Sponsored

New Ford Retail Tracking Website

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MY2019 5.0 V8 Convertible Orange Fury
Ford will surely tell you it is because Earth does not turn the right way for exporting cars.

The truth, I think, is that my car was parked and they did not want to tell me it has not yet gone from the US. But for now they do not really know where it is...
Sponsored

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to revive this topic but it's finally here!!!

After more than one year since the signing, my Mustang has arrived. I thought that I will never drive it...

Here are some pics :

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Congratulations Bill!! Enjoy your ride!

I am waitnig for my (second) Pony too, bound to Spain. Blend date was March 18 and I know from the Live chat with the guys at FORD Perfomance that the Pony arrived to the Newark port facility on April 9, but unfortunately, thet may track the car only whilst is still in the US.

Now, I doubt if the car has boarded the "Polaris Highway"(departed Newark on April 11, arrived Zeebrugge on April 30) - although may be that a two days slot only since the car arrived to the port could certainly be a tight time frame to arrange all export preparations- or most recently, on the "Green Drive Highway", which departed Newark on May 11.

For all those EU folks, try this:

https://trackmymustang.com/

Traceability until the US port of departure. Then, crossing fingers..!

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Many European buyers will be happy to use this website! Where is the website of the live chat you are talking about please?

I really hope you will have your Mustang soon... It's on the way!

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80

Sponsored

hdgram

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dieter
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM CONVERTIBLE
Congratulations Bill!! Enjoy your ride!

I am waitnig for my (second) Pony too, bound to Spain.

Now, I doubt if the car has boarded the "Polaris Highway"(departed Newark on April 11, arrived Zeebrugge on April 30) - although may be that a two days slot only since the car arrived to the port could certainly be a tight time frame to arrange all export preparations- or most recently, on the "Green Drive Highway", which departed Newark on May 11.
Why Zeebrugge? Each and every "K-Line" vessel from Newark is going Newark - Barcelona - Bremerhaven.

So why should they not leave your pony at Barcelona harbour?

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Why Zeebrugge? Each and every "K-Line" vessel from Newark is going Newark - Barcelona - Bremerhaven.

That sounds logic but as far as I know, all Ponys are unloaded at Zeebrugge to go through the underbody sealing treatment. I think the only exception are those bound to Germany, carried to Bremerhaven. However, this is just an assumption after years reading this forum, I do not have any certainty about that. And of course, dealers, at least in Spain, have no clue.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
That sounds logic but as far as I know, all Ponys are unloaded at Zeebrugge to go through the underbody sealing treatment. I think the only exception are those bound to Germany, carried to Bremerhaven. However, this is just an assumption after years reading this forum, I do not have any certainty about that. And of course, dealers, at least in Spain, have no clue.
Think you will find things have changed a bit in the last couple of years, as all U.K. ponies come direct to Liverpool now, which does away with Zeebrugge, which is a good thing as there undersealing is rubbish, also they now come over on ACL ships to the U.K. it also good to see Ford dealers are the same as in the U.K. totally useless :cwl:

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Think you will find things have changed a bit in the last couple of years, as all U.K. ponies come direct to Liverpool now, which does away with Zeebrugge, which is a good thing as there undersealing is rubbish, also they now come over on ACL ships to the U.K. it also good to see Ford dealers are the same as in the U.K. totally useless :cwl:
I will check when the Pony arrives. All Spanish registered cars (and every driver) must carry all times two documents to be shown to the Authorities on request: "Technical specification sheet" and "traffic permit". If the car is unloaded at Barcelona and enters into the EU market through the Spanish customs, this is shown in the very first document I have mentioned.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80

I read your statements today also at the Geerman forum... You are right, I drive right now a 2015, but awaiting for a new GT 2019 too...!

Sponsored

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
I read your statements today also at the Geerman forum... You are right, I drive right now a 2015, but awaiting for a new GT 2019 too...!
Oh you’re gonna love the 2019. I have a 2014 and traded a 2008 Saleen for the 2019. The 2019 is miles ahead of all of these, in terms of comfort and performance. Got the PP1 Oxford White showstopper red interior....loving every bit of it and you will enjoy yours too. It’s the only car I’ve owned and truly an automotive icon. Good luck on your new one!

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Thank you Steve!! Just looking at my cell/e-.mail every five minutes indeed!! Awaiting for my Pony like for water in a desert! And since my latest small talk with the dealer, it comes delayed about one entire month...!

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Steve!! Just looking at my cell/e-.mail every five minutes indeed!! Awaiting for my Pony like for water in a desert! And since my latest small talk with the dealer, it comes delayed about one entire month...!
I hear you. The wait is the killer part. I ordered mine last November and the dealer told me about 3-4 months. Delivery was supposed to be 03/10. My actual delivery was 5/26. It will be worth the wait. Went on some errands yesterday and with summer here for us, the cooled seat function is worth every penny. I see that you’re in Madrid.....I feel your pain on the waiting as overseas orders must be crazy time wise. Just curious, what are the specs on yours?

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Guess that your Pony was one of those affected by the steering wheel shortage, a Mexican supplier went on a labour strike on February and production was affected due to lack of spare parts.

Mine is a 2019 GT, Race red, performance pack, magnetic ride damping system, Auto 10T, trim Euro specs "custom pack 3".

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Guess that your Pony was one of those affected by the steering wheel shortage, a Mexican supplier went on a labour strike on February and production was affected due to lack of spare parts.

Mine is a 2019 GT, Race red, performance pack, magnetic ride damping system, Auto 10T, trim Euro specs "custom pack 3".
That’s gonna be a nice one. I only got the PP1 and the 401A package on mine. Wanted the manual but I have friends that got the 10R80 automatic and they love it. I’m one of those die hard old school gotta have a manual people. Never tried the manga ride but the stock suspension is pretty good, a lot better than my 2014.
Sponsored