Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Hello all, switched over from ecoboost to the GT Saturday, looking for some advice. Plan on catback and doing intake(one that doesn't require tune) staying away from tune for now(plan on lund ngauge down the road).

think I'm going to do MBRP street catback or solo performance mach thunder. (corsa is beast but I'm not dumping out 1500 for it)

K&N series 63 intake - anyone had any issues with these? ive seen where some people have gotten some water issues on their filters with some of the intakes, just trying to get some feedback on what people have had on their intake setups.
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Honestly, skip the intake. Unless you're looking for intake noise (which the exhaust will drown out) or aesthetics, you're not getting a performance increase. Even with the tune required intakes... all the gains are coming from the tune, not the intake.

Save yourself the $350 and put it to use on something else.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Yea skip the intake. All it's going to do is empty your wallet.

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
Pretty funny...

Hello all, switched over from ecoboost to the GT Saturday, looking for some advice. Plan on catback and doing intake(one that doesn't require tune) staying away from tune for now(plan on lund ngauge down the road).

think I'm going to do MBRP street catback or solo performance mach thunder. (corsa is beast but I'm not dumping out 1500 for it)

K&N series 63 intake - anyone had any issues with these? ive seen where some people have gotten some water issues on their filters with some of the intakes, just trying to get some feedback on what people have had on their intake setups.
Hi Nihil

I'm the guy who bought your Tune+ WGA a few months ago. Thanks for the great sales experience by the way.

I did the exact same thing over the weekend. If I'm going to have a midlife crisis car it is going to have 8 cylinders and be bright red. The sales manager cranked up his GT with the MBRP street catbacks and holy crap it sounded great. Semi quiet at low rpm but ripping good fun when you floor it. The aluminized steel is holding up well. Too make things even better American Muscle has them for sale right now for $569.99.

Good Luck with the new wheels

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Don't get the MBRP street. Most people sell there MBRP street. Sounds good at idle and cruising around. Hit the gas and a very raspy sound comes out. I would go with solo performance. I'm actually thinking or switching to solo. I started with the MBRP street and now I have borla s-type with H pipe. I do really like my borla setup but I heard the solo street race and wow. That's the sound I'm looking for.

Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Corsa...sounds amazing. I get compliments all the time, there's no drone, and can be as quiet or as loud as you want it to be depending on how you apply the throttle. Yes, you're paying a pretty penny for it but it's worth it in my eyes.

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I got corsa extreme and it's worth the money. Don't get one of these cheap exhaust brands in the end you'll end up switching because you'll hate it and end up wasting more money. If you message all the vendors here who sell corsa you can get it for a lot cheaper then 1500 like I did. Just ask each vendor how much

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'd look at ARH as well. They are on the pricier end though.

JCasale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
call hypermotive and they can give you a good deal ( around 200$ off), i bought the corsa extreme and love it

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't get the MBRP street. Most people sell there MBRP street. Sounds good at idle and cruising around. Hit the gas and a very raspy sound comes out. I would go with solo performance. I'm actually thinking or switching to solo. I started with the MBRP street and now I have borla s-type with H pipe. I do really like my borla setup but I heard the solo street race and wow. That's the sound I'm looking for.
Yes, MBRP street is raspy as hell. Go with solo xv or thunder and you should be happy.

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack

Haha, I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I'm at just over a week on my new GT. I love the sound of the full ARH exhaust, but it requires a tune, so that's off my list for now. Corsa or Solo are probably my top choices at the moment. Also might just do an x-pipe resonator delete for the time being. I kind of like that higher pitched exotic sound, though, so I really dunno. I need to go to a meet and hear them in person.

Other than that, I'll be doing springs, cradle lockout, steeda diff bushing inserts, and probably calling it a day. Maybe the front brace when BMR releases it.

Getting used to the very different powerband on this car is interesting - and being able to cruise below 2k rpms is just strange, lol. I've been in turbo 4s for the last 12 years, so it's an adjustment, but I love it!

OP
OP
Nihil

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Was really leaning towards the solo performance mach thunder if I was steered away from the mbrp due to raspiness...however cant seem to find vendors selling the solo exhaust in the states, found stage 3 motorsports from solo's webpage but they don't seem to have the 2015 kits just 11-14 GT. I would like the corsa but man that price tag is hard to swallow lol.

Might as well not spend the 500 on mbrp just to be cheap if it sounds bad under hard accelerating. Ive bought way too many parts before on other cars and swapped to different parts...want to buy the right thing the first time just trying to judge off youtube vids.

OP
OP
Nihil

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Yup - thanks for the input guys, I called up solo performance and got squared away on the mach thunder catback. so looks like ill stay away from an intake for now as well and just put that money else where, I will just get one when I get a tune down the road.
Sponsored