New Roush Tune/ New problem!

DJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT a6, 3.15 gears,stage 2 Roush
I have 2015 a6 with 3.15s and 727 kit i don't drive it much but i am not impressed i took it to the track on street tires have to leave at idle and ease into it to get off the line best pass 12.04@118 i am waiting on the update
Sponsored

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
I finally decided to take her up to about 6000 rpm today. Dont laugh, still breaking her in! lol I have the New Roush phase 2 tune which seemed to fix the code P016b that I was getting which is the max torque limiter code. Instead of a code, today it just decided to shut the motor down. A screen popped up saying something about "accessory blah blah blah??? At 6000 rpms?

I repeated this 3 times, shutting the motor off every time. Is 6000 rpm too high now? Seems low to shut the engine down. Any explanation would help. :frusty:
Did you get the new roush tune yet that was going to be released on 9/30/2016

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
If you are phase 2 then do yourself a favor and get a real tune. That Roush tune has and always will be crap. You will not be able to wipe the smile off your face

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Or call Brenspeed, They put their own tune on their stage 3 Roush (Car is over 4000lbs! and previously had the 727 tune from Roush) and went 10.29 at mid 130's this weekend in Bowling Green.

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
Or call Brenspeed, They put their own tune on their stage 3 Roush (Car is over 4000lbs! and previously had the 727 tune from Roush) and went 10.29 at mid 130's this weekend in Bowling Green.
Damn that's moving good run

Sponsored

IvanK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto GT
2nd revision for the AUTO Roush cars wasnt very good either. Dealer decided to pay for a real tune. Ken @ PBD will be tuning mine. Working on it in the next few days.

Malibu78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush supercharged 2016 A6 Mustang GT, 1978 Malibu
Wow there appears to be a great number of cars with tune issues. My a6 car went 10.92 and then 10.88 this past Sunday da was 386, 670 phase1 only mod is drag radials and front runners.

simmy711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP W/ ROUSH PHASE 2 651RWHP
Hi, this is my first Post here, but I am having the same issue.

My car is going into limp mode anytime I give it half to 3/4 throttle. It is not specific to RPM Ranges.

I had 4,500 miles on my 16 GT w/ PP when I took it to ROUSH (Michigan Headquarters) two weeks ago to have the Phase 2 charger/kit installed.

ROUSH sent someone to my house from Michigan to check it out and of course it could not be recreated. They leave and now it has done it 4 more times in the past few days.

They said the calibration team is working on a fix, so far no dice! I just paid a heck of a lot of money to render my car useless. I'm so unhappy with them.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem, but also angry that they knew about this issue and still did not inform me before installing it on my car.

I hope everyone gets this fix soon!

Last edited:

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Hi, this is my first Post here, but I am having the same issue.

My car is going into limp mode anytime I give it half to 3/4 throttle. It is not specific to RPM Ranges.

I had 4,500 miles on my 16 GT w/ PP when I took it to ROUSH (Michigan Headquarters) two weeks ago to have the Phase 2 charger/kit installed.

ROUSH sent someone to my house from Michigan to check it out and of course it could not be recreated. They leave and now it has done it 4 more times in the past few days.

They said the calibration team is working on a fix, so far no dice! I just paid a heck of a lot of money to render my car useless. I'm so unhappy with them.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem, but also angry that they knew about this issue and still did not inform me before installing it on my car.

I hope everyone gets this fix soon!
I'm with you. Kind of waiting on Brenspeed but will likely end up with Palm Beach Dyno or VMP tune. Roush has basically proven themselves worthless.
Sponsored