the cover or on the car/front bumper. You're telling me they managed to get it off the flatbed without moving a thing, including the wheels?

What is the point of it?? Dont have a clue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The plot thickens my friends. Yet another pic here that looks like it was subsequently photoshopped. The bottom one is the KGP image and the top looks like the raw image. Notice how everything above and around the top of the car is blurred out.

The question remains, what does this mean? Did Ford work with the spy photographers to release these pictures as a red herring, to prevent bad publicity from a mechanical breakdown or crash, or does the blur reveal something they wanted to keep secret?

2.png

2015-Mustang.jpg

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
I think Ford and KGP are messing with us! LOL But it just doesn't make sense to photoshop the car off the flat bed truck, what's the reasoning behind that. Maybe to make people think its being driven around??? And really it does look just like a 2013 or 14' body style, just with camo on it and no bumpers.

Well played, Ford, well played!

stangray11

Hah, Ford and spy photogs playing some serious games with us.

Maybe the blur is just to prevent people from identifying the location? They clearly changed the wall from the original ribbed warehouse gate look to the clay/brick for a reason. Unless there was some kind of sign there.

The mechanical failure theory is interesting.. the car certainly looks like it got into a wreck :doh:

GTsquid

Here's my theory -- this was a total set up from Ford (and maybe in cahoots with the spy photographers). They needed the flatbed to transport a car that couldnt drive with a cover that was too small and would impede the wheels because it is a s550 cover trying to fit a s197 body and needs tape/straps just to hold it together.

Sponsored

Mriley

Well the cover in the way of the wheels is not the only problem. You cant drive it with or without the cover...... Its missing the bumpers and body panels.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Guys...it's an S197. Relax. It's painfully obvious and people continue to think there's something special under there.

Vickstang

Like some here have said before, Ford has been known to mess with the press or spy photographers so this might be an example of messing with the press.

KC_Drifter

Scary what you can do with photoshop, I woulda never spotted that. Makes you wonder what other "spy photos" were pure hacks done for publicity.

Sponsored

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
The photographers watermark was right where the photoshop splice was, so he had to do it. Which means that he purposely covered up the fact that it was on the back of a truck, and he blurred out the background. Which makes me think that this "famous" photographer is actually working with Ford in putting out false information to throw off renders and created false speculation. For all we know, that "prototype" was just cardboard with wheels and a tarp on it.

crazyfastfreddy

Hah gonna do an expose on this spy photographer. WHat kind of shennanigans is this... what happen to honor among thieves?? The big news sites need to look into this, they published all those PS pics a few weeks ago.

I think ur right mrkrabz, looks like he put the mark there on purpose. I wanna see what's behind all that blurr. Maybe clues where the testing facility is?

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197